News:

Proud member of the Vin Diesel Friendship Brigade

Main Menu

Family of Florida boy killed by Neighborhood Watch seeks arrest

Started by Freeky, March 11, 2012, 04:52:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 12, 2012, 10:19:56 PM
Zimmerman's wife has just been arrested for perjury.

I do not approve.  I don't want to share a country with people who WOULDN'T lie like a mad bastard to keep their spouse out of jail.

Damn right. And I hate Zimmerman.

At one time I don't even think they could even subpoena family members.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on June 12, 2012, 10:27:12 PM

I do not approve.  I don't want to share a country with people who WOULDN'T lie like a mad bastard to keep their spouse out of jail.

She lied about their financial status to get him out on bond instead of bail.  Looks like they MIGHT have been able to manage the bail, but not without destroying them financially, even with the support he gets from the Yahoo Nation.  Still, it would have meant a while longer in the pokey...

...And all I can say is that I would lie like a fucking politician to spare my wife ONE day in jail.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 12, 2012, 10:29:42 PM

She lied about their financial status to get him out on bond instead of bail.  Looks like they MIGHT have been able to manage the bail, but not without destroying them financially, even with the support he gets from the Yahoo Nation.  Still, it would have meant a while longer in the pokey...

...And all I can say is that I would lie like a fucking politician to spare my wife ONE day in jail.

Well yeah. People who wouldn't do things like that are spineless.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on June 12, 2012, 10:31:42 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 12, 2012, 10:29:42 PM

Well yeah. People who wouldn't do things like that are spineless.

Sure.

Thing is, they went from a DA who wanted to sweep things under the rug, to a kill-crazy monster.

It's the same lady that put that Black woman in prison for 20 years for a warning shot.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Anna Mae Bollocks

:x :x :x

And she has to use it on everybody who was metaphorically standing around and got splattered.

Junkenstein

http://atlantablackstar.com/2012/06/18/george-zimmermans-calls-to-wife-reveal-alleged-plan-to-hide-funds/

QuoteIn a half dozen phone calls between a locked-up George Zimmerman and his wife, the couple talk about their love for each other, buying bulletproof vests and how to move a flood of donations into their personal accounts, recordings released Monday reveal.
Prosecutors allege the six phone calls prove that Shellie Zimmerman lied when she told a judge that the couple was broke before her husband was granted bail in April.

Well colour me shocked.

QuoteThe couple spoke in code, according to prosecutor Bernie de la Rionda. In the calls Zimmerman makes repeated reference to "Peter Pan," an apparent reference to PayPal.
And neither Zimmerman or his wife ever refer to more than $100,000, talking instead about amounts generally totaling "10 dollars" and "20 dollars." Prosecutors say those were references to $10,000 and $20,000.

This is shocking. If that's the best you can do with codewords and secrecy you deserve twice the sentence for being such a retard.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Juana

They can subpoena family members, just not your spouse (depending on the nature of the case/state, even if you've divorced them, and some states allow the other spouse to waive that depending, again, the nature of the case). But I just took a quick look at Florida law regarding martial privileged communication (aka, husband-wife privilege), and, while obviously not a lawyer, I'm inclined to think it's technically MPC:
Quote90.504 Husband-wife privilege.—
(1) A spouse has a privilege during and after the marital relationship to refuse to disclose, and to prevent another from disclosing, communications which were intended to be made in confidence between the spouses while they were husband and wife.
(2) The privilege may be claimed by either spouse or by the guardian or conservator of a spouse. The authority of a spouse, or guardian or conservator of a spouse, to claim the privilege is presumed in the absence of contrary evidence.
(3) There is no privilege under this section:
(a) In a proceeding brought by or on behalf of one spouse against the other spouse.
(b) In a criminal proceeding in which one spouse is charged with a crime committed at any time against the person or property of the other spouse, or the person or property of a child of either.
(c) In a criminal proceeding in which the communication is offered in evidence by a defendant-spouse who is one of the spouses between whom the communication was made.
I haven't read too much beyond that, aside from looking over some briefs discussing a parent-child privilege from, like, 1999 (HWP is the most similar, after all), and it looks like the Zimmermans' chat is covered by the statute. Federal law would further support this and there's further precedence for this in a semi-similar case in California, where marital privilege specifically trumped attorney-client privileged communication.

But that's, you know, federal law and California law, and they'd really only come into play if the Zimmermans challenged it and Florida's fucking weird. So I dunno.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

The Good Reverend Roger

Luna

Fucking hell...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/16/george-zimmerman_n_1676729.html

A relative of Zimmerman (exact relationship redacted from public records) has come forward to state that he molested her from the age of six for a decade.  She says that he's in jail, so now is the first time she's not afraid of him.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Luna on July 31, 2012, 10:07:33 PM
Fucking hell...

A relative of Zimmerman (exact relationship redacted from public records) has come forward to state that he molested her from the age of six for a decade.  She says that he's in jail, so now is the first time she's not afraid of him.

Wow.

Luna

Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on July 31, 2012, 10:09:13 PM
Fucking hell...

Wow.

Zimmerman's lawyer is shitting himself to say that her accusations have nothing to do with his case, which is correct, other than it speaks to him being a fucked up bastard.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Luna on July 31, 2012, 10:14:04 PM
Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on July 31, 2012, 10:09:13 PM
Fucking hell...

Wow.

Zimmerman's lawyer is shitting himself to say that her accusations have nothing to do with his case, which is correct, other than it speaks to him being a fucked up bastard.

FACEBOOKING!  :