News:

Several times a month, I will be in a store aisle reaching for something and feel a hand going up the inside of my thigh. When I turn around to find myself alone with a woman, and ask her if she would prefer me to hold still so she can get a better feel for the situation, oftentimes she will act "shocked" claiming nothing had happened, it must be somebody else...

Main Menu

Smartest Guy in the Room Syndrome

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, March 29, 2012, 03:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on March 29, 2012, 11:02:21 PM
The Smartest Guy in the Room is that fucking guy who calls himself an author, even though he's never written anything longer than a ten page essay and will never ever get published.

Actually, that's a libertarian.   :lulz:
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 29, 2012, 11:03:56 PM
Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on March 29, 2012, 11:02:21 PM
The Smartest Guy in the Room is that fucking guy who calls himself an author, even though he's never written anything longer than a ten page essay and will never ever get published.

Actually, that's a libertarian.   :lulz:

Which is, of course, the perfect example of TSGitR.
Molon Lube

Nephew Twiddleton

Dok- thanks for heads up. I have flat feet so comfort is a main consideration.

The smartest guy in the room is more than willing to show you his knife skills by using your throat as a target to pull back from at the last second at a barbecue. You didnt ask him about it and didnt know he considered himself a knife expert until a couple of seconds ago and didnt really warn you about the knife. He manages to not accidentally kill you but you keep your distance for the rest of the night. And you dont want to fight him because you know hes armed now. :lulz:
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

You need something done and your friend says "i know a guy."

you dont need something done and sgitr says "i know a guy" smirks and then points at himself with both thumbs.

Q. G. Pennyworth

The Smartest Guy in the Room owns all of Mitnick's books, which clearly makes him a hacker. When he breaks into your computer by turning it on when you're away, it's your fault he read your emails because you saved passwords in your browser. It's totally inappropriate that you stole his diary.

Nephew Twiddleton

Sgitr corrects your pronunciation on a word (hes wrong of course) and then uses it incorrectly in conversation.

Sgitr when undeniably shown to be incorrect follows up with "oh sorry i thought you meant (blank). You were a little unclear in what you were saying."

everyone on yahoo is sgitr. They all point everyone else out as sgitr.

navkat

OP is the fucking SHIT, Nigel. I suffer from SGITRS from time to time so I'm gonna say he can be rehabilitated...but the only prescription for that fever is a heaping, humbling spoonful of I'm A Complete Dumbshit elixir.

I feel this from the other side as well: being exposed to people who don't listen. You have what you think is a debate or a conversation and they're so busy trying to school you that they interrupt you mid-sentence: sometimes even to make the same point you were trying to make before they cut you off. Interrupting them to point it out is useless. SGITRS tend to believe they've heard enough of your side to "sum up" your argument and attack all the holes and only become impatient with your forcing them to finish listening to a point they feel is redundant.

The only treatment for SGITRS (pronounced: ess-JITTERS) is to have life kick the ever-living crap out of you and pull down your pance in front of everyone.

Nephew Twiddleton

Nephew Twiddleton

When the sgitr changes his mind mid debated (a rare thing) he says "yes exactly. Now you get what ive been trying to say."

Nephew Twiddleton

I hope this is not premature but i think this thread, a little bit of sleep dep, and beer are going to lead to holiness tonight that i will try and channel into other things.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I've been pronouncing it like "skitters" in my head, but with a hard g instead of a k.

I've never seen a case of full-blown SGitR Syndrome be rehabilitated... perhaps it's possible, but in most cases it's just smart people exhibiting SGitR behavior, not a diagnosable case of the syndrome.

All kids are hyper and distractible sometimes, right? And they usually grow out of it.

Most smart kids have a tough transition to adulthood, because once you hit adulthood, you don't get cookies just for being smart anymore. You have to actually accomplish something with all that smartness. That creates a difficult patch for kids who have gotten used to everyone fawning over them just for being smart; a know-it-all adult is not particularly endearing. So they grow out of it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: An Twidsteoir on March 29, 2012, 11:53:40 PM
I hope this is not premature but i think this thread, a little bit of sleep dep, and beer are going to lead to holiness tonight that i will try and channel into other things.

Ooooh, I hope so!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

I think sgitr syndrome is a chronic incurable thing but sgitr social dysfunction disorder is ultimately treatable.

Nephew Twiddleton

Both are offshoots of thatguyism once that guy reaches his pinnacle. But with the social dysfunction disorder sgitr realizes that he used to be that guy and he used to not be as smart as he thinks he is now and maybe still isnt.

Nephew Twiddleton

Something may be posted in principia discussion on grounds of beginnings of a holy book. We shall see. I may put it elsewhere too. But i think the fermentation process on this thought is there.