News:

The characteristic feature of the loser is to bemoan, in general terms, mankind's flaws, biases, contradictions and irrationality-without exploiting them for fun and profit

Main Menu

There's really not much point to this, anymore.

Started by Doktor Howl, March 26, 2012, 08:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: navkat on March 28, 2012, 04:43:52 AM
wELL PULL UP A CHAIR, THEN! i NEEDS SOME ABUSING AND i HEARD YOU JUST BOUGHT A NEW SET OF THEM BOXING MITTENS.

YOU'RE SICK, MISTER!
Molon Lube

navkat

Doktor Howl

Quote from: navkat on March 28, 2012, 04:47:46 AM
You don't know the half of it, cupcake.  :horrormirth:

I, on the other hand, am the king of stable thinking and not at all the king of hellish mood swings.
Molon Lube

Placid Dingo

What I mean to say is that the stuff posted here recently isn't the kind of thing I'm usually into, and judging by responses, what I'm posing isn't generally taking a lot of interest either. That's ok; it just means I'm in a bit of a low posting stage.

I'm still poking the PUAs btw.

I came here first learning about Discordia, and actually gave up on it when I read the 'recommended Discordian works and saw someone getting flamed for recommending RAW. In the end I got back here after reading and enjoying the Intermittens stuff. One of my first posts was to declare I wanted to edit an edition. So projects like that are good.

As for gettin a project going? I don't know. I'm not honestly optimistic, but like I said, I think things are cyclical. This time next year there could be an influx of creative energy bubbling away.

I still post and will continue to. But right now there's not a lot of discussions that 'click'.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Scribbly

Just some thoughts re: content.

Most people won't expect daily brilliance. That's something that is/was all but unique to PD.com. Take a step back and take an objective look at what IS available, and you've got some great writing scattered about the board particularly in Or Kill Me, Aneristic Illusions, and TFYS, which are clearly labelled as the 'content' areas of the site (as far as someone reading Roger's flyer would see it).

And then you dig deeper and you find more awesome stuff in every other subforum.

What might be helpful would be stickying up some of the best examples, maybe, or putting together a newbie guide - a sort of 'narrated tour of PD.com', but from looking at other forums, I think we're pretty good content-wise, really.
I had an existential crisis and all I got was this stupid gender.

Placid Dingo

Also re: trolling.

I'm wondering if the same rules apply.

Seems to be find target, assult, repeat.

Is that still the best strategy? I just know I saw an intercaction at the PUA site along the lines of "hey, you're here too? See you at stylelife."

If someone decided to irritate us by hitting here, eb&g and the Facebook page at once, it would be super effective.

Is the new perfect troll a community troll?
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

navkat

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 28, 2012, 04:51:21 AM
Quote from: navkat on March 28, 2012, 04:47:46 AM
You don't know the half of it, cupcake.  :horrormirth:

I, on the other hand, am the king of stable thinking and not at all the king of hellish mood swings.

Quote from: Demolition_Squid on March 28, 2012, 07:05:17 AM
Just some thoughts re: content.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cleveland%20steamer
Quote1.    Cleveland Steamer    215 up, 85 down

When you put plastic wrap over someone's mouth and shit inside their mouth. The plastic wrap then acts as a shit condom inside their mouth.
Try to use heavy duty plastic wrap when giving a Cleveland Steamer- unless the recipient doesn't mind a little corn in their diet.

You were saying..?

hirley0

did U mean /-/ate? My guess is Yes | there will be no way
to LoVe ones way through " 0 UAYEB (POISONED) "

Quote from: rong on March 28, 2012, 12:24:33 AM
So the solution is more hate.

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

Quote from: Placid Dingo on March 28, 2012, 06:12:14 AM
I came here first learning about Discordia, and actually gave up on it when I read the 'recommended Discordian works and saw someone getting flamed for recommending RAW.

If you meet the Joycean/Leary ripoff artist on the road, kill him.

Honestly though, a lot of us here have read RAW, and some (myself included) had been holding him is a pseudo-guru status.  Which is laughable.  So, in the spirit of "Kill Your Idols", we trash him.

Dok Howl, however, hates his stinking guts.

Nephew Twiddleton

I think as far as the raw thing goes- i3! Was good but theres a difference between going "ok cool" and maybe going back to reread it time and again and a sort of... Gah. Let me get back to that thought. I just woke up and the brains not booted up quite yet.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

AFK

I've never read any RAW, probably never will.  Just don't have the time on my hands.

In fact, other than the PD, I don't think I've ready anything else that is part of the "mandatory reading" list. 

As I've described before, the PD really just made me more aware of stuff I was already thinking and feeling.  I just didn't have a label for it.  (How Discordian is that?)  So I never felt compelled to read any of those other things.  I like fleshing things out on my own and bouncing stuff off of some of the other spags here and those who used to be here. 

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on March 28, 2012, 02:01:07 PM
I came here first learning about Discordia, and actually gave up on it when I read the 'recommended Discordian works and saw someone getting flamed for recommending RAW.

Honestly though, a lot of us here have read RAW, and some (myself included) had been holding him is a pseudo-guru status.  Which is laughable.  So, in the spirit of "Kill Your Idols", we trash him.

HE CAN'T END A FUCKING STORY WITHOUT DESCENDING INTO BABBLING.
Molon Lube

LMNO

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 28, 2012, 02:52:34 PM

FLYING-SAILING ON WINDLESS FIELDS WITH YEELLOWBLUEORANGE CLOUDS OF DRIPPING EFFLUENCE MASHING THE FOREVER DAYS INTO ENDLESS NOTCHES OF MARITIME MOORISH MAHOGANY MEN WITH BULGES AND BALONEY AND POPSICLE ENTRANCES TO CAVERNS OF GOLD AND SILVER AND PLATTER-NUMS HELD TO STANDARDS BEARING STANDARD TO STAND AND DELIVER FNORD.

The end.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on March 28, 2012, 02:59:24 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 28, 2012, 02:52:34 PM

FLYING-SAILING ON WINDLESS FIELDS WITH YEELLOWBLUEORANGE CLOUDS OF DRIPPING EFFLUENCE MASHING THE FOREVER DAYS INTO ENDLESS NOTCHES OF MARITIME MOORISH MAHOGANY MEN WITH BULGES AND BALONEY AND POPSICLE ENTRANCES TO CAVERNS OF GOLD AND SILVER AND PLATTER-NUMS HELD TO STANDARDS BEARING STANDARD TO STAND AND DELIVER FNORD.

The end.

:crankey:

I READ LIKE 1500 PAGES, AND THEN IT ENDS LIKE THAT!
Molon Lube