News:

Testamonial:  And i have actually gone to a bar and had a bouncer try to start a fight with me on the way in. I broke his teeth out of his fucking mouth and put his face through a passenger side window of a car.

Guess thats what the Internet was build for, pussy motherfuckers taking shit in safety...

Main Menu

Recruitment

Started by Doktor Howl, March 27, 2012, 08:34:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q. G. Pennyworth

For the QR code, I think we would probably get the best conversion rate by having an actual landing page to send them to, instead of the forum index. I've put together a draft of what that thread could be, but I'd really like some help refining the message (especially since I really haven't been here long enough to qualify as a spokesperson for shit). I think it could benefit from some more sunshiny dadaism being tossed in.
Welcome home, babycakes.

You haven't been here before, but the place is a memory waiting to happen, a shadow so long it appears before the light. She does it to all of us, in her own way. Sorry about that.

You've felt it before, in your jitters and whatifs, the butterflies in your stomach and the throbbing hangover, all the joys and sorrows and strangeness that is your life. She's the heartbeat of the world, and she can't decide if it's a samba or a dirge. She's the smiles of toddlers and serial killers. Her laughter launches tsunamis and her footsteps crack tectonic plates. She's the slow heat death of the universe, and she will fuck with you just for the fun of it.

No, you can't just go home now.

Chaos is with us in everything, whether we choose to see it or not. It shaped our world, runs our weather, it makes of us whatever we are to become with very little regard for our personal narratives or reality filters. She's already got you. She always has.

We are a bunch of weirdos who have chosen to look at the world through the lens of Discordianism, in one form or another. We argue and got lost in tangents, but we also create and think and grow together in ways that we could not on our own. You're welcome to join us or run along now.

But Eris has you either way.

Good luck, babycakes.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on March 30, 2012, 03:56:44 AM
For the QR code, I think we would probably get the best conversion rate by having an actual landing page to send them to, instead of the forum index. I've put together a draft of what that thread could be, but I'd really like some help refining the message (especially since I really haven't been here long enough to qualify as a spokesperson for shit). I think it could benefit from some more sunshiny dadaism being tossed in.
Welcome home, babycakes.

You haven't been here before, but the place is a memory waiting to happen, a shadow so long it appears before the light. She does it to all of us, in her own way. Sorry about that.

You've felt it before, in your jitters and whatifs, the butterflies in your stomach and the throbbing hangover, all the joys and sorrows and strangeness that is your life. She's the heartbeat of the world, and she can't decide if it's a samba or a dirge. She's the smiles of toddlers and serial killers. Her laughter launches tsunamis and her footsteps crack tectonic plates. She's the slow heat death of the universe, and she will fuck with you just for the fun of it.

No, you can't just go home now.

Chaos is with us in everything, whether we choose to see it or not. It shaped our world, runs our weather, it makes of us whatever we are to become with very little regard for our personal narratives or reality filters. She's already got you. She always has.

We are a bunch of weirdos who have chosen to look at the world through the lens of Discordianism, in one form or another. We argue and got lost in tangents, but we also create and think and grow together in ways that we could not on our own. You're welcome to join us or run along now.

But Eris has you either way.

Good luck, babycakes.

I like where it is trying to go but, to me it seems the point of Discordianism isn't to look through the world through a specific lens, but to question the lenses you are using and craft new ones.

Also, BUMP

Nephew Twiddleton

Hmmm.... This gave me an idea. Let me think it out a bit more. :twid writes a note to self:
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Don Coyote

I do love the posters.

Nephew Twiddleton

Ok im going to throw my half assed idea out there. Cf my costume thread in omf. Do you live in a city? You know those clipboard people you see up ahead and cross the street to try and avoid only to be confronted with their partner? Oh its a good cause sure and you youll donate whenever you can to the multitude of causes. But what if you are walking down say boylston street and you run into either gogira or twid and they dont want your money at all. They just want to fuck with your head and maybe just maybe get you to reg to the forum. For free. Thoughts?

Don Coyote

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on April 11, 2012, 06:45:44 AM
Ok im going to throw my half assed idea out there. Cf my costume thread in omf. Do you live in a city? You know those clipboard people you see up ahead and cross the street to try and avoid only to be confronted with their partner? Oh its a good cause sure and you youll donate whenever you can to the multitude of causes. But what if you are walking down say boylston street and you run into either gogira or twid and they dont want your money at all. They just want to fuck with your head and maybe just maybe get you to reg to the forum. For free. Thoughts?

Crazy apocalyptic sandwich people?

Nephew Twiddleton

Clipboard people. Not sandwich people. There doesnt even have to be anything on the clipboard. Even better if there isnt and you hold your arms out to show them. You just have a retarded t shirt and an empty clipboard.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on April 11, 2012, 07:17:00 AM
Clipboard people. Not sandwich people. There doesnt even have to be anything on the clipboard. Even better if there isnt and you hold your arms out to show them. You just have a retarded t shirt and an empty clipboard.

Hrm, I think I might like this idea.

Nephew Twiddleton

I feel it needs some tweaking but the skeleton is there. Especially if they notice that theres nothing on the clipboard. But even better if you can give them the spiel about some dire need relating to discordia they agree and then you ask them to write their info down and theres nothing there. When they comment on it say something like "now youre paying attention!" or "thats what they want you to think."