News:

By the power of lulz, I, while living, have conquered the internets.

Main Menu

Gadgets

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, April 12, 2012, 05:10:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

That guy right there, playing his game and missing his stop.

The driver who's too busy with their cell phone to pay attention to the road. Man that car is banged up.

The other person tweeting about it with the hash tag moron drivers.

The person posting on facebook with some stupid status update.

And yet another who has to respond to it right now.

The woman I pass by on the street arguing with her boyfriend over the phone for everyone to hear. Just fucking dump him if he's threatening you. Congrats, now I know only one superficial thing about you and your dying relationship.

Look at that guy over there with his iPhone, listening to music on the bus without any headphones on. Obnoxious asshole.

Ok, read that novel on your iPad. Not me. I like a good old book made out of real paper. Fah!

Stop emailing your boss while walking. You're off the fucking clock.

Heheh, that one walked into a pole while texting. Look up once in a while!

Are you talking to yourself? Oh, no, you're on the phone and you have one of those ear pieces constantly attached to your head. Yeah you look cool.

Too inept to do something on your own? There's an app for that.

Did you just use internet speak in an actual conversation with a real person? What the hell is wrong with you?

Don't send me a text if you can't use proper English spellings you lazy ass.

Don't check me in to the bar that we went to. It's no one's business but my own. Put it down and have a drink with me.

No I won't accept your request for that birthday calendar thing. It already says what your birthday is on your profile, just in case I forgot.

I see you brought your laptop to the café. How about you enjoy your coffee? You spent a lot of money on it, so you might as well notice what it tastes like. Brew it at home if you can't be bothered.

Gadgets. Fucking gadgets everywhere. People always attached to their gadgets. Fuck 'em. They have no idea what's going on around them. Best to ignore them with my gadget.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

A cutting parody of all the self-righteous premature curmudgeons who pass judgement about what other people ought to be doing with their time? I like it!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Nigel on April 12, 2012, 06:33:32 AM
A cutting parody of all the self-righteous premature curmudgeons who pass judgement about what other people ought to be doing with their time? I like it!

I catch myself doing it sometimes. Actually the phone conversation about the boyfriend threatening her I actually heard yesterday. She said something like, "Well, if you stop threatening me for 5 minutes, maybe I'd be more willing to put into this relationship!" and I thought, "Fuck man! Just dump the bastard! I gotta tell PD about this shit! Oh.... well. I have something for OKM now."

Nephew Twiddleton

The thought was more like, "Just dump the bastard! And why are you having this sort of conversation on a cell phone in one of the busiest parts of Huntington Ave? Wait til you get home! Tell him you'll call him back! You're crossing a fucking street!"

But the thought was very rapid, and got condensed into the previous, word wise.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on April 12, 2012, 06:53:15 AM
The thought was more like, "Just dump the bastard! And why are you having this sort of conversation on a cell phone in one of the busiest parts of Huntington Ave? Wait til you get home! Tell him you'll call him back! You're crossing a fucking street!"

I have wondered that at times.

But then I remember the time I stood on a street in Seaside, screaming at my husband.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Nigel on April 12, 2012, 07:04:50 AM

But then I remember the time I stood on a street in Seaside, screaming at my husband.

It happens. People lose their cool. And sometimes you forget you're people. Kinda like what I felt yesterday. I remembered I was people too.

ETA: I've had the cell phone argument before, and was very self-conscious about it, like I needed to duck into an alley or something.

LMNO

Quote from: Nigel on April 12, 2012, 06:33:32 AM

Whoah!  Double Meta!

Q. G. Pennyworth

Thoroughly enjoyable :D

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Nigel on April 12, 2012, 07:04:50 AM

Some people will push you to that point, where you temporarily don't care what people think, or whether you get run over crossing the street. If he was making threats, it's possible that the only time she could tell him off without getting smacked was over the phone, too.

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division