News:

There are no innocents, only the squeamish and the aroused.

Main Menu

The latest Teabagger nemesis: a 20 year old UN memo

Started by Cain, March 07, 2012, 01:31:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

This is just one example of the latest craze to be sweeping Teabagger circles across the US:

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2012/feb/19/agenda-21-provokes-conspiracy-fears-here/

QuoteA 20-year-old United Nations plan has crept steadily into the local public discussion, with some local officials saying it is nothing more than a suggestion on how to make a community better.

But others say it is something to be feared, a guide to world domination and a guiding tool of Chattanooga government.

It is called Agenda 21.

The man who leads Chattanooga government said Agenda 21 is not the guiding principle for his administration and called the group leading the charge a "conspiracy theorist" group.

"When I first heard about it [Agenda 21] a few months ago, I had never heard about it and had to look it up," Mayor Ron Littlefield said.

The Chattanooga Tea Party has been talking for months about Agenda 21, an action plan adopted at a 1992 conference of the United Nations. The action plan calls for governments worldwide -- national, state and local -- to focus on sustainable development.

But tea party groups and others say there is more to the plan that intrudes on the private rights of individuals. They say the agenda proposes such things as trying to make people live closer to cities instead of giving them free choice, guiding such things as annexation to give cities more control of individuals and cities using code enforcement as a way to trump individual rights.

Mark West, president of the Chattanooga Tea Party, said the Republican National Committee passed a resolution last month on Agenda 21. The resolution said Agenda 21 is "a comprehensive plan of extreme environmentalism, social engineering and global political control."

West said if his group is made of "conspiracy theorists," then that should point to the RNC as being a conspiracy group as well.

"I guess we're all in this conspiracy boat together," he said.

Yes, you are all in the conspiracy boat together.  If only you'd sail away somewhere.

Phox

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

navkat

Quote"a comprehensive plan of extreme environmentalism, social engineering and global political control."

1. "Extreme environmentalism" Just add "extreme" to any word and it sounds dirty. Try it! "Extreme childcare practices." "Extreme Arts Propagation." "Extreme Refrigeration proponents."
2. "Social Engineering" ...and pushing "Conservative Christian Values" isn't? Here's one of my favourite running Alabama Republican quotes: "It's called freedom of religion, not freedom from religion!"
3. "Global Political Control." See the .COM domain thread.

Nephew Twiddleton

My favorite is when they say "follow the money."

The type of laughter that comes out of me with that one is not a wholesome laugh.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Oysters Rockefeller

Godammit. Since when do teapartiers care about individual rights?

I want to shoot a ludicrous amount of heroin tonight, Tea Party. Ante up!

...Hey...uhm...Senor Rockefeller? You know the Tea Party probably doesn't read PD?

Shut it, you!
Well, my gynecologist committed suicide...
----------------------
I'm nothing if not kind of ridiculous and a little hard to take seriously.
----------------------
Moar liek Oysters Cockefeller, amirite?!

navkat

Quote from: An Twidsteoir on March 07, 2012, 04:34:12 PM
My favorite is when they say "follow the money."

The type of laughter that comes out of me with that one is not a wholesome laugh.

Sometimes, people come up with clever things to say that sound like they should be profound and wrought with wisdom but which, on closer inspection, by rolling the words around for a bit on one's tongue, are easily recognized as so utterly meaningless as to challenge the act of placing random words together using basic grammatical form.

I just got that sensation just now. It is the sensation of trying to take a bite out of a hard, totally flat surface, such as a wall.

Doktor Howl

OKAY, I FOLLOWED THE MONEY.

IT WENT INTO GOLDMAN-SACHS AND NEVER CAME OUT.  DIDN'T SEEM TO GO ANYWHERE NEAR THE UN IN THE PROCESS.
Molon Lube

LMNO

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 07, 2012, 04:48:25 PM

IT WENT INTO GOLDMAN-SACHS AND NEVER CAME OUT.  DIDN'T SEEM TO GO ANYWHERE NEAR THE UN IN THE PROCESS.

It's been a long time since I said this, but: "Newsfeed."

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 07, 2012, 04:48:25 PM

Goldman-Sachs? Is that one of those Muslim names?
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Cain

New Nemesis:

Black Men Hugging is Proof of Communism.

Young Barak Obama gave a speech in support of Derrick Bell!  Shock!  Scandal!

...what do you mean, "who's Derrick Bell?"

He's the nefarious law professor who came up with the Marxist inspired theory that the enforcement with, and compliance of laws in regards to racial minorities might have something to do with levels of racial aminosity or lack thereof.

Scandal!  Shock!  Communism!  KENYANS!

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on March 08, 2012, 10:08:46 PM
New Nemesis:

Black Men Hugging is Proof of Communism.

Young Barak Obama gave a speech in support of Derrick Bell!  Shock!  Scandal!

...what do you mean, "who's Derrick Bell?"

He's the nefarious law professor who came up with the Marxist inspired theory that the enforcement with, and compliance of laws in regards to racial minorities might have something to do with levels of racial aminosity or lack thereof.

Scandal!  Shock!  Communism!  KENYANS!

If you want a real hoot, head back over to capitol grilling and watch TLB for a bit.  He posted a full page rant a week or so ago about how Obama should be impeached for holding the traditional Easter egg hunt while the economy is bad.  Every day over there is like watching Hannity's talking points being repeated by a particularly brain-damaged Phoenix resident.  Which it is.
Molon Lube

Cain

I'll have to try and remember my password over there sometime, so I can login and start poking 'baggers with sticks.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on March 08, 2012, 10:26:07 PM
I'll have to try and remember my password over there sometime, so I can login and start poking 'baggers with sticks.

There's only 2.5 left.  They've had a rough election cycle.  There's TLB out of Phoenix, Frank out of Chicago very occasionally (hence the .5), and Klattu out of Crazytown.  There's 2-3 others, but they're actually sock puppets for Frank & Klattu.
Molon Lube

Rumckle

I will give the Tea Party one thing though, 'Agenda 21' is a pretty sinister sounding name, if you are a cartoon villain.

Quote from: navkat on March 07, 2012, 03:48:25 PM
Quote"a comprehensive plan of extreme environmentalism, social engineering and global political control."

1. "Extreme environmentalism" Just add "extreme" to any word and it sounds dirty. Try it! "Extreme childcare practices." "Extreme Arts Propagation." "Extreme Refrigeration proponents."
2. "Social Engineering" ...and pushing "Conservative Christian Values" isn't? Here's one of my favourite running Alabama Republican quotes: "It's called freedom of religion, not freedom from religion!"
3. "Global Political Control." See the .COM domain thread.

That sounds pretty awesome
It's not trolling, it's just satire.