News:

TESTEMONAIL:  Right and Discordianism allows room for personal interpretation. You have your theories and I have mine. Unlike Christianity, Discordia allows room for ideas and opinions, and mine is well-informed and based on ancient philosophy and theology, so, my neo-Discordian friends, open your minds to my interpretation and I will open my mind to yours. That's fair enough, right? Just claiming to be discordian should mean that your mind is open and willing to learn and share ideas. You guys are fucking bashing me and your laughing at my theologies and my friends know what's up and are laughing at you and honestly this is my last shot at putting a label on my belief structure and your making me lose all hope of ever finding a ideological group I can relate to because you don't even know what the fuck I'm talking about and everything I have said is based on the founding principals of real Discordianism. Expand your mind.

Main Menu

News Stories Which Highlight the Structure of the System

Started by Telarus, February 16, 2012, 01:06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on April 23, 2012, 10:08:37 PM
One man, one vote.

Alternate voting station is on the grassy knoll a couple of hundred meters away.
Molon Lube

Telarus

US Journalists Targeted By Pentagon Propaganda Contractors

Posted by timothy on Sunday April 22, @01:27PM
from the hey-this-feels-creepy dept.

Quote from: 'Jeremiah Cornelius writes'
"While conducting investigative reporting on civilian contractors in the Pentagon's "InfoOps" Internet propaganda operations, two reporters found themselves the subject of a highly targeted, professional media manipulation effort. Reporter Tom Vanden Brook and Editor Ray Locker found that Twitter and Facebook accounts have been created in their names, along with a Wikipedia entry and dozens of message board postings and blog comments. Websites were registered in their names. Some postings merely copied Vanden Brook's and Locker's previous reporting. Others accused them of being sponsored by the Taliban. 'I find it creepy and cowardly that somebody would hide behind my name and presumably make up other names in an attempt to undermine my credibility,' Vanden Brook said. If these websites were created using federal funds, it could violate federal law prohibiting the production of propaganda for domestic consumption."
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

whenhellfreezes

Part of why the system is so durable to resistance and activism has to do with the ineffectiveness of activism. The following article does a good job of arguing that far too many activists see being an activist and making political statements as a role to be played rather than an action that some individuals choose to take. As a result the act of dissent becomes a specialized job of those who are experts at dissent (and acting like a martyr) i.e. activists and leaves the domain of the average person. A trend that is counter to the very purpose that they are espousing.

http://libcom.org/library/give-up-activism

I am not sure if this is the right place to put this post. But whatever.

inode_buddha

Quote from: Telarus on April 25, 2012, 02:50:16 AM
US Journalists Targeted By Pentagon Propaganda Contractors

Posted by timothy on Sunday April 22, @01:27PM
from the hey-this-feels-creepy dept.

Quote from: 'Jeremiah Cornelius writes'
"While conducting investigative reporting on civilian contractors in the Pentagon's "InfoOps" Internet propaganda operations, two reporters found themselves the subject of a highly targeted, professional media manipulation effort. Reporter Tom Vanden Brook and Editor Ray Locker found that Twitter and Facebook accounts have been created in their names, along with a Wikipedia entry and dozens of message board postings and blog comments. Websites were registered in their names. Some postings merely copied Vanden Brook's and Locker's previous reporting. Others accused them of being sponsored by the Taliban. 'I find it creepy and cowardly that somebody would hide behind my name and presumably make up other names in an attempt to undermine my credibility,' Vanden Brook said. If these websites were created using federal funds, it could violate federal law prohibiting the production of propaganda for domestic consumption."

But wait, why would they do that? After all, if they have nothing to hide then they have nothing to fear, right?

Right??

</crickets> :x

*sigh* it doesn't really surprise me anymore, but it does disgust. Why the hell do I keep expecting any ethics out of the other monkeys? Is it because they are gonna expect things from me? :horrormirth:
C|N>K

hirley0

Telarus

A friend from HS posted this on his facebook (name withheld for privacy reasons):

To all my Facebook Friends And Family, If you have served time in Prison, Please remove me from your friends list. The agency I work for is Firing Employees for having friends that have served time. Thank you.

Follow-up response to "Isn't that a bit illegal?":

You would be surprised. However, it is very understandable. It is a conflict of interest for someone in corrections. Some corrections officers have been fired for unknowingly or knowingly having friends who were once inmates. I am confidant that everyone on my friends list are not ex-con's but on the odd chance that someone has a dark past that I don't know about, well I just can risk it. I need my job. Honestly, have thought about taking this down.
Telarus, KSC,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Prince Glittersnatch III

http://thebaffler.com/notebook/2012/03/too_smart_to_fail

QuoteA résumé filled with grievous errors in the period 1996–2006 is not only a non-problem for further advances in the world of consensus; it is something of a prerequisite. Our intellectual powers that be not only forgive the mistakes; they require them. You must have been wrong back then in order to have a chance to be taken seriously today; only by having gotten things wrong can you demonstrate that you are trustworthy, a member of the team. (Those who got things right all along, on the other hand, might be dubbed "premature market skeptics"—people who doubted the consensus before the consensus acknowledged it was all right to doubt.)
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Cain

QuoteAnother way of putting this idea might be to say that the individuals who got things wrong—the ones who saw few problems in financial deregulation, anyone who thought derivatives eliminated risk, anyone who counted on markets to police themselves—were "one of us." There can be no consequences for them because they merely expressed the consensus views of the time. Like John Maynard Keynes's "sound banker," they might have failed, but they failed in the same way that the rest of "us" failed. To hold them accountable for what they said and did would expose the rest of "us" to such judgment as well. And obviously that can't happen.

Diego Gambetta gave this as the same reason as why academic cartels tend to flourish - someone who wants consensus is spouted, not an insufferable genius type.  As soon as more corrupt, politically able but less intelligent academics manage to get positions on review boards, departmental positions and so on, the tendency is for them to close ranks against people who might well be very smart and bright, because they'll be shown up.  Failure, conversely, is OK, so long as blame can be equally distributed.

Franks can be kinda hit and miss at times, but so far, this is not a bad article.

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Prince Glittersnatch III on April 30, 2012, 12:08:47 AM
http://thebaffler.com/notebook/2012/03/too_smart_to_fail

QuoteA résumé filled with grievous errors in the period 1996–2006 is not only a non-problem for further advances in the world of consensus; it is something of a prerequisite. Our intellectual powers that be not only forgive the mistakes; they require them. You must have been wrong back then in order to have a chance to be taken seriously today; only by having gotten things wrong can you demonstrate that you are trustworthy, a member of the team. (Those who got things right all along, on the other hand, might be dubbed "premature market skeptics"—people who doubted the consensus before the consensus acknowledged it was all right to doubt.)

There is an assumption at the heart of this article that I have to disagree with.  That assumption is that the economic collapse was a mistake.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Telarus

http://voicesoftruthtv.com/?ep=not-for-sale-at-any-price&from=1&sec=episode

[2003] The State of Hawaii 'apparently' colluded with a hired archaeologist and Walmart to survey only 1/2 of a property site for native burials (they half they knew didn't contain bones).

(Can I just say fuck Walmart at this point?)

Their contractors just dug them up when breaking ground and left them exposed to the elements (one of the most disrespectful things you can do in Hawaiian culture is expose the dead to sunlight and the elements). When a protest formed and wouldn't leave unless they were "covered", the walmart employee threw cardboard over them. The protesters were pissed, and demanded at least coral-sand.

The families finally got remains returned and reburied them at a site behind the old graveyard / new Walmart loading docks.

Worth watching.

Telarus, KSC,

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Telarus on April 30, 2012, 08:12:19 PM
http://voicesoftruthtv.com/?ep=not-for-sale-at-any-price&from=1&sec=episode

[2003] The State of Hawaii 'apparently' colluded with a hired archaeologist and Walmart to survey only 1/2 of a property site for native burials (they half they knew didn't contain bones).

(Can I just say fuck Walmart at this point?)

Their contractors just dug them up when breaking ground and left them exposed to the elements (one of the most disrespectful things you can do in Hawaiian culture is expose the dead to sunlight and the elements). When a protest formed and wouldn't leave unless they were "covered", the walmart employee threw cardboard over them. The protesters were pissed, and demanded at least coral-sand.

The families finally got remains returned and reburied them at a site behind the old graveyard / new Walmart loading docks.

Worth watching.

Why do Hawaiians hate America?
Molon Lube

Cain

Well, American tourists to have a tendency to look like bloated whale carcasses, and seeing them sunning themselves on the beach would be equivalent to exposing their corpses to the elements, which is apparently very disrepectful in their culture.

Telarus

Rog, in our current post-American pseudo-Anarchist Libertarian paradise, possession is 9/10th of the law and those dead people owned that land already.

This is a purely legal matter between the American Business people and those native tribes who don't have mass-produced weapons-infrastructure. We should really leave this up to the courts court-appointed arbiter.
Telarus, KSC,

Telarus

Quote from: Cain on April 30, 2012, 08:15:20 PM
Well, American tourists to have a tendency to look like bloated whale carcasses, and seeing them sunning themselves on the beach would be equivalent to exposing their corpses to the elements, which is apparently very disrepectful in their culture.

Oh damn, missed that.  :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:
Telarus, KSC,