News:

Testimonial: "This board is everything that's fucking wrong with the internet"

Main Menu

An observation. (2)

Started by Sister Fracture, February 23, 2012, 09:48:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sister Fracture

If one doesn't drive north of Lambert, east of Pantano, west of I-10, or south of Barrazo-Aviation highway/Broadway or Speedway, one doesn't really understand how close to the essence of Tucson the inhabited portions of The City are.  The Fearful are too busy ignoring their lot, being messy, being normal, being human.  The City's truth gets covered by what might laughingly be called 'civilization.' 

These things, ideas, of being normal, being civilized, they are imaginary in the face of Tucson.  Even inside the perimeter outlined here, Tucson shows through the cracks in humanity. 

During off traffic hours, one might think that the city has been abandoned. Empty roads, cracked and decaying, emanate sullenness and quiet horror, especially when the marks of the sausage creature are present.  Some great travesty might have taken place, robbing thousands of their lives.  Truly, such is the state of being in The Hive sections, very nearly literally.

The very houses themselves look as though they have lost all hope.  Shabby and slumping, they sit dark and gloomy.  The feeling is often magnified when the people who own the things inside the houses come and go, or play in the street with the other children of adults who own the things in the other houses.  The weeds choking these yards give a quaint touch of despondency.  I cannot call them homes.  The Fearful have no homes, because their life in Tucson is only ever temporary.  "Houses," they call their domiciles.  Never "home."  Never home.

Roaring Berserkery Bunny of the North End™

A Tucsonite is like a Christian in several important ways.  For one thing, they believe what they say about their god in the most literal, straightfaced way possible.  For another, they both know their god can hear them.  The difference between the two, however, is quite vast in terms of their relationship with their god; Christians believe in His benevolence, but Tucsonites KNOW of The City's spite and hate.

Murmur

Tolerable Terror for Toddlers Legionaire, Nixon Division™

"Onlookers will be horrified and amazed by the sheer volume of fluid."--TGRR

"SaraLee, I say unto you!  If ye have a cake and halve it, and then halve it yet again, you would have four quarters and yet still not have a dollar.  Eat of that cake, for it is cake which is NOT cake, which ye may have half a mind to have at a reasonable price, yet in indecision achieve satori with said stale Moon Pie.  That's what you get when YOU FUCK WITH US." - DOUR

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

This is beautiful in its barrenness. And very true, from what I've seen.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Freeky

That's the weirdest thing, Nigel.  I have to drive through that area once every other week or so, and it really is equal parts beautiful and depressing as hell.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Freeky of SCIENCE! on February 25, 2012, 03:28:07 AM
That's the weirdest thing, Nigel.  I have to drive through that area once every other week or so, and it really is equal parts beautiful and depressing as hell.

They all look so much the same. I could never tell where we were; how close or how far from wherever we started or where we were going. And in the medians, prickly pears.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Nigel on February 25, 2012, 04:06:14 AM

They all look so much the same. I could never tell where we were; how close or how far from wherever we started or where we were going. And in the medians, prickly pears.

Our state flower is an ashtray.
Molon Lube

Freeky

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 25, 2012, 04:10:40 AM

Our state flower is an ashtray.

:lol:

Freeky

There's a lot of subtle differences in different parts of town.  Mostly the differences are which mountains look how, and can you see the freeway?  And you need a good sense of direction, too.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

I've seen places like this. And felt a subtle pull. You're no better than this. You can try but it doesn't mean anything. You'll never escape, might as well move in. Tucson is an insidious creature.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Freeky

It is, and it gets everywhere because it IS everywhere.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

And spreading farther, deeper every day.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

For most of us, it's do we go outside? For Tucson, it's do I go outside and survive today.