News:

It is our goal to harrass and harangue you ever further toward our own incoherent brand of horse-laugh radicalism.

Main Menu

Common Walls Debate

Started by Cramulus, February 21, 2012, 03:49:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

I havent started with it- so i might have a bit to contribute. And anyway i dont think charley meant anything with his post other than just that. Maybe he ran out of stuff. But anyway im going to stop trying to be a peacemaker here and let cram and charley speak for themselves.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cramulus on February 21, 2012, 06:16:20 PM
Quote from: Cramulus on February 21, 2012, 05:06:51 PM
As soon as there've been no new submissions for a week, I'd say that's a good indicator that we're out of steam on it.

Hmmm.... not seeing the part where I declared the project over and seized it for myself.

but I understand it's more fun to jump up my ass and act like I'm trying to steal Nigel's project, so I forgive you for poor reading comprehension

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 21, 2012, 06:12:58 PM
Thank you so very much, Cram.  But isn't that a small price to pay for your fucking relentless self-promotion machine?

riiiiiight, suggesting that we think about layout = self promotion

collaborating on this just ceased to be fun
yeah, I'm done here

enjoy

On it's own, your suggestion was just a faux pas.

But given your history, it seemed appropriate to step up and say something about boundaries.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cramulus on February 21, 2012, 06:16:20 PM
it's more fun to jump up my ass and act like I'm trying to steal Nigel's project, so I forgive you for poor reading comprehension

How very fucking kind of you.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Why is our project suddenly "Nigel's project" when it's flounce time?  :?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Quote from: Cramulus on February 21, 2012, 05:06:51 PM
Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on February 21, 2012, 04:00:48 PM
That's still kinda not finished, isn't it?

Perhaps --- but I don't think anybody's gonna declare it "done". As soon as there've been no new submissions for a week, I'd say that's a good indicator that we're out of steam on it. Also, having a "first draft" pamphlet is often what we need to see what the project is missing.

Not to speak for Nigel, only for myself:  If you can leave it open ended, with the ability to add as much stuff as we want at any moment, why the hell not?  I'm not done with it, and I'm not going to stop until I think I've said my piece.  But if you want to keep adding onto whatever drafts you want to create, go for it.

I mean, after I had started the Spider Project, something like a dozen more pieces showed up; but I didn't declare them invalid.  The project simply grew.

Q. G. Pennyworth

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on February 22, 2012, 01:59:14 AM
OH GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE???

What?  It's just PD.  We have to do this every 6 months or so.  It's kind of a rule.

2004/2005, now THAT was a brawl.  Lasted TWO FUCKING YEARS.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 21, 2012, 06:11:06 PM
I'd never fucking dream of swooping in and publishing someone's intermittens before they were ready to publish it, and that's precisely what was "suggested".

Designing layout drafts ≠ publishing. Where precisely did Cram suggest that?

You're out of your gourd.

Quote from: Nigel on February 21, 2012, 06:28:50 PM

Because you accused Cram of trying to take it over.

I think he was just trying to get the creative juice from the writing to intermingle with that of the design.

But I guess it's time for needless drama by assuming the absolute worst in people.

See you guys in a few months, or whenever you get tired of ginning up strife in your own community instead of your enemy's.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Net on February 22, 2012, 03:52:28 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 21, 2012, 06:11:06 PM
I'd never fucking dream of swooping in and publishing someone's intermittens before they were ready to publish it, and that's precisely what was "suggested".

Designing layout drafts ≠ publishing. Where precisely did Cram suggest that?

You're out of your gourd.

Quote from: Nigel on February 21, 2012, 06:28:50 PM

Because you accused Cram of trying to take it over.

I think he was just trying to get the creative juice from the writing to intermingle with that of the design.

But I guess it's time for needless drama by assuming the absolute worst in people.

See you guys in a few months, or whenever you get tired of ginning up strife in your own community instead of your enemy's.

I am not sure if you are really the most appropriate person to inform another user they are "out of their gourd". ;)

Cram has a fucking history with regards to appropriating other people's creativity. So when he starts to get proprietary about other people's projects/work, I decided I'm not going to remain politely quiet anymore just because he's Mr Popular. No matter how charming I may find him, personally.

As for stirring up strife in my enemy's territory, you have no fucking idea.  :lulz:

Quote from: Nigel on February 22, 2012, 05:22:44 AM
Cram has a fucking history with regards to appropriating other people's creativity.

:cn:

Are you sure you're not thinking of Yatto's Intermittens disaster?

What exactly did Cram do to earn this reputation as a thief?

Quote from: Nigel on February 22, 2012, 05:22:44 AM
So when he starts to get proprietary about other people's projects/work, I decided I'm not going to remain politely quiet anymore just because he's Mr Popular. No matter how charming I may find him, personally.

Proprietary? Cram?

:lol:

You think he was making moves ITT to sell work that isn't his? Posting about stealing other people's work on the same forum as the would be theft victims.... so you're also calling him a dumbass. I'd consider posting about the use of other people's work where it's damn near impossible for them to miss it as an implicit request for permission.

Not asking explicit permission before starting drafts is one thing, but accusations of "taking it over", "proprietary", and "saying that it was out of steam" are unfounded. You're twisting his words into paranoid, incredibly insulting interpretations.

When Cram talked about projects running out of steam, it seemed pretty clear to me that he was referring to how it typically goes around here. After a week of no posts, things do tend to lose momentum. Seeing how the thread in question had posts within a day—how could he have possibly been suggesting that the project had indeed run out of steam? So not only is he a known thief and a dumbass, but retards have a better sense of time than him.

Got it.

I think you and Roger both overreacted and are now trying to rationalize it for your egos, rather than eat your words to reflect the truth.

Freeky

I'm gonna back Nigel and Roger on this one.  Even if it was accidental, he was pretty much speaking as if he were the go-to guy for the project. 

So either there's something to that, or ZOMG MIND LAZORS.

Quote from: The Freeky of SCIENCE! on February 22, 2012, 10:34:29 AM
I'm gonna back Nigel and Roger on this one.  Even if it was accidental, he was pretty much speaking as if he were the go-to guy for the project. 

You're taking it out of context. Cram's doing that out in the open, which is a critical difference. In collaborative efforts you don't privately submit your writing to everyone first for their approval—you just post it. In the same way, Cram just grabbed the editor role and Roger and Nigel acted like it was an irreversible crime that requires character assassination.

Telarus

[As a previous intermittens layout-guy] I find nothing wrong with suggesting that layout get started early in the proccess.

That is the only comment I will make on this issue.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Net on February 22, 2012, 03:52:28 AM
ginning up strife in your own community instead of your enemy's.

I am told that is the highest form of Discordianism.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Net on February 22, 2012, 10:55:06 AM
Quote from: The Freeky of SCIENCE! on February 22, 2012, 10:34:29 AM

You're taking it out of context. Cram's doing that out in the open, which is a critical difference. In collaborative efforts you don't privately submit your writing to everyone first for their approval—you just post it. In the same way, Cram just grabbed the editor role and Roger and Nigel acted like it was an irreversible crime that requires character assassination.

That's because we're EVIL, Net.  We're bad and wrong, and we do this shit for cheap kicks.

We're the VILLAINS.

muhahaha