News:

You're miserable, edgy and tired. You're in the perfect mood for PD.com.

Main Menu

News Stories Which Highlight the Structure of the System

Started by Telarus, February 16, 2012, 01:06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rococo Modem Basilisk

http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/180311/anonymous-new-timeline-of-fbi-infiltration-suggests-antisec-may-have-been-an-fbi-creation/
Think about this for a second. It's one thing to do the agent provacateur thing in a small local protest group that can be fairly easily put down (or to radicalize someone, provide them with a terror plot, and give them fake explosives), but it's another thing entirely to tell a large international movement to attack you for the sole purpose of trying to prosecute a few of the dumbest people involved.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

LMNO

GOP claims Obama doesn't support women because Bill Maher called Sarah Palin a cunt.

Because calling someone names is so much worse than passing legislation that makes women second-class citizens.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on March 20, 2012, 01:54:10 PM
GOP claims Obama doesn't support women because Bill Maher called Sarah Palin a cunt.

Because calling someone names is so much worse than passing legislation that makes women second-class citizens.

And Bill Maher is Barack Obama occasionally.   :lulz:
Molon Lube

LMNO

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 20, 2012, 02:09:43 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on March 20, 2012, 01:54:10 PM

And Bill Maher is Barack Obama occasionally.   :lulz:

Yes, that makes perfect sense!  :lol:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Prince Glittersnatch III

Speaking of spook states.

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2012/03/ff_nsadatacenter/all/1

The Panopticon might finally become a reality.

Additional reading:
http://www.brookings.edu/~/media/Files/rc/papers/2011/1214_digital_storage_villasenor/1214_digital_storage_villasenor.pdf

^It will soon be practical for governments to keep a digital record of EVERY bit of communication.

Imagine the blackmail potential of this. Future politicians will have every dirty google search and every off color instant messaging joke they made hanging over their heads. Its Hoovers wet dream, a world where there is a file on everyone.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Cain

Who says politicians are going to have access to it?

Some guy in a suit at Fort Meade will have all the blackmail material needed on any political figure, past, present or considering running, ever.

Whose authority does the NSA come under again?  Just some guys in a funny shaped building.

LMNO

Yesterday, during a Supreme Court hearing, Justice Scalia said, "modern penology has abandoned that rehabilitation thing."

But of course -- you'd be depriving jails of their income, if you helped criminals stop being criminals.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Prince Glittersnatch III on March 20, 2012, 08:41:17 PM
Its Hoovers wet dream, a world where there is a file on everyone.

I like this idea.

Because SOMEONE is eventually gonna LOOK at the files on LMNO and myself, and it warms my cold little heart to think of that person's therapy bills.
Molon Lube

LMNO

You'd be able to hear the screaming from Ft Meade as far away as Charlotte, NC.

Telarus

Thanks for keeping the momentum guy and gals.

http://boingboing.net/2012/03/19/liberating-americas-secret.html

Liberating America's secret, for-pay laws
Quote[Editor's note: This morning, I found a an enormous, 30Lb box waiting for me at my post-office box. Affixed to it was a sticker warning me that by accepting this box into my possession, I was making myself liable for nearly $11 million in damages. The box was full of paper, and printed on the paper were US laws -- laws that no one is allowed to publish or distribute without permission. Carl Malamud, Boing Boing's favorite rogue archivist, is the guy who sent me this glorious box of weird (here are the unboxing pics for your pleasure). I was expecting it, because he asked me in advance if I minded being one of the 25 entities who'd receive this law-bomb on deposit. I was only too glad to accept -- on the condition that Carl write us a guest editorial explaining what this was all about. He was true to his word. -Cory]
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Juana

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Telarus

I though Dok Howl would be interested (as well as a few others which are in fields where standards incorporated-by-reference into law are commonly used), as this directly effects their jobs and stuff....
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!