News:

PD's body has a way of shutting pro-lifer's down.

Main Menu

[History Dept] In case y'all didn't know, Mardi Gras started in Mobile

Started by navkat, February 13, 2012, 04:46:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: navkat on February 13, 2012, 07:10:59 PM
And Roger: I'm starting to comprehend the frustation you feel when you put some really good, close-to-the-heart material out there and all you're met with is witty one-upmanship and pat, little quips.

My empathetic apologies for my own part in that mess.

S'ok.  May as well get mad at the sun for rising.  At least Wade isn't here...The worst that can happen is for Lucifucker to post in your thread.  Or the fat fucker who shall not be named.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Nephew Twiddleton

I dont see how im ignoring the bulk of your post then. The politician is just one angle of it (someones gotta vote for the guy too). This all comes down to how people perceive themselves and each other right? That then frames what you think is wrong with the country and who the other guy is and what values you believe in. What the word american means.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

navkat

Quote from: Billy the Twid on February 13, 2012, 07:18:57 PM
I dont see how im ignoring the bulk of your post then. The politician is just one angle of it (someones gotta vote for the guy too). This all comes down to how people perceive themselves and each other right? That then frames what you think is wrong with the country and who the other guy is and what values you believe in. What the word american means.

Yeah, I caught that. See my EDIT. Again, my apologies. I took what you said paradoxically.

Nephew Twiddleton

Triple Zero

And Roger: I'm starting to comprehend the frustation you feel when you put some really good, close-to-the-heart material out there and all you're met with is witty one-upmanship and pat, little quips.

Sorry :( I was in a funny mood.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

This is not a subject that I know anything about so I don't have any input, but it was an interesting read; thanks Navkat.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

navkat

Quote from: Nigel on February 13, 2012, 11:51:39 PM
This is not a subject that I know anything about so I don't have any input, but it was an interesting read; thanks Navkat.

Yeah, man. I thought you'd dig it for sure. PLEASE catch Order Of Myths if you have Netflix. I SWEAR you won't be sorry. <3

navkat

Quote from: Triple Zero on February 13, 2012, 09:09:42 PM

Sorry :( I was in a funny mood.

No harm, no foul. I'll still have yuor babies.

Elder Iptuous

damn. i don't think the world would be ready for those babies!

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

navkat

Quote from: Triple Zero on February 14, 2012, 01:06:00 PM
As long as she returns them back when she's done with em.

Don't I always stuff 'em back under the mattress exactly as I found them? I even make the bed and everything.

Sheesh! What do you think I am? A savage?

Nephew Twiddleton

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: Billy the Twid on February 14, 2012, 03:40:55 PM
Belgians can breed with humans?

Yes.  the offspring are, in fact, more rugged than Belgians, and more docile than humans.
they are, unfortunately, sterile.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Iptuous on February 14, 2012, 03:42:38 PM

Yes.  the offspring are, in fact, more rugged than Belgians, and more docile than humans.

But will they carry your shit and pull your cart?

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: Billy the Twid on February 14, 2012, 03:49:02 PM
Quote from: Iptuous on February 14, 2012, 03:42:38 PM

But will they carry your shit and pull your cart?

I don't know.  they are generally harvested for their soft soft fur, and their lean meat (high in omega fatty acids) well before they reach the point that they could carry much.