News:

In North Korea, this forum wouldn't be banned, it would be revered and taught in schools as a palatable and preferable version of Western history. And in many ways, that's all the truth the children of North Korea need

Main Menu

News Stories Which Highlight the Structure of the System

Started by Telarus, February 16, 2012, 01:06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salty

QuoteI think that chicken nuggets split the difference between real fried chicken (what's there not to like?) and Doritos,

:horrormirth:
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

AFK

The chickens didn't starve before they were killed, so obviously McNuggets aren't "authentic" food.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Cain

Cain

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Fox has been freaking me out with real reporting lately.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

minuspace

I always thought thought those formula vehicles with conspicuous spoilers were just so darn cute :lol:

Cain

Cain

minuspace

I mean, of course it had to be an /amphibious/ carrier, right?  Just to bridge the gap between the worst I might imagine and the grand illusion otherwise still left standing there, with pale, commemorative eyes  :horrormirth:

Telarus

Quote from: LuciferX on October 15, 2013, 11:02:38 AM
I mean, of course it had to be an /amphibious/ carrier, right?  Just to bridge the gap between the worst I might imagine and the grand illusion otherwise still left standing there, with pale, commemorative eyes  :horrormirth:

Dude, communication requires context. You have the context for the above, but you haven't given it to the rest of us. This is a trend in your posts.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Cain

Junkenstein

That article has implications all over the show.

QuoteBandar discussed the Syrian issue at length. He explained how the kingdom's position had evolved on the Syrian crisis since the Daraa incident all the way to what is happening today. He said, "The Syrian regime is finished as far as we and the majority of the Syrian people are concerned. [The Syrian people] will not allow President Bashar al-Assad to remain at the helm. The key to the relations between our two countries starts by understanding our approach to the Syrian issue. So you have to stop giving [the Syrian regime] political support, especially at the UN Security Council, as well as military and economic support. And we guarantee you that Russia's interests in Syria and on the Mediterranean coast will not be affected one bit. In the future, Syria will be ruled by a moderate and democratic regime that will be directly sponsored by us and that will have an interest in understanding Russia's interests and role in the region.

Looks like Bandar's acting as some kind of power broker for the region. Everyone talk to Bandar about what you want and let him go and "negotiate" for you. For a fee or favour, of course.

This also caught my eye:

QuoteAt the bilateral level, Bandar relayed the Saudi king's greetings to Putin and the king's emphasis on the importance of developing the bilateral relationship. He also told Putin that the king would bless any understanding reached during the visit. Bandar also said, however, that "any understanding we reach in this meeting will not only be a Saudi-Russian understanding, but will also be an American-Russian understanding. I have spoken with the Americans before the visit, and they pledged to commit to any understandings that we may reach, especially if we agree on the approach to the Syrian issue."

I wonder who stands to gain the most from the Syrian shitstorm. I also wonder who will appear to gain the most and who will actually gain the most. "The Syrian people" is not a likely answer to these questions.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Telarus on October 16, 2013, 01:55:01 AM
Quote from: LuciferX on October 15, 2013, 11:02:38 AM

Dude, communication requires context. You have the context for the above, but you haven't given it to the rest of us. This is a trend in your posts.

Just scroll on by, Telarus.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.