News:

PD.com: We'll make you an offer you can't understand.

Main Menu

Story Time.

Started by ThatGreenGentleman, February 12, 2012, 05:27:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThatGreenGentleman

The beautiful sounds of a piano vibrated and echoed throughout the halls of the house. The music notes bounced off the walls and ran into each other like playful children. The bright morning light filtered in through the windows, illuminating the room, revealing a black piano. This piano was so well taken care of you could see your reflection in it. The sad but loving melody came from piano which was being played by a young man, who looked very miserable. He looked as if he hadn't shaved for days, his eyes red from the many tears shed over a terrible tragedy. Booze bottles littered the floors, some having spilled their contents on the wooden floor. Curtains as green as the sea fluttered in a breeze, some leaves and fallen flowers drifting into the room. The man looked up from his piano for a moment and caught a glimpse of his wife's photo. His eyes filled with tears as he made his hands into fists and slammed them down onto the keyboard, causing an unsettling sound. "Abigail, My dearly beloved..." he whispered. He and Abigail and known each other since childhood, and had been married only a few months before the accident. He had been a broken man since her death, and her lovely picture constantly reminded him of their stolen future together. He got angry, how dare cruel fate take her away? He picked up a chair and threw it against a wall, smashing into pieces, flipped a table, but when he was about to throw a bottle at the piano he stopped. He wouldn't dare harm that piano, he couldn't, no matter how angry he was. He slowly shuffled back to the piano, sat down, and began to play again. He only knew one song, and he wouldn't learn any other. This was the song that was played during their wedding, and he refused to learn any other.

Remembering was never so painful.
THE END.
As a gentleman, it is my duty to wear top-hats.

Luna

Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

ThatGreenGentleman

A girl, about the age of eight, was sitting in the corner of a very dusty and old room. The room contained furniture, but the furniture was covered in cloth to keep them from getting dirty. The child cried silently, barely moving but clutching at one side of her face. The sound of creaking floorboards and footsteps moved up the staircase and down the hall to the room. Fear gripped at the girl's heart, and she stopped breathing for a moment. The door slowly creaked open. It was a person, but if it was a man or a woman, the child could not tell, but the person had very kind looking eyes. "Who are you?" asked the little girl. The person smiled warmly and said, "That is something I'd like to know myself." The person approached, and the little girl continued to clutch at her face and asked, "Are you here to take me away?" The person responded with a sad yes. The child became upset at this. "You can't! I'm waiting for someone, so I can't leave until they come back for me. If I don't wait for them I'll just be useless like always!" The expression on the person's face became sad, and the person knelt down in front of the child. The person pried away the girl's hands from her face to reveal something truly sad. The girl's face was breaking apart, her right eye gone, her right cheek nothing but a dark hole, and the rest of her face had cracks in it. "Do you even remember who you're waiting for?" the person asked. The girl felt a bit ashamed and said, "No, but they told me to wait here, so if I do they'll come back. It doesn't matter how long I wait, because I know they'll come back." The person sadly informed the girl that she could not stay here, and that the person she was waiting for no longer existed. The girl slowly started to fade away, crying and begging for help. The person could nothing but gaze at the sight. When the crying finally stopped, the girl had turned into a doll. A broken, old doll long forgotten in the house. The person carefully picked up the cracked doll, and left the house.

Missing you.
THE END.

Wolfgang Absolutus

Those were good. But I can't tell whether you are trying to teach me a lesson or dehydrate me.
Thinking and Breathing are my main occupations.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Wow, really nice work, TGG.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

ThatGreenGentleman

Ring, a-ring
Ring, a-ring

She was running through a hedge maze, like one she imagined Alice from Alice in Wonderland would run through at the Queen of Hearts' castle.

The fairest fairies' clothing,
The bluebell with his low shapely curves picks the primrose,
Around all her swerve

She stumbled a bit as she turned a corner, trying to outrun it, though her bulky dress made it hard to do so. She could tell it was still chasing after, after what she was carrying. She had to find her way out of maze before it was too late.

If he blunders,
The gate swing wide,
Open with all destruction inside,
Fairies, it will be eating!

She heard this booming poem before, but she couldn't quite recall, for she was more preoccupied with the object that seemed to grow heavier with every step. When she looked down for a moment, she realized that the grass had turned into mud that was slowing her down. The mud grew a face and said "Never, never. You mustn't leave the hedge with it! Ruin and despair will follow you wherever you go. So stay here with us, and never leave. Never, never." The girl ran faster.

Ding Ring Ring, Ding Ring Ring!
The clock doth toll, murder and mayhem seems to be on the menu

She finally crossed through the exit, feeling proud that she still had it, she looked at the object, it glistened the colors of gold and silver, even though the it was clouded overhead and threatened a downpour. She looked over her shoulder at what had been chasing her, and shuddered. Its body was grotesque. It had eyes and mouths everywhere, and its flesh seemed to be falling off, but it couldn't get her if she was outside of the maze. She walked onwards, she still had to give the object as a present at the tea party.

All the tables filled with guests,
and their cups filled to the top,
Their plates filled to the brim with food,
But what's this? The cups are filled with blood,
and the plates with flesh upon it,
and the guests are savage beasts, shrilling with laughter
as they enjoy this feast
I wonder if someone will die?

She finally arrived at the tea party, grinning from ear to ear, to see them all waving and shouting out hello to her. But when she put her present on the table things took a turn for the worse. All her happy and cheerful friends turned into fearful looking monsters, munching on bones that go crunch! She ran away from those she thought were her friends. Then she tripped and fell down a black hole.

Augusta awoke, still feeling sleepy from her nightmare, in the carriage. Her twin sister was singing the poem again. "Octavia, I thought I told you not to sing that. You know it gives me nightmares." Octavia looked hurt, and looked down at her drawing. She timidly said, "I-I'm sorry Auggy. It's just that you normally never sleep unless I sing the poem to you. You know I worry about you, especially since our fourteenth birthday last week." Augusta began to think about what happened last week at the birthday party, what happened there is the reason why  she and her family were moving to the countryside into a mansion they inherited from a deceased relative. But she turned her thoughts away from that, and looked out the window, messing with her hair. The sky was cloudy, like in her dream, and she closed her eyes trying to remember what the object looked like. To her disappointment she could only remember the color of it, then the carriage came to sudden stop.

The twins got out of the carriage and looked upon their new home. It was a large stone mansion with sprawling gardens, and a lake with something like an island in the center of it. Octavia ran to meet their parents, and Augusta took her time getting to the stairs. As Augusta looked at three of them smiling, she thought to herself, "They look like a family, whereas I don't know how I'm supposed to fit that perfect picture." When she finally made it over to them, her father told her and her sister to never go to the lake island, and if they did they would get quite the lashing. Octavia, their mother and father went inside, but Augusta stood, looking out at the lake island, her adventurous curiosity telling her to go to the lake island and see what's there...

End of part 1.