News:

That's okay, I know how to turn my washing machine into a centrifuge if need be.

Main Menu

Notes on Being the Villain, part I

Started by Doktor Howl, April 04, 2012, 05:38:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on April 04, 2012, 08:12:29 PM

If it's not that, it might be like that story about Yahveh and Satan making bets about how much shit Job could take.

Which I'm pretty sure is malevolent.
Molon Lube

LMNO

And when called on his bullshit, JHVH basically said, "fuck you, I've got the power."

And then he said, "It's getting, it's getting, it's getting kind of hectic."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on April 04, 2012, 08:29:54 PM
And when called on his bullshit, JHVH basically said, "fuck you, I've got the power."

And then he said, "It's getting, it's getting, it's getting kind of hectic."

JOB, IMA DROP THA FUNK BOMB ON YA.
Molon Lube

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on April 04, 2012, 07:55:53 PM
If I don't want to deal with a problem, I tend to distract myself with people or things I actually LIKE, which might be another side of the same coin. Or not, since most of the shit I worry about is pretty unfixable and I really don't care to run my blood pressure up.

I've found that sometimes not dealing with the problem is actually the best course of action to take in that my lack of attention allows the problem to solve itself.

Freeky

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 04, 2012, 05:38:11 PM
Do YOU have a drug?  Is there some person or thing in your life that you project all your problems onto, to avoid the drudgery of actually trying to figure out what's going on?  Can you admit - to yourself - that you have this sort of addiction?  And if so, can you bring yourself to walk away from it, or are you merely going to spend the rest of your life in the monkeyhouse?

Huh.  I am thinking about this, and I'm either coming up with "I blame myself for every little thing," or nothing at all.

cris

Quote from: The Freeky of SCIENCE! on April 04, 2012, 11:05:37 PM
Do YOU have a drug?  Is there some person or thing in your life that you project all your problems onto, to avoid the drudgery of actually trying to figure out what's going on?  Can you admit - to yourself - that you have this sort of addiction?  And if so, can you bring yourself to walk away from it, or are you merely going to spend the rest of your life in the monkeyhouse?

Huh.  I am thinking about this, and I'm either coming up with "I blame myself for every little thing," or nothing at all.

Dok I hardly even know you, but when you go on fizzygrizzly, everyone there looks up to you, you're that one grown up badass that has an awesome sense of humor. Even when you dont amuse us, we forgive you. Not everyone can be a badass 100% of the time.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: cris on April 04, 2012, 11:33:59 PM
Quote from: The Freeky of SCIENCE! on April 04, 2012, 11:05:37 PM

Dok I hardly even know you, but when you go on fizzygrizzly, everyone there looks up to you, you're that one grown up badass that has an awesome sense of humor. Even when you dont amuse us, we forgive you. Not everyone can be a badass 100% of the time.

Fizzygrizzly just outclassed a bunch of older people that should know better.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

rong

roger - i noticed you didn't include in your categories "people that hate you because you hate them"

allow me to elaborate:

i get the feeling you hate me.

often times, you will respond to one of my posts with something that i will interpret as a poke or a stab.  i'm never sure if you're just being a prick to me because you don't like me - or if you just want to tussle.

sometimes i will attempt to "walk away" - other times i will "step up" and things escalate. 

so - do you like to fight or fighting's sake - or do you genuinely despise me?

oh shit, that's right - this is the internet, so no matter what you say, i won't be sure if it's genuine or not

"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

Doktor Howl

Quote from: rong on April 05, 2012, 02:21:04 AM

oh shit, that's right - this is the internet, so no matter what you say, i won't be sure if it's genuine or not

Then there's no point in me answering, is there?

Molon Lube

rong

Doktor Howl

Quote from: rong on April 05, 2012, 02:31:04 AM
i guess not

Right, then.  Now bugger off and call someone else a liar, kid.  It doesn't get under my skin anymore, you've done this shit too often.
Molon Lube

rong

Doktor Howl

Quote from: rong on April 05, 2012, 02:35:21 AM
i called you a liar?

Yeah.  The last sentence of your post.

You asked me a straightforward question, then implied that my answer would be a lie.

Seriously, kid...Go indulge your aspergers on someone else.
Molon Lube

rong

kind of a stretch to imply that i was preemptively calling you a liar.

so, is this fisticuffs for fun? or is it for keepsies?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: rong on April 05, 2012, 02:39:25 AM
kind of a stretch to imply that i was preemptively calling you a liar.

So what DID it mean? 
Molon Lube