News:

All you can say in this site's defence is that it, rather than reality, occupies the warped minds of some of the planet's most twisted people; gods know what they would get up to if it wasn't here.  In these arguably insane times, any lessening or attenuation of madness is maybe something to be thankful for.

Main Menu

[Splintered] Manipulation: What defines it?

Started by navkat, March 09, 2012, 10:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

navkat

I'm the girl driving 10 mph below the speed limit and staying in the middle lane so I can read the signs and make sure I don't make any mistakes. Then, I will invariably figure out where I need to be, drop it down to 5th, speeeeeed waaaaay the fuck up and aggressively get in the correct lane before it's too late. You will shit yourself a little and go "WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS CRAZY BITCH DOING?!?"

Ha ha.

AnnaMaeBollocks

That "EDR" and "when to call, what to say" stuff doesn't read like manipulation to me. It reads like a remedial course in social interaction for stupid guys who are having problems because they act starving dogs who want to grab a tit like a football and run.  :x

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: navkat on March 11, 2012, 01:37:59 AM
I'm the girl driving 10 mph below the speed limit and staying in the middle lane so I can read the signs and make sure I don't make any mistakes. Then, I will invariably figure out where I need to be, drop it down to 5th, speeeeeed waaaaay the fuck up and aggressively get in the correct lane before it's too late. You will shit yourself a little and go "WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS CRAZY BITCH DOING?!?"

Ha ha.

All the PDX hippies do that. It doesn't keep them from being eaten by carnivorous bridges and it won't help you either.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

Though it WILL make me add you to "the list".

ECH,
has no use for people who don't realize that speed limits are a minimum, not a maximum.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Don Coyote

Ha ha.

I fucking hate people that do that. Even when I am driving someplace I don't know, I drive the speed limit, at a minimum, and I have shitty ass distance vision so I won't be able read the signs as soon as the rest of you guys.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Guru Coyote on March 11, 2012, 05:31:52 AM

Ha ha.

I fucking hate people that do that. Even when I am driving someplace I don't know, I drive the speed limit, at a minimum, and I have shitty ass distance vision so I won't be able read the signs as soon as the rest of you guys.

The good news is that the highway signage is currently being replaced with a typeface designed specifically to withstand things like reflective glare in the fog and still remain legible.

Hopefully this will improve the chances of you making it out to Portland—you missed a good time with Alty and an epic house party.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

East Coast Hustle

Dammit, I don't want them to make the signs readable. Next thing you know they'll be installing streetlights that actually illuminate things.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on March 11, 2012, 12:36:42 PM
Dammit, I don't want them to make the signs readable. Next thing you know they'll be installing streetlights that actually illuminate things.

:lulz: Now you're just crazy talking.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Another thing that our bridges have a lot of is ghost ramps.

Here's what they look like from the topside:

Q. G. Pennyworth

Those signs look an awful lot like Trebuchet...

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Nigel on March 11, 2012, 07:56:46 PM
Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on March 11, 2012, 05:25:49 PM
Those signs look an awful lot like Trebuchet...

They are. Just not in the way you expect.

I would have been very disappointed in this board if no one went for that joke.