Family of Florida boy killed by Neighborhood Watch seeks arrest

Started by Freeky, March 11, 2012, 04:52:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Left

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 16, 2013, 05:20:42 PM
How about "Florida doesn't get to have a court system.  They and Texas must hire other states, chosen by lottery, to try all cases."?

Cool by me.

Oh, in what might be a merging of topic issue:
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-zimmerman-verdict-city-leaders-urge-calm-20130715,0,1546139.story

Protesters apparently broke away and attempted to do some looting of Walmart. :evil:
Hope was the thing with feathers.
I smacked it with a hammer until it was red and squashy

Pergamos

Quote from: stelz on July 16, 2013, 03:09:06 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on July 16, 2013, 01:06:18 PM
Quote from: hylierandom, A.D.D. on July 16, 2013, 12:34:35 PM
Girlfriendo and I were pissed, but we're also kind of evilly happy that things are actually worse for Zimmerman this way than if he pleaded guilty.

If he'd done some time, the whole country wouldn't have been outraged this way...he probably wouldn't have got a stiff enough sentence, but there wouldn't be this collective outrage, he would have done his time and it would be over for him in a few years.

This way...for the rest of his life he's gonna have to watch his back.  He's a marked man, pretty much...
That gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling.
:evil:

I'd love to think for the rest of his life people will shout "I'm standing my ground" whenever he walks towards them. Unlikely, but it would be amusing.

Can't shake the feeling he's going to be able to turn this into a sack of cash somehow.

Yeah, disgusting SELLS. Octomom, Honey Boo Boo and Bobbittpr0n, MOVE OVER.  :x

I dunno, they're revolting without being evil (well, with the possible exception of Bobbit, I heard he was abusive, but it's not the abuse that sold, it's the fact his cock got cut off)

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Pergamos on July 16, 2013, 10:27:10 PM
Girlfriendo and I were pissed, but we're also kind of evilly happy that things are actually worse for Zimmerman this way than if he pleaded guilty.

If he'd done some time, the whole country wouldn't have been outraged this way...he probably wouldn't have got a stiff enough sentence, but there wouldn't be this collective outrage, he would have done his time and it would be over for him in a few years.

This way...for the rest of his life he's gonna have to watch his back.  He's a marked man, pretty much...

I'd love to think for the rest of his life people will shout "I'm standing my ground" whenever he walks towards them. Unlikely, but it would be amusing.

Can't shake the feeling he's going to be able to turn this into a sack of cash somehow.

I dunno, they're revolting without being evil (well, with the possible exception of Bobbit, I heard he was abusive, but it's not the abuse that sold, it's the fact his cock got cut off)

Wasn't abuse, it was catting around what done him in.
Molon Lube

Pergamos

Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on July 16, 2013, 05:41:08 PM
Quote from: stelz on July 16, 2013, 05:30:47 PM
Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on July 16, 2013, 05:25:50 PM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on July 16, 2013, 04:57:44 PM
Quote from: Emo Howard on July 16, 2013, 11:35:05 AM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on July 16, 2013, 06:42:09 AM
It may have been the right verdict according to the law... but the law is wrong, if that was the right verdict.

I think there should be some obligation, if you're carrying a firearm, not to be creepy.

Or a "no escalation" law that states that if a person in possession of a firearm escalates a confrontation, they cannot claim self-defense if they use it to kill their opponent.

And have to be real firm in defining what constitutes escalation...or aggression. Still several people that claimed that following Martin after he had made it very clear that he was not okay with continuing to be followed, was perfectly okay. Well, not okay, per se, but a sort of "not really the best judgement, but his heart was in the right place" sorta deal.

The one thing that this has illuminated for me most of all is how few people realize that "creepy" is often just a somewhat polite way of saying "terrifying."

I keep seeing the po'bucker faction saying "It's not illegal to follow somebody".

Well no, if you're not hunting them down with a firearm. I mean, that should have factored in SOMEWHERE.

Even without the firearm, isn't there a point at which a person should be able to withhold their consent to be followed, and have that fucking respected? People keep bringing up the paparazzi and I'm like...

A: Horrible fucking example. Half the shit they get away with, a reasonable culture would call harassment and prosecute accordingly.

and

B: You know who the fuck the paparazzi are. They're not some unknown entity that just happens to be shadowing your movements. We're hardwired to respond to that situation in a very specific way, and unless you've undergone some serious training to decondition that very basic animal response, you're going to go into fight or flight and that may be a fun place to be for plenty of us, but it's not that safe a place to be for anybody.

Furthermore it kind of violates cognitive liberty: "Thou shalt not alter the consciousness of thy fellow men."

Following someone with a camera is also very different from following them with a gun.

Doktor Howl

I think people should follow Zimmerman around with a gun.

Forever.
Molon Lube

Pope Pixie Pickle

Interesting linkspam on the Martin verdict.

http://feministing.com/2013/07/16/white-womanhood-protectionism-and-complicity-in-injustice-for-trayvon/

This one was interesting as it asks "why the fuck did we expect 6 white women who would have unconsciously clutched their purses when Trayvon or any other teen black boy to give any kind of justice"

http://www.buzzfeed.com/hnigatu/works-of-art-paying-tribute-to-trayvon-martin

Doktor Howl

My prediction is that Zimmerman will be dead by his own hand or someone elses, or be back in the clink, before this time next year.

I'm not saying that's a good thing.  I'm just saying that it's going to happen.
Molon Lube

Pergamos

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 16, 2013, 10:28:12 PM
Quote from: Pergamos on July 16, 2013, 10:27:10 PM

Wasn't abuse, it was catting around what done him in.

good, cheaters deserve unfavorable divorce proceedings, not castration.  I'm glad they sewed his wang back on.  When I thought he was abusive I wasn't glad.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Pergamos on July 16, 2013, 10:33:04 PM
good, cheaters deserve unfavorable divorce proceedings, not castration.  I'm glad they sewed his wang back on.  When I thought he was abusive I wasn't glad.

I'm not certain I like the idea of whacking anyone's bits off for perceived crimes or wrongdoings.  Under any circumstances.
Molon Lube

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 16, 2013, 10:34:40 PM

I'm not certain I like the idea of whacking anyone's bits off for perceived crimes or wrongdoings.  Under any circumstances.

THIS.

unless someone is attempting to injure you with cock, to not lop off.

Cheating can involve emotional abuse (gaslighting, lying, ect) tho.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Yeah. Higgamus hoggamus, that's a big pile of wangs.

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 16, 2013, 10:31:59 PM
My prediction is that Zimmerman will be dead by his own hand or someone elses, or be back in the clink, before this time next year.

You've been right about everything so far. Can't say I'll be sorry when it happens.

Curious how you get "by his own hand", though? He strikes me as the kind of ratbag who would off everybody ELSE.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Doktor Howl

Quote from: stelz on July 16, 2013, 10:41:47 PM

Yeah. Higgamus hoggamus, that's a big pile of wangs.

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 16, 2013, 10:31:59 PM

You've been right about everything so far. Can't say I'll be sorry when it happens.

Curious how you get "by his own hand", though? He strikes me as the kind of ratbag who would off everybody ELSE.

Nope.  He's a chickenshit.  He will fold up like a house of cards when he finally realizes that this is never going to be over...I'd say about a month after the talk-show backlash kicks in.
Molon Lube

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Paranoia will do things to a man. Even if it's reasonable-ish:

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/zimmermans-brother-we-have-concerns-of-having-our-phones-tapped-by-the-administration/

QuoteWe do have concerns and always have of having our phones tapped, having our phones listened to by the administration or whomever," Zimmerman said. "A lot of the things that we do are connecting in person—that's how we've managed to stay hidden for so long. It's kind of old school, but it works...We're back to what we were doing in March of 2012, because it's right in everybody's mind right now."

Edit: Quote is from his brother. Zimmerman hasn't left his house.
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

Anna Mae Bollocks

A chickenshit recluse. At least Howard Hughes had a sack.

Yeah, I can see it.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Golden Applesauce

Aaaand juror B37 has a book deal already. Don't know which news article to link to, but she's all the hits for B37 right now. Apparently the whole video of her jury selection thing is published somewhere.
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.