News:

MysticWicks endorsement: ""Oooh, I'm a Discordian! I can do whatever I want! Which means I can just SAY I'm a pagan but I never bother doing rituals or studying any kind of sacred texts or developing a relationship with deity, etc! I can go around and not be Christian, but I won't quite be anything else either because I just can't commit and I can't be ARSED to commit!"

Main Menu

The Morning After Call

Started by Q. G. Pennyworth, March 06, 2012, 06:22:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q. G. Pennyworth

"Are you guys okay?"

Yes, I'm okay. We kept our noses clean. We did what we could inside the law. We made the friends we needed to and went home at the right times, whether we wanted to or not. We obeyed the curfew. We didn't cross that line from "associating" to "aiding and abetting." We're still here. We spoke up but we never picked up those bricks, never stormed the fortresses, never broke into anything. We weren't in the bad countries, where they casually shoot you with bullets instead of pepper spray. We're still here.

We're okay.

Doktor Howl

Because of your well-mannered attitude and socially minded outlook, dear friend, you may normally be reluctant to make a stand with an outlandish idea or draw attention with an unusual outfit or hairstyle during periods of civil unrest or agitation.

Today is a day to be an individual in all aspects of the word.   Alone.  Away from any large gatherings of people, but probably best not to go to your house.  Prove that you are by doing something patriotic  by doing something unexpected that alerts the police to the location of the rest of your crowd.

Make yourself stand out above the rest in whatever way feels most comfortable to you.  This should not involve leg irons.

YOU ARE SPECIAL

You are their friend, you are special.
You are their friend, you're special to them.
There isn't anyone like you.
They'll understand, THEY LIKE YOU.

Molon Lube

Q. G. Pennyworth

I don't know who THEY are but now I'm scared  :eek:

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on March 06, 2012, 08:26:23 PM
I don't know who THEY are but now I'm scared  :eek:

Sorry, I seem to have dropped context.

"They" would be the friends and associates of the person being addressed.  They will understand that there was really no choice.  It was you or them.  Just think, if you were younger, the state would give you a shiny gold star and some peppermints.  And your parents would be home just as soon as their education was finished.
Molon Lube