News:

Sometimes I rattle the cage and beat my head uselessly against its bars, but sometimes, I can shake one loose and use it as a dildo.

Main Menu

Mystery kidney disease in Central America probably caused by

Started by Kai, February 15, 2012, 12:35:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kai

If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Juana

Quote"I think that everything points away from pesticides," said Dr. Catharina Wesseling, an occupational and environmental epidemiologist who also is regional director of the Program on Work, Health and Environment in Central America. "It is too multinational; it is too spread out.
Ok, I'm going to have to come back to this (class is almost over and it'll be a while before I can get back), but what? I'm aware that different countries ban different pesticides, but I don't see why this in itself rules out the possibility of a toxic origin.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Kai

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on February 15, 2012, 12:44:35 AM
Quote"I think that everything points away from pesticides," said Dr. Catharina Wesseling, an occupational and environmental epidemiologist who also is regional director of the Program on Work, Health and Environment in Central America. "It is too multinational; it is too spread out.
Ok, I'm going to have to come back to this (class is almost over and it'll be a while before I can get back), but what? I'm aware that different countries ban different pesticides, but I don't see why this in itself rules out the possibility of a toxic origin.

I agree. It's a just so story. Let's see strong inference rejecting multiple hypotheses until there is only one remaining.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Richter

Quote from: ZL 'Kai' Burington, M.S. on February 15, 2012, 12:35:11 AM
either exposure to pesticides and herbicides or chronic dehydration.

And I thought, really, chronic dehydration? Seems far more likely to be toxin related.

The way most people swill diuretics, I wouldn't be surprised by dehydration at all, actually.  Then again, dehydration will likely worsen any toxin exposure.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat