News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "Spoiled brats of the pagan world, I thought. I really don't have a lot of respect for Discordians. They just strike me as spiritually lazy."

Main Menu

News Stories Which Highlight the Structure of the System

Started by Telarus, February 16, 2012, 01:06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junkenstein

I had to google that and now have another reason to just hate everything.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Junkenstein on November 03, 2014, 09:28:17 PM
I had to google that and now have another reason to just hate everything.

It had a couple of funny moments, but it was mostly gratuitous gore that made me very uncomfortable.

Let me say that again:  It made ME uncomfortable.
Molon Lube

Cain

Um.  Wow.

https://www.emptywheel.net/2014/11/05/was-alex-brown-a-cia-front-when-it-was-shorting-911/

tl;dr version: Bank chairman is CIA NOC - turns out his company was shorting United and American stocks pre-9/11

LMNO

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Cain

You know I'm not one to believe the standard 9/11 truther tales.  So I'm having something of a hard time trying to fit this into a narrative I can accept.  There are other possibilities, but as evidence, if this is accurate, it does lend the strongest support to some kind of pre-event knowledge specifically involving those airlines.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Cain on November 09, 2014, 09:24:07 AM
You know I'm not one to believe the standard 9/11 truther tales.  So I'm having something of a hard time trying to fit this into a narrative I can accept.  There are other possibilities, but as evidence, if this is accurate, it does lend the strongest support to some kind of pre-event knowledge specifically involving those airlines.

What narratives do you find most plausible at this point?
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Cain

The one I tend to believe is that elements of the US intelligence community were unofficially following a "hands off" approach to Bin Laden's group due to his support to the Chechen rebels, as part of their plans to undermine Russia and create conditions for state collapse (in hope of reducing Russian influence over gas and oil routes into Europe).

Elements of the Saudi Arabian government were also supporting Bin Laden, in a general fashion, to expand their influence over Afghanistan and Pakistan, along with the ISI, who hoped to use them and the Taliban for "strategic depth" against India.  I doubt the specifics of 9/11 were known to them, except perhaps a few individuals (Hamid Gul, associates of Turki bi Faisal al-Saud who later died in specific circumstances), but they were willing to write cheques, exert influence and turn a blind eye.

And in addition to that, the usual administrative incompetence (the White House was sabre-rattling with China, not focused on the Mid East at all) and the intelligence community lack of cooperation and general rivalry/lack of intelligence sharing, allowed 9/11 to occur.

There's also the drugs angle, highlighted by Hopsicker, but I'm not sure how that fits in, either.

Telarus

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/11/10/us-usa-courts-banking-iran-idUSKCN0IU1Q120141110

U.S. veterans sue banks, claim they should pay for Iraq attacks
BY ALISON FRANKEL
QuoteReuters) - Wounded U.S. veterans and family members of U.S. soldiers killed in Iraq sued five European banks on Monday, seeking to hold them responsible for shootings and roadside bombings because they allegedly processed Iranian money that paid for the attacks.

The lawsuit filed in U.S. District Court in Brooklyn, New York, named Barclays Plc, Credit Suisse Group AG, HSBC Holdings Plc, Royal Bank of Scotland Group Plc and Standard Chartered.

Barclays, Credit Suisse, RBS and Standard Chartered declined to comment. HSBC did not respond to requests for comment.

The lawsuit was brought under the U.S. Anti-Terrorism Act, a 1992 law that permits victims to bring private suits against alleged financiers of militant operations.

The lawsuit alleges the banks conspired with Iranian banks to mask wire transactions in order to evade U.S. sanctions. The Iranian banks then funneled more than $100 million to militant groups that operated in Iraq at Iran's direction, according to the suit.

The militant groups included a Shi'ite militia in Iraq, Kataib Hezbollah, as well as Quds Force, the overseas arm of Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, the suit says.

Since 2009, the five banks have agreed to pay about $3.2 billion to the U.S. government to resolve allegations that they handled money in violation of sanctions against nations such as Iran, Libya and Cuba. All the banks signed deferred prosecution agreements with the U.S. Justice Department in addition to settlements with U.S. banking regulators.
[MORE]

Very interesting. May actually see some legal responsibility for shady shit. We'll see.
Telarus, KSC,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,

Junkenstein

While that would be nice, I doubt it will occur. I suspect we will instead see another charming instance of how the Law system deals with those in positions of substantial power. I'm not expecting to see anyone in jail any time soon, let's put it that way.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Telarus

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/nov/14/government-planes-mimic-cellphone-towers-to-collect-user-data-report

:fnord:
QuoteThe US justice department is reportedly using electronic equipment on aircraft to simulate cellphone towers so it can collect phone location and identifying information on a mass scale from users on the ground below.

The allegations, reported in the Wall Street Journal late on Thursday, suggest that the US Marshals Service has for seven years flown Cessna aircraft outfitted with "dirtbox" devices that mimic cellular towers, permitting the collection of thousands of unique IDs and location data from users.

According to the Journal the planes operate from at least five metropolitan airports, permitting a "flying range covering most of the US population".

The reportedly indiscriminate collection would permit the marshals and potentially other justice department agencies to avoid having to seek records from the phone companies themselves, especially in criminal investigations where a court order may be required.

The legal basis for the previously undisclosed program is unclear. It is not reportedly a national security or counterterrorism program, but instead used to target crime. The justice department is said to have modified the equipment so as not to interfere with 911 emergency calls.

Telarus, KSC,

Demolition Squid

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/nov/25/-sp-tesco-director-facing-questions-lobbying-government-dirty-chicken-report

(As a warning, some of the pictures in that article are pretty disgusting)

QuoteExclusive: Former FSA chief Tim Smith understood to have warned Department of Health that revealing food poisoning contamination rates could provoke a food scare and damage the industry

QuoteThe former head of the Food Standards Agency (FSA), who went straight from his job as regulator to a lucrative role as technical director of Tesco, lobbied the government this summer about its plans to publish the official food poisoning contamination rates for supermarket chicken, the Guardian has been told.

So the dude who used to be in charge of public health, warned that if people knew how contaminated their food is, that might provoke a panic and damage the bottom line. Also, he did this in violation of the agreement that made it legal for him to jump ship to one of the UK's biggest food retailers.

You rarely see their priorities laid out so clearly.
Vast and Roaring Nipplebeast from the Dawn of Soho

Junkenstein

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Demolition Squid on November 25, 2014, 05:31:24 PM
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/nov/25/-sp-tesco-director-facing-questions-lobbying-government-dirty-chicken-report

(As a warning, some of the pictures in that article are pretty disgusting)

QuoteExclusive: Former FSA chief Tim Smith understood to have warned Department of Health that revealing food poisoning contamination rates could provoke a food scare and damage the industry

QuoteThe former head of the Food Standards Agency (FSA), who went straight from his job as regulator to a lucrative role as technical director of Tesco, lobbied the government this summer about its plans to publish the official food poisoning contamination rates for supermarket chicken, the Guardian has been told.

So the dude who used to be in charge of public health, warned that if people knew how contaminated their food is, that might provoke a panic and damage the bottom line. Also, he did this in violation of the agreement that made it legal for him to jump ship to one of the UK's biggest food retailers.

You rarely see their priorities laid out so clearly.

This is a recurring theme in the USA.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Also interesting to note that he went to Tesco.

Tesco are coming in for a lot of flak lately.  Their financial misdeeds, along side this, and their government connections almost makes them sound like the Goldman Sachs of the retail and food industry.

And I'm not sure that isn't a very apt comparison.