News:

I hope she gets diverticulitis and all her poop kills her.

Main Menu

News Stories Which Highlight the Structure of the System

Started by Telarus, February 16, 2012, 01:06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Aha!  Found it!  Look at this awful, terrible, no-good resolution, full of targeted discrimination and SJW hate that forces a poor woman to sell her home and move!

RESOLUTION NO. 14
A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Whitefish, Montana, declaring it to be its intention to take a stance in support of the community values that recognize the dignity of all persons and welcome diversity and inclusion for all of its inhabitants and visitors.

WHEREAS, at the November 17, 2014 City Council meeting many members of the
Whitefish community and area residents requested the City Council to take a
stance in support of diversity, inclusion, free speech, and freedom of assembly
for all inhabitants and visitors; and

WHEREAS, the history of Whitefish includes the significant contribution of immigrants
from many countries who came to this community to live peacefully with one another despite
their differences in culture, race or religion; and

WHEREAS, Article II, Declaration of Rights, of the Montana Constitution, states
unequivocally that "[t]he dignity of the human being is inviolable" and prohibits discrimination
in the exercise of civil and political rights, on account of race, color, sex, culture, social origin or
condition, or political or religious ideas; and

WHEREAS, Section 49-1-101, MCA, Montana state law declares and recognizes as a
civil right, the right to be free from discrimination because of race, creed, religion, color, sex,
physical or mental disability, age, or national origin, which includes the right to obtain and hold
employment without discrimination, the right to the full enjoyment of any accommodation
facilities or privileges of any place of public resort, accommodation, assemblage or amusement;
and

WHEREAS, it is the intent of the City of Whitefish that every person within the
jurisdiction of the City of Whitefish shall be entitled to its protection of each person's civil rights
with the right not to suffer from discrimination; and

WHEREAS, Article 1, Section 1.01 of the City of Whitefish Charter states the City shall
have all powers not prohibited by the Constitution of Montana or the laws of Montana and that
its powers and authority shall be liberally construed; and

WHEREAS, the City's powers include but are not limited to its police power which is its
fundamental authority to enact laws on behalf of the health, safety, and general welfare of its
citizens; and

WHEREAS, the City finds that discrimination in the areas of employment, public
accommodations and housing is a serious threat to the health, safety, and general welfare of the
community, because that discrimination is a violation of basic civil rights, creates strife and
unrest and deprives the City of its full capacity for economic development; and

WHEREAS, the City finds that a diversity of views, exchange of ideas, and the right to
peacefully assemble are important to a healthy a vibrant community; and

WHEREAS, at a lawfully noticed public hearing on December 1, 2014, the Whitefish
City Council received an oral report and a written report from staff, invited public input, and
approved the Resolution declaring it to be its intention to support the community values that
recognize the dignity of all persons and welcome diversity and inclusion for all of its inhabitants
and visitors; and

WHEREAS, nothing in this Resolution is intended to alter or abridge other rights,
protections, or privileges secured by state or federal law, including state and federal
constitutional protections of freedom of speech, assembly, and exercise of religion; and

WHEREAS, it is in the best interests of the City of Whitefish, Montana, and its
inhabitants to adopt this Resolution.

THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED by the City Council of the City of Whitefish,
Montana and its inhabitants, as follows:
Section 1: The Whitefish City Council declares its support of Whitefish community values that recognize and celebrate the dignity, diversity, and inclusion of all of its inhabitants and visitors, and protect and safeguard the right and opportunity of all persons to exercise their civil rights, including the rights of free speech, freedom of assembly, and freedom from discrimination.

Section 2: This Resolution shall take effect immediately after its adoption by the City Council of the City of Whitefish, Montana, and signing by the Mayor thereof.

xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed)

Yeah thats what eventually passed after community feedback.

Calling themselves Love Lives Here, the group packed the Whitefish City Council chambers on Monday night to demand the council pass an anti-hate ordinance that would bar such groups from assembling in the city.

So is SPLC wrong? Are they lying?

LMNO

I also read the community comments.  Not much about barring anyone.  More about how they wanted a firm statement of inclusion.

Also, nothing about forcing people (or their mothers) to sell their house.  And absolutely nothing about restricting free speech.

Considering your initial foray into this was some accusation that a woman was being forced to sell her place because of a proposed community ordinance, you pretty much failed this one.

xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed)

Quote from: LMNO on December 16, 2016, 07:14:36 PM
I also read the community comments.

Except you didnt.

http://www.dailyinterlake.com/opinion/is-it-love-or-hate-that-lives-here/article_109d0cfe-782a-11e4-83b5-ff31a2d4698f.html

I recently read the Whitefish Pilot's story, "Whitefish rallies for 'no hate' ordinance." According to the story, 100 people, led by a group known as "Love Lives Here," packed into Whitefish's small town city council chambers demanding our local government pass an ordinance prohibiting Richard Spencer and the National Policy Institute he represents from doing business or having offices in Whitefish.

Are they in fact making this up? Not just this letter, but the SPLC too? I know Im being really evasive admitting I was wrong about the year this happened and constantly sourcing my claims. But could a paragon of straightforward speaking like yourself please address this question.

Was there in fact no attempt to bar Spencer from having an office(his mothers property is considered an office) or doing business in whitefish? Why are all these people including the SOUTHERN POVERTY LAW CENTER lying about this? Is that letter to the editor of an obscure local paper making it up too?

LMNO

LMNO

I mean, you seem to be obsessed with second-hand news sources that come from a place of bias, intentional or no.

Surely, you've been here long enough to know that really not how it works.

Surely.

Of course.

MMIX

Just another insight
QuoteA NEW BUILDING GOES UP IN MONTANA - COURTESY OF WHITE SUPREMACIST DICK SPENCER
OPP HQ  Sunday, 23 November 2014
So the building in question did not even exist at the time of the council meeting and has been since been put up by Spencer and his mother in the face of clear opposition from the community to having an NPI HQ in Whitefish.

Edit to correct That should have been NPI not MPI [who I have nothing against]   and doubtlesss nor do the good people of Whitefish
Also does it feel kind of weird that this town is called Whitefish?
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

LMNO

I know RP is gone, but this is interesting.

https://thinkprogress.org/white-nationalists-target-jews-in-small-montana-town-71f3ed16d14b#.gplgn9os3

1.  Yes, it's ThinkProgress, so there are biases.  However, the tweets contained within are valid.
QuoteThe post included photos, phone numbers, email address, and social media accounts of members of Love Lives Now, a peace organization "committed to co-creating a caring, open, accepting and diverse community, free from discrimination and dedicated to equal treatment," which is smeared by Anglin as a "terrorist group." The action also incorporated photos of a local real estate owner, her husband, and young sons, as well as addresses where people can find them.

Draw your own conclusions.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO on December 16, 2016, 07:14:36 PM
I also read the community comments.  Not much about barring anyone.  More about how they wanted a firm statement of inclusion.

Also, nothing about forcing people (or their mothers) to sell their house.  And absolutely nothing about restricting free speech.

Considering your initial foray into this was some accusation that a woman was being forced to sell her place because of a proposed community ordinance, you pretty much failed this one.

I don't really get the impression he reads things. Reading is hard when you're kinda dumb, which is why stupid people use Youtube videos as information sources.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO on December 19, 2016, 02:57:53 PM
I know RP is gone, but this is interesting.

https://thinkprogress.org/white-nationalists-target-jews-in-small-montana-town-71f3ed16d14b#.gplgn9os3

1.  Yes, it's ThinkProgress, so there are biases.  However, the tweets contained within are valid.
QuoteThe post included photos, phone numbers, email address, and social media accounts of members of Love Lives Now, a peace organization "committed to co-creating a caring, open, accepting and diverse community, free from discrimination and dedicated to equal treatment," which is smeared by Anglin as a "terrorist group." The action also incorporated photos of a local real estate owner, her husband, and young sons, as well as addresses where people can find them.

Draw your own conclusions.

Wow, the actual situation is the exact opposite of what RP was claiming. So surprised. Wow.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

What's funny is that I liked RP at first because I thought he was being satirical. Whoops, my bad! I guess I forgot my own principle that it is impossible to satire hard enough to keep up with reality.

Junkenstein

Quote from: LMNO on December 19, 2016, 04:46:21 PM
Yeah.  I wanted to tie this one off, though.

Nicely dismantled man. 0.6/Cain at least.

It's interesting how rp has basically left awake of news stories that actually aren't the news in question at all. It's very odd watching this agenda build up because the logical consequences are not pleasant. Fact checking, for instance, now seems to be completely optional and opinions are more accepted as fact.

Here begins a new golden era for snake oil salesmen of all flavors.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Junkenstein

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.