News:

Sometimes I rattle the cage and beat my head uselessly against its bars, but sometimes, I can shake one loose and use it as a dildo.

Main Menu

The Flying Monkey

Started by Bebek Sincap Ratatosk, March 08, 2012, 01:16:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

I've thought a lot about the Winged Monkey in the PD... the one who delivers the Sacred Chao to Mal and Omar.

Like all primates, he's still a monkey. Unlike all the other primates, he's been given a level of freedom, a freedom that allows him to fly above the other monkeys. I think, in some sense, this is true of Discordians. Many of us here seem to think about our actions more often than the general populace. We jailbreak some of those 'normal' monkey behaviors. We're still monkeys, we still have the monkey programming, we still have prison cells, but in some sense, we have more freedom than many of the other primates wandering around this planet. Just like the Winged Monkey.

We still have many Common Walls with the land bound primates. It doesn't mean we're BETTER or that we should see this as US vs THEM. However, it does mean that when the monkey brain starts to run broken bio-survival programs, antiquated territorial programs or when that chunk of shrapnel embedded in your knee starts to really ache... we have the option of flying out of the situation.

I think perhaps all of the Monkeys are born with wings, but they can't use them because of the 'suits of psychic armor' our species has enclosed itself in.

"I am Chaos and I tell you that you are free" -Some Crazy Bitch
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

AFK

Indeed.

For me I immediately think about parenting.  Being into the Discordian world, I think, has given me that extra pause when I am correcting, or thinking about, correcting my children. 

Correcting my son from running into the road is necessary.  In argument between 2 year-old boy and speeding Cadillac, the Cadillac always wins. 

Correcting my son from eating his cereal with his hands, probably not really something I need to do, unless he starts chucking it at his sister.  (If he chucks it at the cat I of course must encourage it because that shit is funny)

I mean, on some level I guess it is kind of like the "pick your battles" ideal, but it goes deeper because it's about realizing that not everything is a serious issue.  It's okay for disorder to exist, just so long as it isn't destructive. 

I'd love to set up a Discordian Parenting 101 class in my neck of the woods, but I know not only would no one sign up, but it would be viewed as some crazy, heretical cult-like thing. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Random Probability

Then write a book.  Call it something snarky like "Raising a Child in Christ" (so you can get it sold at Walmart).  Write it exactly how you normally would, just substitute some lulzy references to "Our Lord" instead of She What Done It All.

Or... not.

Cain

I thought the flying monkey might be a reference to the Wizard of Oz.

From which you could draw any number of possible meanings, including the PD is actually a tract about how one can advance a bimetallic political economy.

LMNO

Quote from: Cain on March 08, 2012, 02:52:04 PM

From which you could draw any number of possible meanings, including the PD is actually a tract about how one can advance a bimetallic political economy.

Wow.  Talk about the Law of Fives run amok.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on March 08, 2012, 03:01:14 PM
Quote from: Cain on March 08, 2012, 02:52:04 PM

Wow.  Talk about the Law of Fives run amok.

:lulz: I love you guys!
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson