News:

Proud member of the Vin Diesel Friendship Brigade

Main Menu

MAD SCIENCE: Hacking Yoghurt DNA

Started by Triple Zero, March 02, 2012, 01:24:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

How to hack the yoghurt bacterium to make it a nice orange-pink colour and produce Prozac as a nice supplement to your morning breakfast:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Co8NOnErrPU

"A DNA synthesizer, it's sort of like a desktop printer, but instead of CMYK it prints ATCG. And you get the DNA back in an envelope, dried.

Last year I did a project in which I created a bacterium which, if you feed it to pigeons, it makes the pigeons, um, produce, er, defecate, it makes the pigeons shit soap."

Eet smakelijk!
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Freeky

Quoteit makes the pigeons shit soap."

:lulz:  SCIENCE!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Kai

Biohacking is now, guys. And with the 4th gen nanopore sequencing, it's just going to get easier.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Nephew Twiddleton

This is going to get interesting isnt it? The next couple of decades i mean- and not in a horrormirthy sort of way this time.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Bruno

Quote from: An Twidsteoir on March 02, 2012, 09:21:38 PM
This is going to get interesting isnt it? The next couple of decades i mean- and not in a horrormirthy sort of way this time.

Can't it be both?
Formerly something else...

Nephew Twiddleton

Oh sure. But its going to be more interesting in its own right (for me at least)

Don Coyote

Does this mean that I will be able to bioengineer bacteria to give me glowing poop?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Pope Coyote of the Wolffnords on March 02, 2012, 11:05:26 PM
Does this mean that I will be able to bioengineer bacteria to give me glowing poop?

God, I hope so.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Kai

Dude, if the OP could make pigeons defecate soap, youbetcha.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

BadBeast

You can already get bio-luminescent dogfood that makes their shit glow so you don't step in it at night.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Nephew Twiddleton

:lulz: "tired of walking your dog? Cant stand stepping in dogshit at night because you are unwilling to exert the effort to turn on the lights? Bioluminescent dog food is just the thing you need."

im starting to think we need to produce infomercials.

BadBeast

Only has a six day half life too. Still less toxic than fucking cat shit. And at least you can see dogshit. Cats hide it. In your slippers, your plant pots, on top of bookshelves, cats are rank! Dogs are
Quote from: An Twidsteoir on March 03, 2012, 06:18:58 PM
:lulz: "tired of walking your dog? Cant stand stepping in dogshit at night because you are unwilling to exert the effort to turn on the lights? Bioluminescent dog food is just the thing you need."

Bio-luminescent Dog food . . . . . . made out of radioactive Cats! 100% Organic, sustainable protein product for today's busy Dog about town. Just add scalding water. . .
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: BadBeast on March 03, 2012, 07:32:51 PM
Only has a six day half life too. Still less toxic than fucking cat shit. And at least you can see dogshit. Cats hide it. In your slippers, your plant pots, on top of bookshelves, cats are rank! Dogs are
Quote from: An Twidsteoir on March 03, 2012, 06:18:58 PM

Bio-luminescent Dog food . . . . . . made out of radioactive Cats! 100% Organic, sustainable protein product for today's busy Dog about town. Just add scalding water. . .

But wait, there's more! Along with your order for bioluminescent dog food we'll throw in Powdero to help eliminate the dogshit smell on your living room carpet. This has a total value of 69.99, but we're offering it to the next 1000 callers for not 69.99, not 59.99 NOT EVEN 39.99 All of this can be yours for 3.5 easy payments of 19.95! Call now, all major credit cards are accepted!

BadBeast

Lumin8 Petfoods. Polishing turds, so you don't have to tread in your filthy pets shite in the dark.
Available in Pallid Pink, Septic Yellow, and Gently festering Green.