News:

PD.com: children are filled with joy, adults are filled with dread and local government is filled with stupid

Main Menu

Fear

Started by Triple Zero, February 15, 2012, 12:12:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

Fear can sometimes be a useful emotion. For instance, let's say you're an astronaut on the moon and you fear that your partner has been turned into Dracula. The next time he goes out for moon pieces, wham!, you just slam the door behind him and blast off. He might call you on the radio and say he's not Dracula, but you just say, "Think again, bat man."
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

East Coast Hustle

10/10. WOULD READ AGAIN.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Good Reverend Roger

Or you could be like Nigel, who has the Bottom of the Top in her basement.  Sometimes, whispered warnings some out of the pipe, like "cross the bridge, you fool!  It's almost dark!" or "Stop up those gaps before it comes!  Take time to consider where YOUR bones are going!".  When Nigel tires of this, she grabs a funnel and pours a gallon of lye down the pipe, which usually shuts it up.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

El Sjaako

Love can sometimes be a useful emotion. For instance, say politicians can't agree on policy. If they loved each other, they would together make policy against vampires. There might be some people saying "I'm not a vampire, and even if I was you would have to think about the morals and practicality of killing anyone who was probably a vampire", but you just shoot them and say "Think again, bat man."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 15, 2012, 01:52:18 PM
Or you could be like Nigel, who has the Bottom of the Top in her basement.  Sometimes, whispered warnings some out of the pipe, like "cross the bridge, you fool!  It's almost dark!" or "Stop up those gaps before it comes!  Take time to consider where YOUR bones are going!".  When Nigel tires of this, she grabs a funnel and pours a gallon of lye down the pipe, which usually shuts it up.

:lulz:

One thing that alarms me a bit about the Top of the Bottom is that the hole has been steadily growing larger as time goes by, and I still cant see the bottom when I shine a light down there.

The other thing that alarms me is that this area was once known as The Valley of Sickness, and is riddled with radon. Holes and cracks in basements floors tend to be a significant entry point, so that fucking hole is probably giving us all cancer right now.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on February 15, 2012, 03:55:02 PM

One thing that alarms me a bit about the Top of the Bottom is that the hole has been steadily growing larger as time goes by, and I still cant see the bottom when I shine a light down there.

The other thing that alarms me is that this area was once known as The Valley of Sickness, and is riddled with radon. Holes and cracks in basements floors tend to be a significant entry point, so that fucking hole is probably giving us all cancer right now.

Detectors are fairly cheap at the hardware store.  They aren't very good, but one stuck over the pipe itself would probably give you a good indication.  Unless something steals it, or tells it secrets until it slithers up the stairs looking for lunch.

And you can't see the bottom, because it goes sideways.  All the way to The Pipe, where some dude in a lawnchair tries to tell you what's what, if only you'd LISTEN.  Instead, he gets a face full of lye.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 15, 2012, 03:58:23 PM
Quote from: Nigel on February 15, 2012, 03:55:02 PM

Detectors are fairly cheap at the hardware store.  They aren't very good, but one stuck over the pipe itself would probably give you a good indication.  Unless something steals it, or tells it secrets until it slithers up the stairs looking for lunch.

And you can't see the bottom, because it goes sideways.  All the way to The Pipe, where some dude in a lawnchair tries to tell you what's what, if only you'd LISTEN.  Instead, he gets a face full of lye.

He'll be OK, he's a tough old bastard.

I picked up a kit the other day... it'll be three months before it's ripe and I can send it in.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."