News:

Your political affiliations, your brand loyalties, and your opinions are all quicker, easier, and contain no user-serviceable parts.

Main Menu

Gremlins

Started by Doktor Howl, April 09, 2012, 05:21:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

It takes a rational man to believe in gremlins.  Current scientific thinking states that such creatures most probably do not exist, and therefore most people believe they don't.  But, when looked at objectively, a world without gremlins leaves entirely too many unanswered questions.

"Why did this machine, which just passed a rigorous inspection, suddenly and catastrophically fail?"

"Why is there a disproportionate number of breakdowns on the weekend?"

"Why do I get so many bad parts brand new out of the box?"

"Why do failures always happen when nobody is present?"

I'm forming a hypothesis that WWII aviators were in fact correct, and that little green men are fucking with my plant...And my house (a shelving unit collapsed AFTER we unloaded it to pack).  I have nothing but statistical weirdness to point at the existence of these creatures, of course, and other hypothesises are possible.  "Tucson", for example.

But Tucson doesn't explain why - no matter WHERE you are - if you only buy one oil seal, you will ruin it during installation...But if you buy two, the first one goes in slicker than goose shit.

So, for the moment, I'm going with both ideas.  Little green men in Tucson, fucking with my shit.  I should lay traps for the little bastards.  Or are you supposed to leave a saucer of milk out?  Can somebody who's full of Irish explain the protocol to me?

Thanks.

Okay for now,
Dok
Molon Lube

Nephew Twiddleton

Gremlins arent ours i dont think. I dont know the proper method of placating them. I recommend trapping and releasing in other peoples machinery.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Anna Mae Bollocks

They're probably working for Tuscon. The trapped souls of captured retirees.
Fuck milk, catch 'em with bourbon.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

East Coast Hustle

Gremlins aren't Irish, they're probably Russian. Those bastards have twisted sense of humor, especially when it comes to engineering.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"