News:

PD.com: More merciless than a statue of Ming.

Main Menu

Is it just me?

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, February 27, 2012, 10:56:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

I've used an overloaded messenger bag for years on a bike that doesn't quite fit and my back is still a rhinoceros.

If you adjust it right for riding a bike, you can distribute most of the weight to your hips. It was the only reason I owned one. This leads me to believe that your friends also wear small pants pulled way too high and tuck their ears into ball caps.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Nigel on March 04, 2012, 12:04:50 AM
I just didn't mention the backpack because it wasn't as exciting as scoring the last bright orange waterproof messenger bag, on sale.

It looks like this:

I had the smaller version of that one.

:awesome:
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Net on March 04, 2012, 12:59:03 AM
I've used an overloaded messenger bag for years on a bike that doesn't quite fit and my back is still a rhinoceros.

If you adjust it right for riding a bike, you can distribute most of the weight to your hips. It was the only reason I owned one. This leads me to believe that your friends also wear small pants pulled way too high and tuck their ears into ball caps.

Hundreds of thousands of people use them for many years and have no problems. Hundreds of thousands of people also don't use them, and have back problems. I think that the odds are, both of these particular people were predisposed to back problems, and are blaming the problems on their messenger bag, which probably does, especially if they aren't positioning it properly (and I know one of them doesn't), exacerbate their back problems.

One of them is an overweight law student occasionally famous for being Portland's "Pants-less Santa" and the other is a professional 30-something. Both of them should be, and normally are, more reasonable people. I do not know what bug has gone up their butts but for the time being I am exiting that friend circle and if any of them want to see me they can hang out one-on-one.

Oh, and the version of that bag that I got is the smaller one, because on my frame the big one would be ridiculous!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Triple Zero

Nigel have you considered that listening to your friends might be what's best for you? Because I really think you should listen to what's best for you. I should know because this one time I did not do what's best for me, and things turned out for the worse.

Also that messenger bag looks pretty awesome! (Mine's awesomer because it has orange AND green, but seeing it was the last one you have to make do).

Oh! Oh! Maybe your friends are just trying to

:putin:

HAVE YOUR BACK
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Nigel on March 04, 2012, 12:04:50 AM
I just didn't mention the backpack because it wasn't as exciting as scoring the last bright orange waterproof messenger bag, on sale.

It looks like this:

Sweet bag.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Triple Zero on March 04, 2012, 01:29:29 AM
Nigel have you considered that listening to your friends might be what's best for you? Because I really think you should listen to what's best for you. I should know because this one time I did not do what's best for me, and things turned out for the worse.

Also that messenger bag looks pretty awesome! (Mine's awesomer because it has orange AND green, but seeing it was the last one you have to make do).

Oh! Oh! Maybe your friends are just trying to

:putin:

HAVE YOUR BACK

:lulz: :lulz:

Also, orange and green? ENVY!)
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

East Coast Hustle

There's one glaringly obvious solution to your friends' assbaggery.

Invite me next time they have a party.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Freeky

Quote from: Nigel on March 03, 2012, 11:48:37 PM
Thanks... I'm pretty frustrated.

I am especially frustrated because now at least two of my friends are saying that I'm imagining things or overreacting. I feel incredibly frustrated and dismissed.

If I were in your position, I would take a bunch of specific examples of recent douchebaggery and put it all in a single post or thread, and then state that I am not overreacting, but they might not have seen it.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on March 07, 2012, 05:59:30 AM
There's one glaringly obvious solution to your friends' assbaggery.

Invite me next time they have a party.

YES.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Freeky of SCIENCE! on March 07, 2012, 06:11:02 AM
Quote from: Nigel on March 03, 2012, 11:48:37 PM
Thanks... I'm pretty frustrated.

I am especially frustrated because now at least two of my friends are saying that I'm imagining things or overreacting. I feel incredibly frustrated and dismissed.

If I were in your position, I would take a bunch of specific examples of recent douchebaggery and put it all in a single post or thread, and then state that I am not overreacting, but they might not have seen it.

Won't work. They have their blinders on.

I did, however, have dinner with FBF tonight, and somewhat fortuitously her  job has just been having "boundary training" this week, so when I told her that what bothered me was largely that I set a clear boundary and it was immediately trampled over, she got it. So that's all cool at least.

navkat

Oh yeah, well I have been a camel for 9 years and I can tell you from personal experience that's really realer than theirs that carrying shit on your back is not all it's cracked up to be. For one, there's the whole thing about not finding jackets that fit and for two, all kinds of middle eastern guys in your Anatomy classes try to mount you and ride you home after school.

I'm sorry but my experience with carrying stuff is clearly the winner in this case and I wouldn't say anything at all but I feel it's important that your friends learn right from wrong from an expert.

Freeky

Nav, you are so weird!  :lol:

navkat

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: navkat on March 13, 2012, 07:44:33 PM
Oh yeah, well I have been a camel for 9 years and I can tell you from personal experience that's really realer than theirs that carrying shit on your back is not all it's cracked up to be. For one, there's the whole thing about not finding jackets that fit and for two, all kinds of middle eastern guys in your Anatomy classes try to mount you and ride you home after school.

I'm sorry but my experience with carrying stuff is clearly the winner in this case and I wouldn't say anything at all but I feel it's important that your friends learn right from wrong from an expert.

:lulz: I am totally coming to you for a retort the next time.

East Coast Hustle

Navkat's been on a fucking roll lately. :lulz:
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"