My opinion > Your opinion

Main Menu

Shrill, hate-filled singer dies.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, February 12, 2012, 02:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Bu🤠ns

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I am LOLmused by all the people blaming Bobby Brown for Whitney's problems. I mean, give me a fucking break.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

AFK

Tony Bennett is blaming the U.S. Government, in a round about way. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Disco Pickle

"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: Nigel on February 12, 2012, 06:02:10 PM
I am LOLmused by all the people blaming Bobby Brown for Whitney's problems. I mean, give me a fucking break.

I guess the crack pipe grew magic crack legs and magic crack arms and cracked its way up to her magic crack lips by itself?

eta: Honestly?  I really just wanted to see the words "magic crack legs" written out like that :P

Thurnez Isa

Sorry I haven't been keeping track on the Internet as of late.

Has the conspiracy theories started yet?
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Bu☆ns on February 13, 2012, 03:57:10 AM
Quote from: Nigel on February 12, 2012, 06:02:10 PM

I guess the crack pipe grew magic crack legs and magic crack arms and cracked its way up to her magic crack lips by itself?

eta: Honestly?  I really just wanted to see the words "magic crack legs" written out like that :P

:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

I feel bad for her kid. Having a crack-head diva for a mother is shitty but so is having no mother at all.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Cain

I'm glad the BBC ran no less than six different stories on Whitney Houston's death.  I don't know how I would have coped otherwise.  Clearly, the BBC tailors each individual story to the Five Stages of Grief, and then adds an extra story just to make sure you're not still in denial.

The Rev

Roger, I have sat on this as long as I can. Whitney had a beautiful voice. The woman was a preachers daughter who had mental issues from her upbringing. She made some bad choices as an adult and paid the price for those choices.

I am tempted to compare to compare her to Billie Holiday.

East Coast Hustle

How many of her songs did she write?

And how many instruments did she play?

Just, y'know, wondering.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: What's-His-Name? on February 13, 2012, 12:26:00 AM
Tony Bennett is blaming the U.S. Government, in a round about way. 

As tempting as it is to pick that torch up and run with it, turning this thread into YET ANOTHER pointless yammer-fest about the idiocy of current American drug policy, I'll just say that Tony Bennett is absolutely right aside from the fact that rich people like Whitney Houston would be able to buy their way out of any sort of government-mandated treatment or harm-minimization programs.

Nice try though.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Rev

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on February 16, 2012, 07:10:19 AM
How many of her songs did she write?

And how many instruments did she play?

Just, y'know, wondering.

When listening to her beautiful voice interpret a song I can't help but wonder what that matters.