News:

Thinking about Gabbard in general, my animal instinct is to flatten my ears against my head, roll my eyes up till the whites show, bare my teeth, and trill like a cicada stuck in a Commodore 64.

Main Menu

Can you mindfuck a Discordian?

Started by Hollis Increase, March 03, 2012, 06:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hollis Increase

Are Discordians impervious to mindfucks?  If not, under what circumstance would it be possible?
Ser Piggy could only find work as a Mortuary Transport Driver.  His appearance was far too disgusting for the living.

Nephew Twiddleton

If you come up with a decent mindfuck you could hypothetically use it on other discordians. However in my experience such mindfucks are ill thought and not really mindfucky.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Triple Zero

Of course you can mindfuck another Discordian. Cram's cabalmates pranked eachother all the time, from the stories I heard.

The thing is, mindfucks come in all sorts of angles and directions. Just because a Discordian is probably familiar with some of them, doesn't mean they're immune to all of them. And even if they are familiar with what you're trying doesn't guarantee they'll recognize it, if it's executed well enough.

It's important to consider, however, that in the tradition of Strife, a Discordian might not just get mad, but also will get even! ;-)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Oysters Rockefeller

Absolutely. Just like you can shoot somebody who has a gun or imitate an actor.

Actually, those are really good metaphors for discordians. Hot damn!
Well, my gynecologist committed suicide...
----------------------
I'm nothing if not kind of ridiculous and a little hard to take seriously.
----------------------
Moar liek Oysters Cockefeller, amirite?!

Hollis Increase

Quote from: An Twidsteoir on March 03, 2012, 06:27:47 PM
If you come up with a decent mindfuck you could hypothetically use it on other discordians. However in my experience such mindfucks are ill thought and not really mindfucky.

In your opinion, is that a good thing?
Ser Piggy could only find work as a Mortuary Transport Driver.  His appearance was far too disgusting for the living.

Nephew Twiddleton

Who doesnt like a good prank? I mean other than my friend who just hung up on me :lulz:
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Hollis Increase on March 03, 2012, 10:25:36 PM
Quote from: An Twidsteoir on March 03, 2012, 06:27:47 PM

In your opinion, is that a good thing?

What, ill thought and not really mindfucky mindfucks?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Does no-one read the Bestiary anymore?  It clearly states under Immunities School of Illusion and School of Enchantment have no effect on the Discordian class type. 

So no, no you cannot.  RTFM.

Telarus

Quote from: Cain on March 03, 2012, 11:12:04 PM
Does no-one read the Bestiary anymore?  It clearly states under Immunities School of Illusion and School of Enchantment have no effect on the Discordian class type. 

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

minuspace

Sex, generally, with fire extinguishers and parking cone periscopes...

Hollis Increase

Quote from: LuciferX on March 04, 2012, 12:20:43 PM
Sex, generally, with fire extinguishers and parking cone periscopes...
Now that's exactly what I was talking about!  In fact, I think I have a Cambodian URL you might be interested in written down somewhere around here.  Let me look for it and get back to you.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on March 03, 2012, 11:12:04 PM

Once again, Cain demonstrates why he's called The Manchester Mangler.   :lulz:
Molon Lube

Golden Applesauce

Yes - in fact, Discordians will often go so far as to mindfuck themselves, just to keep from getting stale.
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Doktor Howl

No, you cannot mindfuck a Discordian, because they're too busy wanking up there and THERE'S NO ROOM FOR YOU.
Molon Lube

navkat