News:

In my heart I knew that rotten testicles and inflamed penises were on the way.

Main Menu

Bourbon

Started by El Sjaako, February 24, 2012, 09:34:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Sjaako

Starting a new thread for this, in order to not derail things to much.
Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 24, 2012, 09:25:08 PM
Besides, that's 4 days killed, days that we could be showing you the glory of Tucson.  And bourbon.  Not the kind of bourbon You People would drink, over there where you can get beer that tastes like beer and booze that doesn't chew the enamel off of your teeth.  No.  Our bourbon.  Stuff that would make Humphrey Bogart cry, and make George Thorogood give up on the sauce.  And we shall drink in the company of branding freaks and tape worm perverts, and we shall call it Right & Good.

What is good bourbon? I have quite a lot of experience with scotch, and I've had a couple of bourbons: Jack Daniels and some slightly more classy stuff called woodland reserve. The Jack was good for fast drinking, and the Woodland Reserve was also very nice.

Or maybe I got the question wrong. How much bourbon is good bourbon? Where is good bourbon? What kind of companions make good bourbon?

Doktor Howl

Jack Daniels isn't bourbon.

Evan Williams is the bourbon of choice in Tucson.  It tastes like every horrible thing that ever happened on our streets and highways.  It goes down like broken dreams, and when you wake up, you aren't sure why you didn't chase it with Drano.
Molon Lube

Nephew Twiddleton

Though its not burbon when i feel like punishing myself and others for less than six dollars- old thompson whiskey. Doks description of evan williams is kinda along the lines of how id assess old thompson which i affectionately refer to as cheap kentucky rot gut.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

El Sjaako

That stuff is available in the Netherlands! I will buy/order it on monday, and try it ASAP. Also:

Quote from: wikipediaEvan Williams began distilling in 1783 near Louisville, Kentucky after emigrating from Wales
:lulz:

Nephew Twiddleton

Makes perfect sense. You never hear of anyone drinking a fine welsh 18 year old whiskey.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: el sjaako on February 24, 2012, 09:51:23 PM
That stuff is available in the Netherlands! I will buy/order it on monday, and try it ASAP. Also:

Quote from: wikipediaEvan Williams began distilling in 1783 near Louisville, Kentucky after emigrating from Wales
:lulz:

This is wholly appropriate.
Molon Lube

El Sjaako

Quote from: Twid, not Billy. on February 24, 2012, 09:51:05 PM
Though its not burbon when i feel like punishing myself and others for less than six dollars- old thompson whiskey. Doks description of evan williams is kinda along the lines of how id assess old thompson which i affectionately refer to as cheap kentucky rot gut.
I'm afraid I won't be able to get this stuff easily. I'll ask my family to get some if they travel to the states sometime.

Nephew Twiddleton

Heh if you really want to. Its one of those liquors that comes in  a plastic container if its less than 750ml

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Twid, not Billy. on February 24, 2012, 09:58:13 PM
Heh if you really want to. Its one of those liquors that comes in  a plastic container if its less than 750ml

But why would you ever buy less than 750ml?  I mean, if you're going to smash your brains with rotgut, you have to go to the fucking WALL with it.
Molon Lube

Nephew Twiddleton

Point. Hells supposed to feel like an eternity after all.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Twid, not Billy. on February 24, 2012, 10:01:49 PM
Point. Hells supposed to feel like an eternity after all.

Oh, yeah, if you want to spend all night vomiting on Calvinists, and the whole next day wanting to die, there's no sense going halfway.
Molon Lube

Cain

I just shuddered on reading that.

I've never bought hard liquor that has been in a plastic container.  I've drunk some horrific shit, vodka for less than a fiver, scotch with all the flavour and class of a bottle of piss...but plastic?  Shit.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on February 24, 2012, 10:06:25 PM

I've never bought hard liquor that has been in a plastic container.  I've drunk some horrific shit, vodka for less than a fiver, scotch with all the flavour and class of a bottle of piss...but plastic?  Shit.

You're an educated man, Cain, but it's impossible to TRULY grasp Americaâ„¢ without coming over & seeing for yourself.
Molon Lube

El Sjaako

Quote from: Cain on February 24, 2012, 10:06:25 PM

My local booze shop sells single serving whiskey. These come in test tubes. I'm fine with that. But plastic?

I was already kind of shocked when I found out that there was beer sold in plastic.

Cain

Even Peruvians had the decency to put that swill they call pisco in a glass container.

Possibly because it would melt plastic, but still...