News:

There are no innocents, only the squeamish and the aroused.

Main Menu

I HAZ QUESTION

Started by Freeky, March 16, 2012, 06:37:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeky

If you freeze scrambled eggs, do they get gross in either their consistency or taste?

LMNO

I haven't even tried this, but I'd say yes.

Perhaps a fritatta or quiche would do better, but scrambled eggs?  Blech.

Freeky

Righteo.  I figured as much, but wanted to ask because I'm making pad thai and sending it through the mail. :lulz:

East Coast Hustle

unless you have a blast freezer they won't freeze well.

However, they also have no business being in phad thai. (personal opinion, not authoritative culinary statement)

fish sauce, palm sugar, tamarind juice, dried chili flakes, lime juice, rice noodles, shrimp, chopped peanuts, bean sprouts, scallions, chopped banana flowers if you can find them. Anything else is IMO the thai version of american "chinese" food.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

That said, I have had plenty of delicious erroneously americanized versions of phad thai.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Freeky

I made a sort of authentic one before, but it didn't come out well.  Too big a batch. 

This one is definitely a bastardized version, and I'm not afraid to admit it.

East Coast Hustle

Hey, the only thing that really matters is that it's a delicious bastardized version. And yeah, I've found that I can't make more than one or two servings at a go or shit starts to get all glued together.

Freeky

Is extremely delicious. :)