News:

PD.com: "the lot of you are some of the most vicious, name calling, vile examples of humanity I've had the misfortune of attempting to communicate with.  Even attempting to mimic the general mood of the place toward people who think differently leaves a slimy feel on my skin.  Reptilian, even."

Main Menu

labels propaganda

Started by Oysters Rockefeller, March 09, 2012, 06:01:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

navkat

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 09, 2012, 07:58:09 PM
Quote from: navkat on March 09, 2012, 07:56:01 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 09, 2012, 07:47:24 PM
Oysters, well done.  You got me.

I now know not to bother explaining further when you request it.

I feel like I missed something.

Why?  I was referring to Oysters having asked me to clarify, then totally ignoring my response, not your lack of a response.

Oh, duh. I thought "Oysters, well-done" was in reference to my brain on drugs or something. I completely brain-farted out the part about it being the OP's nick. Dur.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: navkat on March 09, 2012, 07:48:13 PM
Quote from: Iptuous on March 09, 2012, 07:44:07 PM
the wiki page says that glitter bombing is totally gay...

Dude, I've mentioned glitter bombs on here as early as like 2006 or some shit. The GLBT thing is recent.

Yes, the practice of using it as a political statement seems to have just popped up in the last couple of years. Before that it was mostly used to annoy friends, and has been around probably for as long as glitter has been around.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Oysters Rockefeller on March 09, 2012, 06:40:27 PM
I mean subversive in the fact that using them is contrary to mainstream principles, not that doing drugs is an anti-authoritarian type act.

Although I don't particularly buy into the idea that THEY (strike ominous piano chords) are purposely reaping the benefits of drug production, if that's what you are implying. Feel free to prove me wrong.

Um

It's right here in my Sociology textbook, as a matter of fact. "They" are.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Elder Iptuous

like the Cascarones?
well when were they first used with the name 'glitter bomb'?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Nigel on March 09, 2012, 08:35:12 PM
I mean subversive in the fact that using them is contrary to mainstream principles, not that doing drugs is an anti-authoritarian type act.

Although I don't particularly buy into the idea that THEY (strike ominous piano chords) are purposely reaping the benefits of drug production, if that's what you are implying. Feel free to prove me wrong.

Um

See, now you've gone and wrecked a perfectly good appeal to ridicule argument.

This is why we can't have nice things, Nigel.
Molon Lube

Oysters Rockefeller

First post has been edited to amend my drug stuff, add in posters for wiretaping and immgration, and add a cover, as Navkat suggested.
Well, my gynecologist committed suicide...
----------------------
I'm nothing if not kind of ridiculous and a little hard to take seriously.
----------------------
Moar liek Oysters Cockefeller, amirite?!

rong

I absolutely love this questionnaire.

I think if it were presented in the form of "can't decide who to vote for this year? Take this simple quiz to find your true political leanings" could open a lot if peoples eyes.
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Iptuous on March 09, 2012, 08:38:06 PM
like the Cascarones?
well when were they first used with the name 'glitter bomb'?

This post doesn't make sense to me. Glitter bombs and Cascarones?

I have no idea when they were first called glitter bombs. They've just always been called glitter bombs.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 09, 2012, 08:40:01 PM

Um

:lulz:

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Nigel on March 09, 2012, 09:26:31 PM

Um

Nigel and herselves have WRECKED PD AGAIN!  :crankey:
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 09, 2012, 09:50:54 PM

Um

We can't help it. We're just born that way.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Nigel on March 09, 2012, 09:54:50 PM

Um

YOU PEOPLE ARE SICK!  SICK!!!
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 09, 2012, 09:55:58 PM
Quote from: Nigel on March 09, 2012, 09:54:50 PM

Um

YOU PEOPLE ARE SICK!  SICK!!!

:thanks:

GavrielDiscordiaEPIS:327

I like them how they are, the questions are way more 'subversive' than any recipe you can add to them, just slam them with the info and add more recipes for anything except explosives.

Then i would suggest you put these into a stack and see if some REALLY small press wants to publish them in Zine form. Otherwise just sell them for $1 on Amazon in a digital format!

Dont let these go to waste!

Also you can license them in creative commons/public domain/etc and make it clear you want peoplke to use them and add them to their own Discordian texts....

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: GavrielDiscordiaEPIS on September 09, 2012, 01:45:33 AM
Then i would suggest you put these into a stack and see if some REALLY small press wants to publish them in Zine form. Otherwise just sell them for $1 on Amazon in a digital format!

Dont let these go to waste!

Also you can license them in creative commons/public domain/etc and make it clear you want peoplke to use them and add them to their own Discordian texts....

^^THAT.

I totally missed this thread, thanks for bumping it Gavriel.

Oysters, these are brilliant.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A