News:

There's a sucker born every minute... and you are right on time.

Main Menu

I don't care about your wonderful experience with marijuana. Shut up.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, February 15, 2012, 08:07:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Triple Zero on March 01, 2012, 09:39:39 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 01, 2012, 08:42:13 PM
Goofus gets mad at the world, and joins occupy.

Gallant knows that everything happens for a reason.

OOoohhhw that one's really good.

(not that I've ever seen Goofus&Gallant, but the theme's pretty obvious thanks to you posting some pics)

It's from a crypto-esque Christian magazine for children, called Highlights, most often found in dentists offices.  It basically told kids to smile for The Man, and not to get too interested in things that weren't directly controlled by the church or the state.

The running water one is a perfect example.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Goofus wonders how magnets work.

Gallant knows it's all part of God's plan.
Molon Lube

Nephew Twiddleton

Trip- i signed up sometime in early 2010. Im not sure if i was around for that but i do remember seeing it now that lmno has jogged my memory.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Sita

I loved Highlights when I was a kid. It's what started my love of hidden picture games and puzzle games in general.
Somehow I never noticed those comics.
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Sita on March 01, 2012, 10:26:27 PM
I loved Highlights when I was a kid. It's what started my love of hidden picture games and puzzle games in general.
Somehow I never noticed those comics.

It was the ONLY thing I noticed.  I was about 6, and I always thought Goofus was getting a raw deal.

That Gallant fucker knew how to play the game, though.  Gotta hand him that.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"Coraline" is almost like a modern Goofus and Gallant story, only with Goofus as the hero.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

navkat

Quote from: Pixie on February 15, 2012, 08:38:27 PM
Smoking strong weed on the daily is BAD FOR YOUR BRAIN. I know this from horrible experience.

And I know this from watching people do it and being horrified by the gradual dulling that they can't even see is happening.

I think it's pretty safe to say doing any intoxicant on the daily in excessive/intensely recreational amounts is probably not fantabulous use of common sense. I can't stand those dumbshits in "the scene" (ANY scene, dammit) who dump massive amounts of Arrrghglubglub into their brains every, single weekend with no research into harm-reduction, mechanisms of action, reducing risk of neurotoxicity, adulterants, testing kits or even a quick trip to bluelight or erowid and they wander around, aimlessly with 2-second memory, jaw clenchies and their eyeballs wiggling out of their skulls like bobble-head dolls, thinking (if you can call it that) "Hey, why isn't this stuff working so good anymore? Howcome I spent the whole night with my heart rate at 150, smoked two packs of shitty menthols, and I feel like shit but my buddy ate the same stuff I did and he's got a tootsie pop in his mouf, he's hugging a Brobee doll and he's rolling around in a soft pile of 22-year-old hotties who all look like Stephanie from Lazy Town? Howcome I feel six hours of my stomach in knots then, I spend the next four literally in a state that's at the precipice of modified sleepwalking and the next week wishing my mom had an abortion? When I was four?"

How's that for some fun, trip-report anecdotal entertain?

I totally get OP's "preachin it" lament...and man, I've done that Hunter S. "I highly advocate.." bs before (never again. People are individuals, thank you) but I'm a huuuuge proponent of "Educate yourself before you eat the fucking Lucky Charms and turn into a fucking leprechaun, pin-hole! Or I am not giving you a light show when you burn out your neuro-receptors and your eyes stick like that at age 37!"

And I am DEAD SERIOUS about that. If you act like a garbage-head and I'm afraid someday I'm gonna have to push 5mg of valium into your shit to turn off the status epilepticus, there will be NO RAINBOW BLINKIES FOR YOU.

I am anti-preachin carelessness, brah.

LMNO

Goofus understands electromagnetism.

Gallant things magnets are miracles.  And listens to ICP.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

B_M_W

Goofus thinks for himself. Galliant avoids thoughtcrime.

Goofus sees the universe as meaningful without gods. Galliant staves off psychopathy and despair with religion.

No. Nono.

Goofus refrains from marijuana, because it's the tool of The Machine. Galliant smokes marijuana but only when The Man isn't looking.
One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

6.5 billion Buddhas walking around.

99.xxxxxxx% forgot they are Buddha.

navkat

Quote from: B_M_W on March 04, 2012, 08:33:34 PM

Goofus refrains from marijuana, because it's the tool of The Machine. Galliant smokes marijuana but only when The Man isn't looking.

My mind is a pink sock.

B_M_W

Quote from: navkat on March 05, 2012, 12:17:19 AM
Quote from: B_M_W on March 04, 2012, 08:33:34 PM

My mind is a pink sock.

One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

6.5 billion Buddhas walking around.

99.xxxxxxx% forgot they are Buddha.

navkat

:lulz:
I'd suggest you google "pink sock" but your argument is clearly better and I don't want to ruin it.

Don Coyote

Quote from: navkat on March 05, 2012, 05:13:32 PM
:lulz:
I'd suggest you google "pink sock" but your argument is clearly better and I don't want to ruin it.

I HAVE GOT TO STOP GOGGLING THINGS FROM PD!!!!!

Doktor Howl

You People have the right to stare dully at television reports concerning Afghanistan.

Molon Lube