News:

Yeah, fuckface! Get ready to be beaten down. Grrr! Internet ain't so safe now is it motherfucker! Shit just got real! Bam!

Main Menu

Bourbon

Started by El Sjaako, February 24, 2012, 09:34:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

So its all basically "methode bourbonoise" as it were?
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Richter

Bad liquor is almost an aesthetic.
It came to me in a house that literally was built up broken dreams.  It WAS a great 1920's joint, all plaster, steam radiators and crown molding.  Kept up right too, for awhile.  Then it started to decay into HP Lovecraft.  The stains crept down the walls, everything turned yellow, and the "responsible adults" saw horrible shit in the basement.  They retreated to the upper floors to bang heroin into their elbows as much as possible, writing letter to their children between jaunts to the land of nod.  They walked through like ghosts, no expression or engagement.  I wasn't even sure I had seen PEOPLE.  The matron was a genius brain-broke into the end result of a CoC campaign by drugs, life, and health issues.  She cooked one hell of a meal, and looked at me with a an un describable sort of awe when I introduced myself politely.

My two year old offer to line drive the addicts, get mom into a better home, and help fix up the joint still stands.  The two sons of the family have ownership, and ought to exert it a bit. 

Later in the evening, the jam session was going, and we were all BS'ing.  Musicians, pervert, and freaks all around.  Damnit, but I was among the people.  Tossing back shots of shit bourbon and vodka sucked, to be sure.  Somehow it FIT though.  This was not a place for fine "sipping whisky", this was a den of horrible things.  It was good then, but it might turn into bloody horrible at the drop of a hat.  Nothing else would have MATCHED.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

El Sjaako

Quote from: kingyak on February 24, 2012, 10:44:56 PM
I have to be the asshole from Kentucky here and point out that Jack Daniels is Whiskey, not Bourbon.
I think Dok mentioned that upthread also :P
Quote from: kingyak on February 24, 2012, 10:44:56 PM
I'm guessing you mean Woodford Reserve, which is usually my default choice (or Maker's if Woodford isn't available), since there's a nice balance between price and quality. There's better bourbon, but it's not usually enough better to justify the price IMO.
Yeah, I always forget the name. It's good stuff.

Triple Zero

Quote from: el sjaako on February 24, 2012, 11:00:56 PM
Quote from: Triple Zero on February 24, 2012, 10:30:21 PM
good vodka btw? stoli? gras/zubrovka? I like vodka yumyumyum

Not sure if you were asking me, but I'm drinking absolut. I don't really like the taste, but it has the advantage of being in my freezer, and having been free.

Yep I was. And those are two important advantages.

I have NOTHING!
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cain

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 24, 2012, 10:46:07 PM
Quote from: Twid, not Billy. on February 24, 2012, 10:41:07 PM
Also i think weve just put aside any lingering doubts our foreign friends had that americans are in fact barbarians.

No.

They have to SEE.

I'd be surprised if I could ever see again after drinking that shit.

BadBeast

Here, a Bourbon is a crappy little biscuit, made from mud, and old horses hooves.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Richter

Quote from: Cain on February 24, 2012, 11:35:47 PM
Also i think weve just put aside any lingering doubts our foreign friends had that americans are in fact barbarians.

No.

They have to SEE.

No such luck, you can't have a proper side effect without the FDA screaming at you about it.
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

El Sjaako

Quote from: BadBeast on February 24, 2012, 11:39:07 PM
Here, a Bourbon is a crappy little biscuit, made from mud, and old horses hooves.
http://i.imgur.com/uheOP.jpg

I just tried www.peakfreanbourbonhenge.co.uk, just in case it exists (it doesn't).

BadBeast

Peek Frean are a legit biscuit maker. Or they were.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Cain

Quote from: Richter on February 24, 2012, 11:41:16 PM

No.

They have to SEE.

No such luck, you can't have a proper side effect without the FDA screaming at you about it.

"Where we're drinking, you wont want eyes"
\

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 24, 2012, 09:44:46 PM
Jack Daniels isn't bourbon.

Evan Williams is the bourbon of choice in Tucson.  It tastes like every horrible thing that ever happened on our streets and highways.  It goes down like broken dreams, and when you wake up, you aren't sure why you didn't chase it with Drano.

Old Crow girl here.

Does it taste like burning?

Then you're doing it right!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: el sjaako on February 24, 2012, 09:51:23 PM
That stuff is available in the Netherlands! I will buy/order it on monday, and try it ASAP. Also:

Quote from: wikipediaEvan Williams began distilling in 1783 near Louisville, Kentucky after emigrating from Wales
:lulz:

:spittake:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on February 24, 2012, 10:12:30 PM
Even Peruvians had the decency to put that swill they call pisco in a glass container.

Possibly because it would melt plastic, but still...

You haven't LIVED until you've laid down your $19.95 to swig Old Crow straight out of the half-gallon plastic jug.

By a certain value of "LIVED".

Richter

Quote from: Cain on February 25, 2012, 12:10:56 AM
Quote from: Richter on February 24, 2012, 11:41:16 PM

No.

They have to SEE.

"Where we're drinking, you wont want eyes"
\

:mittens:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: el sjaako on February 24, 2012, 11:49:04 PM
Quote from: BadBeast on February 24, 2012, 11:39:07 PM
http://i.imgur.com/uheOP.jpg

I just tried www.peakfreanbourbonhenge.co.uk, just in case it exists (it doesn't).

That's a bummer; it used to.