News:

PD may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds.  If PD splits open, do not look directly at resulting goo.  PD is still legal in 14 states.

Main Menu

[BAR RECIPE] navakat's Sazerac variation

Started by navkat, April 09, 2012, 02:00:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

navkat

You will need:
2 oz. Rye whiskey
0.2 oz. French style absinthe or Herbsaint
1 tbsp REGULAR simple syrup (2:1 syrup, not bartender's simple syrup which is 1:1)
4 drops Peychaud's bitters
1 drop Angostura bitters (optional)
2 drops Fee Brothers Orange bitters (optional)
1 substantial piece of orange peel
1 pre-chilled rocks glass

Pour the Absinthe or Herbsaint into your prechilled rocks glass and swirl around the glass until the entire inside is coated. Rim the glass with orange oil by rubbing the orange peel around it.

In a separate shotglass, mix the simple syrup, Peychaud's bitters and the Angostura and Orange bitters (if desired)

Put your 2 oz. Rye into the glass, toss your bitters mixture on top and stir.

A New Orleans purist would say here to garnish the glass with the orange (or lemon) peel and let the orange oil drip down the glass into the drink. I say, shove that puppy into the empty glass and pour the rye on top.

This is a fragrant drink, intended to be savored. Shown here with some big, mufuggin crawfish and the PD.com ubiquitous book. Enjoy!

navkat

Photo fixed for vertical scrollage. Sry. Working from a smartphone.

Anna Mae Bollocks

That looks awesome. It's always a shame to waste perfectly good alcohol mixing it with cola.

Been thinking of trying this one out, if I can even FIND white chocolate powder. I'm a sucker for sweet buzzy stuff.  :p

1 oz. Strega

½ oz. white crème de cacao

1 oz. cream

Cardamom bitters to taste

Glass: Cocktail, rimmed with white chocolate powder.

Method: Shaken over ice & strained.

Garnish: Dust with nutmeg.

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division