News:

It's like that horrible screech you get when the microphone is positioned too close to a speaker, only with cops.

Main Menu

Goofus & Gallant for the 21st Century

Started by Doktor Howl, March 02, 2012, 12:02:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Coyote

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

President Television

I feel really bad about it. But the art. It had subtext.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Uncle Wallified on March 02, 2012, 07:05:40 AM
I feel really bad about it. But the art. It had subtext.

Don't feel bad about it.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

navkat

Q. G. Pennyworth

I am really not a fan of the newer art for Goofus and Gallant, and the comics are less "sit down, shut up, and play the game" and more "don't be a dick," so it's really not as much fun.

LMNO

This entire thread is made up of mittens and win.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Q. G. Pennyworth

I don't know why Goofus and Gallant are living in Nazi Germany, but here's another one:

trippinprincezz13

Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on March 02, 2012, 05:45:50 AM
The original of that one reads:

When Goofus falls and scrapes his knees, he gets up angry. When Gallant scrapes his knees, he gets up smiling.
Goofus cries when his mother removes a splinter. Gallant takes it bravely.
"I'm afraid it will hurt." "It doesn't hurt much, I'm not scared."

Yes, children, feeling pain and fear makes you a bad person.

lol, really? That's awful. I was trying to think of what could have been there that didn't sound awful, but no dice. And apparently there was none.

Alternatively on the top: "Goofus is upset that he tore his favorite pair of jeans." "Gallant knows Mom and Dad will just buy him another pair or two"
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Richter

Goofus's easy going ways ensure enjoyment of life and appreciation of health.
Gallant's type a behavior has given him and ulcer and ground his teeth into the gumline.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Q. G. Pennyworth

Damn, the back issue feature on highlights' site isn't there. There are only so many of these that made it to google.

Kai

Roger called me about these last night. And they are just as awful/wonderful as he said.  :lulz:
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Q. G. Pennyworth

A bunch of these images 404 now. Anyone have copies?

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on February 11, 2015, 04:57:11 AM
A bunch of these images 404 now. Anyone have copies?
I was just thinking of posting the same thing. Anyone?
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"