News:

It is better to set off a nuclear bomb, than to sit and curse the dark.

Main Menu

The latest Teabagger nemesis: a 20 year old UN memo

Started by Cain, March 07, 2012, 01:31:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

navkat

People who lobby for use of air-conditioners to combat global-warming. It's a pretty radical cult. Batshit. I don't think their argument is very well though-out.

Cain

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 08, 2012, 10:30:16 PM
Quote from: Cain on March 08, 2012, 10:26:07 PM
I'll have to try and remember my password over there sometime, so I can login and start poking 'baggers with sticks.

There's only 2.5 left.  They've had a rough election cycle.  There's TLB out of Phoenix, Frank out of Chicago very occasionally (hence the .5), and Klattu out of Crazytown.  There's 2-3 others, but they're actually sock puppets for Frank & Klattu.

I need to find a politics website that doesn't suck.  It's actually very hard to find one I like.  I either tend to get banned, or its so boring I can't stand being there.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Cain on March 09, 2012, 11:24:25 AM
I'll have to try and remember my password over there sometime, so I can login and start poking 'baggers with sticks.

There's only 2.5 left.  They've had a rough election cycle.  There's TLB out of Phoenix, Frank out of Chicago very occasionally (hence the .5), and Klattu out of Crazytown.  There's 2-3 others, but they're actually sock puppets for Frank & Klattu.

I need to find a politics website that doesn't suck.  It's actually very hard to find one I like.  I either tend to get banned, or its so boring I can't stand being there.

As for the first type, I imagine that's because people who like to talk politics don't like to talk facts.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Cain

There is one website, for political scientists, which would be quite good, except that it allows total anonymity, and so descends into Godwin territory in about 5 seconds flat:

"Let's talk about Dan Drezner's Zombies and International Politics."

"Drezner is a Nazi.  And wannabe pundit, whose pop-culture references are annoying.  But mostly a Nazi."

And the rest are pretty much like this:

"Hi!  I'm a conservative!  Here's a conservative-approved talking point from conservative-site!"

"Hi!  I'm a liberal!  Here's a liberal-approved rebuttal from liberal-site!  Also, you're stupid."

"Hi!  I'm a conservative still!  Liberal media bias!  Also you probably rape puppies!"

"Do not!"

"Do too.  Your mum told me all about it last night."

navkat

Quote from: An Twidsteoir on March 09, 2012, 11:41:32 AM

As for the first type, I imagine that's because people who like to talk politics don't like to talk facts.

I realize this is a very quick, simple reply and not anything that hasn't been said here before but for some reason, this spun me on a thought-surf this morning, Twiddles. :)

navkat

Quote from: Cain on March 09, 2012, 11:46:26 AM
There is one website, for political scientists, which would be quite good, except that it allows total anonymity, and so descends into Godwin territory in about 5 seconds flat:

"Let's talk about Dan Drezner's Zombies and International Politics."

"Drezner is a Nazi.  And wannabe pundit, whose pop-culture references are annoying.  But mostly a Nazi."

And the rest are pretty much like this:

"Hi!  I'm a conservative!  Here's a conservative-approved talking point from conservative-site!"

"Hi!  I'm a liberal!  Here's a liberal-approved rebuttal from liberal-site!  Also, you're stupid."

"Hi!  I'm a conservative still!  Liberal media bias!  Also you probably rape puppies!"

"Do not!"

"Do too.  Your mum told me all about it last night."

And then, there's that ever-present problem we talked about in other threads: labeling. As soon as I say I want to keep my drugs and guns but want to pay my taxes and don't care to see the birth certificate, the Neo Cons scream "Traitor!" and offer to pray for me and the Liberals scream "Backpeddler!"and call me a "wingbat."

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: navkat on March 09, 2012, 11:47:30 AM
Quote from: An Twidsteoir on March 09, 2012, 11:41:32 AM

I realize this is a very quick, simple reply and not anything that hasn't been said here before but for some reason, this spun me on a thought-surf this morning, Twiddles. :)

:)

Prince Glittersnatch III

Quote from: Cain on March 08, 2012, 10:08:46 PM
New Nemesis:

Black Men Hugging is Proof of Communism.

Young Barak Obama gave a speech in support of Derrick Bell!  Shock!  Scandal!

...what do you mean, "who's Derrick Bell?"

He's the nefarious law professor who came up with the Marxist inspired theory that the enforcement with, and compliance of laws in regards to racial minorities might have something to do with levels of racial aminosity or lack thereof.

Scandal!  Shock!  Communism!  KENYANS!

QuoteThis is a man so extreme that, as we've reported, he wrote a story in 1993 in which he posited that white Americans would sell black Americans into slavery to aliens to relieve the national debt, and that Jews would go along with it.

Wat.  :lulz:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Nephew Twiddleton

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: An Twidsteoir on March 09, 2012, 04:10:20 PM
Aliens have money?
they have gold.
they put us here to mine it for them.
haven't you read your Zecharia Sitchin?!

Nephew Twiddleton