News:

MysticWicks endorsement: ""Oooh, I'm a Discordian! I can do whatever I want! Which means I can just SAY I'm a pagan but I never bother doing rituals or studying any kind of sacred texts or developing a relationship with deity, etc! I can go around and not be Christian, but I won't quite be anything else either because I just can't commit and I can't be ARSED to commit!"

Main Menu

News Stories Which Highlight the Structure of the System

Started by Telarus, February 16, 2012, 01:06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

What is that? A bomb? A clock? Some kind of DIY vibrator?
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

LMNO

Quote from: xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed) on December 14, 2016, 02:26:50 AM
https://archive.is/qKSm2

An ABC FOX Montana investigation tonight into Richard Spencer, the part-time Whitefish resident who is inspiring white supremacists across the country.
Our reporting has uncovered an unexpected by-product of Spencer's notoriety - - a family and a community torn apart.
Spencer's latest news-storm came last week when he spoke at Texas A & M, provoking heated confrontation and once-again, mentions of Montana - - and Whitefish specifically - - as his part-time home.
So, we went back to Whitefish - - and here's what we uncovered.
Richard Spencer was raised in Texas, but has been spending time in Whitefish for years with his family.  His mother, Sherry Spencer, still lives in a beautiful home at Whitefish Mountain Resort.  She also runs a business downtown, but perhaps not for long.
"Hail trump!  Hail our people!  Hail victory!" says Richard Spencer.
In a speech last month at the National Policy Institute's annual convention, the crowd's Nazi-like response rocketed Richard Spencer into the media stratosphere. But back here on Earth, and specifically in Whitefish, the war over Spencer's white nationalist views has locals fighting battles in the newspaper and on the street - - 22 Lupfer Avenue specifically.
It's a new building in Whitefish's downtown historic district.  First owned by Richard Spencer, and now owned by his mother, Sherry.  There are vacation rentals on the top floor, businesses lease at street-level.
But Sherry says her son's political views - - and his detractors - - are forcing her to sell the property.  In an email to us, Sherry says, "As painful as this is, I am exploring a potential sale of the building."
One of those detractors is Tanya Gersh, a prominent member of the community, who told me in an email: "She (Sherry) is profiting off of the people of the local community, all the while having facilitated Richard's work spreading hate by letting him live and use her home address for his organization."
Virginia's state corporation commission still lists Sherry's home as the principle office location for Richard's white nationalist organization, The National Policy Institute.   And a dive into Sherry's Facebook page supports the fact that Richard has spent a substantial amount of time with his mother in Whitefish, snow skiing, water skiing, hiking, holidays.
Sherry's Facebook page also has photos of her son when he spoke at the Mencken Club's annual gathering in 2010, A group the Southern Poverty Law Center refers to as "A band of white nationalists and pseudo academic racists."  Pictures also show Sherry and her husband attending.
In Sherry's email to me, she says, "As parents, we deeply love our son, as we always will.  We unequivocally do not agree with the extreme positions espoused by Richard."
She goes on to say, "We are stunned by the actions of Love Lives Here, an organization claiming to advocate tolerance and equal treatment of all citizens, yet coursing financial harm to many innocent parties."
Ina Albert, Love Lives Here co-founder, says, "I don't know what she's talking about.  We don't cause financial harm to anybody."
Human rights group Love Lives Here has been vocally opposed to Richard Spencer's views, but its co-founder says she has no problem with Richard spending time, or his mother doing business in Whitefish.
"I don't know what he does when he comes here," says Albert.  "But that is not our problem with Richard Spencer.  It is the national policy institute and what that stands for and our town being smeared by his philosophy."
Tanya says she does have a problem with it, though.  She says, Sherry "Could address this by selling the building, making a donation to human rights efforts, and making a statement in opposition to white supremacist ideas spread by Richard."
One thing on which both Tanya and Sherry agree: The tenants at 22 Lupfer are stuck in the middle.  The owner of Whitefish Aesthetics tells me her association with the building is destroying her business and she's moving out if Sherry doesn't sell it.
Sherry wrote to Tanya that, "Her son's actions have been a source of anguish within her family."
It's also been a source of contention in Whitefish.  A letter to the editor of the Daily Interlake: "The mob rule reaction to Richard Spencer's mere existence in Whitefish reminds me of the old Frankenstein movies where the townspeople gathered with pitchforks and torches."
And: "This 'group' which is supposed to love all, only loves those who agree with them."
A town divided, a mother torn, and a man whose mission is continuing to stir controversy on a national, and very local level.

So Richard Spencers mother is being bullied into selling her property and leaving town. Because hes mean.

I should know better than to respond, but there is quite literally nothing in that article that states what Love Lives Here's actions in regards to the building even are. 

xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed)

Quote from: LMNO on December 14, 2016, 01:16:20 PM
Quote from: xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed) on December 14, 2016, 02:26:50 AM
https://archive.is/qKSm2

An ABC FOX Montana investigation tonight into Richard Spencer, the part-time Whitefish resident who is inspiring white supremacists across the country.
Our reporting has uncovered an unexpected by-product of Spencer's notoriety - - a family and a community torn apart.
Spencer's latest news-storm came last week when he spoke at Texas A & M, provoking heated confrontation and once-again, mentions of Montana - - and Whitefish specifically - - as his part-time home.
So, we went back to Whitefish - - and here's what we uncovered.
Richard Spencer was raised in Texas, but has been spending time in Whitefish for years with his family.  His mother, Sherry Spencer, still lives in a beautiful home at Whitefish Mountain Resort.  She also runs a business downtown, but perhaps not for long.
"Hail trump!  Hail our people!  Hail victory!" says Richard Spencer.
In a speech last month at the National Policy Institute's annual convention, the crowd's Nazi-like response rocketed Richard Spencer into the media stratosphere. But back here on Earth, and specifically in Whitefish, the war over Spencer's white nationalist views has locals fighting battles in the newspaper and on the street - - 22 Lupfer Avenue specifically.
It's a new building in Whitefish's downtown historic district.  First owned by Richard Spencer, and now owned by his mother, Sherry.  There are vacation rentals on the top floor, businesses lease at street-level.
But Sherry says her son's political views - - and his detractors - - are forcing her to sell the property.  In an email to us, Sherry says, "As painful as this is, I am exploring a potential sale of the building."
One of those detractors is Tanya Gersh, a prominent member of the community, who told me in an email: "She (Sherry) is profiting off of the people of the local community, all the while having facilitated Richard's work spreading hate by letting him live and use her home address for his organization."
Virginia's state corporation commission still lists Sherry's home as the principle office location for Richard's white nationalist organization, The National Policy Institute.   And a dive into Sherry's Facebook page supports the fact that Richard has spent a substantial amount of time with his mother in Whitefish, snow skiing, water skiing, hiking, holidays.
Sherry's Facebook page also has photos of her son when he spoke at the Mencken Club's annual gathering in 2010, A group the Southern Poverty Law Center refers to as "A band of white nationalists and pseudo academic racists."  Pictures also show Sherry and her husband attending.
In Sherry's email to me, she says, "As parents, we deeply love our son, as we always will.  We unequivocally do not agree with the extreme positions espoused by Richard."
She goes on to say, "We are stunned by the actions of Love Lives Here, an organization claiming to advocate tolerance and equal treatment of all citizens, yet coursing financial harm to many innocent parties."
Ina Albert, Love Lives Here co-founder, says, "I don't know what she's talking about.  We don't cause financial harm to anybody."
Human rights group Love Lives Here has been vocally opposed to Richard Spencer's views, but its co-founder says she has no problem with Richard spending time, or his mother doing business in Whitefish.
"I don't know what he does when he comes here," says Albert.  "But that is not our problem with Richard Spencer.  It is the national policy institute and what that stands for and our town being smeared by his philosophy."
Tanya says she does have a problem with it, though.  She says, Sherry "Could address this by selling the building, making a donation to human rights efforts, and making a statement in opposition to white supremacist ideas spread by Richard."
One thing on which both Tanya and Sherry agree: The tenants at 22 Lupfer are stuck in the middle.  The owner of Whitefish Aesthetics tells me her association with the building is destroying her business and she's moving out if Sherry doesn't sell it.
Sherry wrote to Tanya that, "Her son's actions have been a source of anguish within her family."
It's also been a source of contention in Whitefish.  A letter to the editor of the Daily Interlake: "The mob rule reaction to Richard Spencer's mere existence in Whitefish reminds me of the old Frankenstein movies where the townspeople gathered with pitchforks and torches."
And: "This 'group' which is supposed to love all, only loves those who agree with them."
A town divided, a mother torn, and a man whose mission is continuing to stir controversy on a national, and very local level.

So Richard Spencers mother is being bullied into selling her property and leaving town. Because hes mean.

I should know better than to respond, but there is quite literally nothing in that article that states what Love Lives Here's actions in regards to the building even are.

This isnt the best source on this, but if you read the bold and then this article you see how sneaky the denial is.

http://www.dailyinterlake.com/opinion/is-it-love-or-hate-that-lives-here/article_109d0cfe-782a-11e4-83b5-ff31a2d4698f.html

100 people, led by a group known as "Love Lives Here," packed into Whitefish's small town city council chambers demanding our local government pass an ordinance prohibiting Richard Spencer and the National Policy Institute he represents from doing business or having offices in Whitefish.

The article is here, was up the other day but appears to have be TechCrunch effect'd:
http://www.whitefishpilot.com/news/whitefish-rallies-for-no-hate-ordinance/article_e5affe4a-6e8b-11e4-b514-0b06fc748f5e.html?mode=image&photo=

So what happens is, Spencer used to live there and use the place as the office for his group because, as Ive stated before, Spencers group is like 15 people. He then moves away but lets his mother move into his former home. Even though he doesnt use it as a headquarters, and again, his MOTHER lives there, Love Lives Here tries to pass a local law which would force his Mother to get rid of her house.

Meanwhile his poor Mother is forced to publicly denounce her sons ideas, is put under a microscope because her son VISITS her, and even has a member of the pro-kicking her out law camp declare that for the sin of raising someone who seig hailed some journalists she should sell her house and give it to human rights organizations, like Love Lives Here.

Again, this is because Richard Spencer is mean.

LMNO

Ok, getting closer.  A proposed ordinance.

Still nothing about what the text of the ordinance is, nor how likely it is to pass.

Quote from: LMNO on December 14, 2016, 05:35:08 PM

Still nothing about what the text of the ordinance is, nor how likely it is to pass.

Lol ok dude. When they print the full text of the bill to ban a poitical opponents mother from her own home maybe then we can judge. And of course, the important thing isnt the attempt to target a political opponents mother, its how likely it is to succeed.

LMNO

LMNO

Quote from: LMNO on December 14, 2016, 06:04:40 PM
I have.  Comprehension is not your friend, is it?

No it isnt. Please quote or link to it as I am a very stupid man.

Ok here is a play by play:

Quote from: LMNO on December 14, 2016, 01:16:20 PM

To which I responded with two links outlining Love Lives Here's support of an ordinance that would ban Richard Spencer from owning an office in Whitefish. Richard Spencers mother lives in his former home which is still listed as one of Richards offices from when he lived there. Now even if this doesnt pass, what it has done is brought a lot of negative publicity and hate down on Richard Spencers mother, who hasnt done anything besides giving birth to Richard Spencer and him occasionally visiting.

Quote from: LMNO on December 14, 2016, 05:35:08 PM

And apparently a local news article detailing the ordinance is not enough proof. Until they publish the full text of the proposal. Which is totally something that happens all the time and a standard of proof that you would ask for in all other situations.

These are you only posts on this topic by the way. I am desperately searching for any more but I just cant find them. As previously stated I am stupid.

LMNO

1. No confirmation that's what the ordinance is.

2. Local news article did not detail the proposed ordinance.

Either get your shit together, or get back to fucking chickens.

Junkenstein

Quote from: LMNO on December 14, 2016, 07:48:49 PM

Half a used chicken on the latter occurring.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Quote from: LMNO on December 14, 2016, 07:48:49 PM

100 people, led by a group known as "Love Lives Here," packed into Whitefish's small town city council chambers demanding our local government pass an ordinance prohibiting Richard Spencer and the National Policy Institute he represents from doing business or having offices in Whitefish.

What short of publishing the entire proposal would satisfy you? What more details do you need? What details could possibly make this not as bad as it looks?

The Good Reverend Roger

Imagine that:  what he wants to do to 30% of the population is happening to his kin.  Because of him.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 15, 2016, 12:16:07 AM
Because of him.

Look what you made me do.

Also thank you for clearing up your stance on attacking the families of people who have wrong opinions. But of course youre totally for free speech because something something first amendment only applies to government.