News:

Testimonial: "None of you seem aware of quite how bad you are. I mean I'm pretty outspoken on how bad the internet has gotten, but this is up there with the worst."

Main Menu

Efrim's Last Stand in The Land of the Mirror

Started by Efrim, October 27, 2004, 10:33:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Efrim

*****Taken from Trollax's Forum Fingerprints on the Mirror.

Brother's and Sister's, I am in dire need of assitance. I am reduced to playing an applause track during my speeches. Heed my call for reinforcements, I implore you!

http://www.dia.stgulik.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=476&start=30 *****

*Efrim saunters out onto the balconey of his ramshakle tower with a tape deck in one hand and a bottle of Absinthe in the other.*

THE ROGUE DISCORDIANS LIVE!!!

*hits play on tape deck*

HUZZAH HUZZAH RAH RAH RAH!

*hits stop*

Now, calm yourselfs, we have serious business to attend to. Like that White Russian I ordered, WHERE THE FUCK IS IT? I'm lacking on supplies here people, I sorely need %2 milk and a bathrobe. Food Rations are running low, but I am happy to report an abundence of moltovs.

*hits rewind, hits play*

*hits stop*

I have constructed a ramshakle tower here in the land of Thud and am seeking political asylum in the larger land known as Golden Apple Hall.

The mirror is run by a fascist, but we can make our last stand here, in a land that permeates lovely chaos. If Triskall will not have us then we must retire and admit that the day is lost...BUT IF WE MUST LEAVE WE WILL MARCH HOME TO PRINCIPIA ON A ROAD OF BONES!!!

NO TWO BRICKS WILL BE LEFT TOGETHER!

*hits rewind, hits play*

*hits stop*

Though we sit in cold exile, we must not despair. We may be the last forces left within the Mirror. The Rev. has done his damage and was severly punished for it. But lo, brothers and sisters, his sacrifice was not in vain. Bella has resigned in disgust and there are signs of rebellion from within the empire.

Quote from: EraPassing
K, right. That's it. I didn't see this before, but...

You, Troll, are the reason I'm leaving this board. It's not the fact that you exercised your right to ban someone, it's the sheer gall you have to exercise that right purely in response to a personal matter, the fact that you have yet to truly own up to your own responsibility for continuing the stupidity of the fracas, the fact that you only apologized for being a twat (which you were) AFTER you got your own way (which is just lip service to the fact of your twatness), and for the fact that you won't, er, fight like a man.
This post? This is you thumbing your nose at an enemy who has been silenced because you're a twat.
This is the most ridiculous, stupidest, juvenile, thoughtless post I've ever seen. You're not a freethinker, and you never have been. You're just a spoiled little boy.

*hits rewind, hits play*

*hits stop*

I have made my final stand. All other mirror discordians have met with terrible fates or have been MIA. I will not abandon the cause, even upon my dying breath. If there be rogues and discordians and other subversives left in these lands, know that the tower of Efrim in the land of Thud bids you a warm welcome. We will build up a kingdom of sheer subversion. A Kingdom befitting ERIS!

*hits rewind, hits play*

*hits stop*

If others come to fight beside me, bring bazooka joe, for lo, I am nearly out of bubble gum.

NOTHING WILL STOP OUR ILLUSIONARY ARMY!!

*hits rewind, hits play*

*hits stop*

Return to your affairs.

*Efrim downs the absinthe then flips the tape over, playing side B. Applause fills the land of Thud as Efirm walks back inside the tower*
"There comes a time when every man feels the urge to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and start slitting throats." -- H.L. Mencken

L,
Efrim

EraPassing

*crosses arms over chest and scowls*

I'm not going back.  I can't figure out how to delete my name from the board, and I'll miss Obsy, but I'm not going back.  You're the last man standing, Efrim.
Elves suck.
Yeah, I said it, I went there.  Whatcha gonna do?

Efrim

Quote from: EraPassing*crosses arms over chest and scowls*

I'm not going back.  I can't figure out how to delete my name from the board, and I'll miss Obsy, but I'm not going back.  You're the last man standing, Efrim.

Well, me and the tape deck anyways.
"There comes a time when every man feels the urge to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and start slitting throats." -- H.L. Mencken

L,
Efrim

~~~~Closed~~~~

Quote from: Efrim

Well, me and the tape deck anyways.

hell...you couldn't get me to join that forum if you tried.

PenOfDL

It can't be deleted unless you make a request to an admin, dear... I'll see if I can get it done for you. You'll be missed, Era.

Bella

I'm not going back, either.  :evil:
Although, I did just follow the link you posted, Efrim.
Man......is the music from your tape deck ever LOUD!

And I noticed that the thread where Era said her goodbye has also been locked now.
just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

PenOfDL

Aye, Daven did that...

*shakes her head* I'm really tempted not to go back either. I'm disappointed...in everyone. I expected more from everyone there. I guess my respect has been shattered.

trollaxsexitpostherereallyknockedmyrespectdownapegortwothereaswell. wouldhavethoughthewouldhavedoneitinamoredignifedway

Slarti

what's the point of putting it in such small font?

trollaxs exit post there really knocked my respect down a peg or two there as well. would have thought he would have done it in a more dignifed way

PenOfDL

Quote from: Slartibartfastwhat's the point of putting it in such small font?

trollaxs exit post there really knocked my respect down a peg or two there as well. would have thought he would have done it in a more dignifed way

Because I felt bad admitting it...

Penumbral

Iv been there but the place bored me ad I have no cause. sorry Ill loan you a cool tape if you like.

Anonymous

Referencing the thread "Anyone still enjoy coming here?",  This is why I like this forum.  The Mgt stays out of the way, we all have our fun, and weed out undesirables through fluff, jakery, and insults.  No power trips.  

'Specially 'cuz Turd 'n' Horab would stabbinate them.

SMFabal

Ladies and Gentlemen of Discordia,

I regret I have been so long absent from my duties at Fingerprints on the Mirror (hereafter "the Mirror"). I further regret that I will not be able to make any decisions regarding the final disposition of the Mirror for several months. I wiil be attempting to contact those running the Mirror, but for now I am abiding by their decisions. I myself suffered from the illusion of power when I was made a Mod here; I hope that upon reflection, those who are running the mirror will either relax their attitudes or make their rules clear in a clear and polite manner. Otherwise, I will be forced to activate the "my house, my rules" clause in the unwritten contract I made for the hosting of the Forums.

If I find that many of those I know and repect are no longer comfortable in the Mirror's environment, I will be forced to take full control of the Mirror, and may be forced to close it.

Rest assured that if I am forced to close the Mirror, I will forst archive all current data, so that some other poor soul can reopen it elsewhere, where I don't have to deal with it.

And hey everybody, sometimes you just need a little vacation! Just say so, and take a break 8)
SMFabal, High Pope of CoCK, PSP, CW, KSC, FP, GH, MORBJ

Q: How serious are you about this whole "Discordian" thing?
A: A blue fish Tuesday!
Q: No really, it this, like, deeply philosphical, or just a huge joke?
A: Yes.

fluffy

i knew the ugly head of authority would raise itself sooner or later

the bunny is hungry

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: fluffy
i knew the ugly head of authority would raise itself sooner or later

the bunny is hungry

PLEASE, HAMMER!  DON'T HURT 'EM!

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.