News:

Look at the world emptily, and it will gladly return the favor.

Main Menu

The cause of Bush's victory, or, the death of the Dems.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, November 03, 2004, 07:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Bob the Mediocre
Quote from: The Commanderi know it sucks that Bush got elected, but I hardly see this as the death of the democratic party.  Almost half of the population expressed displeasure with Bush.  this was by no means a landslide for him.

Yes, but that's saying they disliked Bush, not that they liked Kerry, or what's happened to the Democrats. Things are becoming too entrenched. I'd like to see a third party, too.

I'd like to see monkeys roll out of your ass on unicycles, which is just as likely.

HINT:  You go NOWHERE in politics without funding, and the corporations that run Fat City sure as hell aren't going to pay off THREE of them, when they can just fund two, or even one.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Anonymous

East Coast Hustle

we've already seen...how much more proof do you need? stop deluding yourself, go get a bunch of guns and grenades, buckle your seatbelt, and wait for the fun to begin....

8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Bob the Mediocre

Quote from: The Good Reverend RogerI'd like to see monkeys roll out of your ass on unicycles, which is just as likely.

HINT:  You go NOWHERE in politics without funding, and the corporations that run Fat City sure as hell aren't going to pay off THREE of them, when they can just fund two, or even one.

Yeah. We need to mess with the laws of probability. Where's the Star Trek technobable when you need it?

Or we need to give Dubya a unicycle, so he kills himself.

I wish I could still delude myself into thinking a 3rd party could work.
"we are building a religion
we are making a brand
we're the only ones to turn to when your castles turn to sand
take a bite of this apple
mister corporate events
take a walk through the jungle
of cardboard shanties and tents
some people drink pepsi
some people drink coke
the wacky morning dj says democracy's a joke
he says now do you believe in the one big song
he is now accepting callers who would like to sing along"

I AM A COMPLETE AND UTTER FUCKING IDIOT!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Turd Fergusonwe've already seen...how much more proof do you need? stop deluding yourself, go get a bunch of guns and grenades, buckle your seatbelt, and wait for the fun to begin....

8)

Okay.

You go first.

The Good Rev,
Knows that This is one reason there will be no revolution.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

fluffy

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
Quote from: Turd Fergusonwe've already seen...how much more proof do you need? stop deluding yourself, go get a bunch of guns and grenades, buckle your seatbelt, and wait for the fun to begin....

8)

Okay.

You go first.

The Good Rev,

::hops on Roger's head::

you promised me an apocolypse!

where is my apocolypse?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: fluffy

8)

Okay.

You go first.

The Good Rev,

where is my apocolypse?

Is that some wierd calypso thing?

I mean, I know what an apocalypse is.

Silly rabbit.

DJRubberducky

Quote from: Jimmy BuffettThey say this universe is bound to blow
But I say we crank up the calypso control
Apocalyp, apocalyp, apocalypso...
- DJRubberducky
Quote from: LMNODJ's post is sort of like those pills you drop into a glass of water, and they expand into a dinosaur, or something.

Black sheep are still sheep.

fluffy

Quote from: fluffy

8)

Okay.

You go first.

The Good Rev,

where is my apocolypse?

Is that some wierd calypso thing?

I mean, I know what an apocalypse is.

Silly rabbit.

speiling nazi
phhhfffffttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
u no wut eye ment

CannedLizard

Quote from: AnonymousWe shall see, Roger, we shall see.

*cough* Vote Libertarian *cough*

Why, that sounds like a good idea!

Oh look, bleach! I think I'll DRINK it, before I VOTE LIBERTARIAN!

Fucking Libertarians.
POEE Pre-Chaplain Neon Irwin of the Bahumbug Pre-Cabal, CG, UE, KoBaSN

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: CannedLizard
Quote from: AnonymousWe shall see, Roger, we shall see.

*cough* Vote Libertarian *cough*

Why, that sounds like a good idea!

Oh look, bleach! I think I'll DRINK it, before I VOTE LIBERTARIAN!

Fucking Libertarians.

Personally, I think I'll jam my head in a vise, and SLOOOOOOOOWWWWWLY turn it, just before I send my endorsement.

The Commander

Is there an Apocalypse party?  I mean a political party...not a get drunk and celebrate party....although I guess the two are not mutually exclusive.....

The Commander
DIA
The Commander
DIA
Discordian Intelligence Agency

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The CommanderIs there an Apocalypse party?  

Yes, we call them "republicans".

Bringing armageddon to YUO!

The Commander

I'm curious to see how the Bush administration decides to organize the political system in Iraq.  How many political parties will there be?  Will it be a winner take all, electoral college system like us?  Or perhaps the administration will get crazy and let the Iraqis decide for themselves.

The Commander(Member of the Free Cabbage Party)
DIA
The Commander
DIA
Discordian Intelligence Agency

CannedLizard

Quote from: The CommanderI'm curious to see how the Bush administration decides to organize the political system in Iraq.  How many political parties will there be?  Will it be a winner take all, electoral college system like us?  Or perhaps the administration will get crazy and let the Iraqis decide for themselves.

The Commander(Member of the Free Cabbage Party)
DIA

I seem to remember that there are about 150 candidates. Might have been an exageration.
POEE Pre-Chaplain Neon Irwin of the Bahumbug Pre-Cabal, CG, UE, KoBaSN