News:

Sometimes I rattle the cage and beat my head uselessly against its bars, but sometimes, I can shake one loose and use it as a dildo.

Main Menu

The cause of Bush's victory, or, the death of the Dems.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, November 03, 2004, 07:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: The CommanderI'm curious to see how the Bush administration decides to organize the political system in Iraq.  How many political parties will there be?  Will it be a winner take all, electoral college system like us?  Or perhaps the administration will get crazy and let the Iraqis decide for themselves.

The Commander(Member of the Free Cabbage Party)
DIA

There will be the 'haves' and the 'fucked' in Iraq. But then again, youknew that would be the score.
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The CommanderI'm curious to see how the Bush administration decides to organize the political system in Iraq.  How many political parties will there be?  Will it be a winner take all, electoral college system like us? Or perhaps the administration will get crazy and let the Iraqis decide for themselves.

The Commander(Member of the Free Cabbage Party)
DIA

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Bob the Mediocre

http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2004/11/19/saddam_chemical_weapons/index_np.html

QuoteHe and his coalition partners wanted a neat military coup to replace Saddam, not an uncontrolled revolt that could lead to chaos and the collapse of Iraq as a state, extending the influence of Iran. In an Iraqi vacuum, Bush and his national security advisor, Brent Scowcroft, wrote in "A World Transformed" in 1998, the United States "could conceivably" be drawn into becoming "an occupying power in a bitterly hostile land." They wanted a regime change, nothing more: a malleable general to take the place of the mercurial Saddam.

I don't know whether to laugh or weep. Saddam was the Good Guy against Iran, and the Utter Evil when he invaded Kuwait and threatened Saudi Arabia (Good Guys, of course). So they wanted (and still do) a Good Guy (or at the least, a stooge) to take over. Of course, whoever he is, he won't be like Saddam. Why would he? It's not like being labelled Evil by your countrymen for being a tool of the Evil Invaders would lead to any stress, is it?
But it's all okay, it's going to be fine. Iran wanted Bush to be reelected, so it's not like they'll be any trouble, right?

Excuse me, I think I'll be going insane sooner than I'd planned. Thanks
"we are building a religion
we are making a brand
we're the only ones to turn to when your castles turn to sand
take a bite of this apple
mister corporate events
take a walk through the jungle
of cardboard shanties and tents
some people drink pepsi
some people drink coke
the wacky morning dj says democracy's a joke
he says now do you believe in the one big song
he is now accepting callers who would like to sing along"

I AM A COMPLETE AND UTTER FUCKING IDIOT!

The Commander

So what is the groups assessment of things now?  Are stooges running things?  Is the US?  Are the Iraqis themselves?

Are any of you familiar with Stratfor Intelligence Reports or with Michael Yon?

The Commander
DIA
The Commander
DIA
Discordian Intelligence Agency

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The CommanderSo what is the groups assessment of things now?  

SNAFU.

You were expecting...?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Commander

True, but I wonder how much the public perception of things is skewed by media bias.  i don't mean left bias or right bias...I mean infotainment bias.  Apart from Michael Yon no one is really reporting how bad ass and amazing alot of the grunts on the ground really are.  It doesn't sell.  Not in the same way talking about how effective or uneffective the attacks by the insurgents are.

No one is talking about the real reason we went to war besides Stratfor and its founder Mr. Friedman.  It's much easier to concentrate on how the administration lied about the reasons for war (which all administrations do)(not that that makes it any less wrong). No one is really talking about the successes of what is happening over there.  Not that everything is rainbows and lollipops, but some things are going well.  Not EVERYONE hates us, and while similar it is NOT another vietnam.

Of course, I'm approaching all this from my own bias.  Sure, I'm a left wing radical, but in addition, not only am I in the Military, but I also work in Intelligence.  So perhaps my filter on all of this is a little strange.

The Commander
DIA
The Commander
DIA

Cain

Nope, its another Lebanon, if you want another analogy.  They had alot of Shia too, and they originally backed the Israeli attack.  If Sistani dies unexpectedly and al-Sadr's doctine gets wider recieval...

Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy

The Kurds love us and are dying to protect us.  I didn't hear that from the news, are they covering that at all?

Cain

The Kurds want their own country, which they are never going to get from the USA, as it would mean destabalizing a NATO ally, which kinda looks really bad.  They're sticking with the USA for now, because the US is wreaking havoc on the bastards who've hurt them for many years, but its stretching it alot to use the word "love".  Its more like "put up with, for the moment."

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

I just really believe that the Dems failed because they suck at life worse than the Republicans nowadays.

Sad.

The republic is dead.

Who is going to play for Caesar's role?

Enrico Salazar

Quote from: Irreverend Death to Poultry, KSC

Enrico will do it.  He is learning to play violin right now.
Did someone say gorgeous?

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: Enrico Salazar

Good. Your audition starts next year. Prepare vigorously. (The winner of Caesar's role must be able to party for days on end in the old Roman style.)

Enrico Salazar

Good. Your audition starts next year. Prepare vigorously. (The winner of Caesar's role must be able to party for days on end in the old Roman style.)

Which means fucking goats while rubbing wine all over face and puking periodically in vomitorium?

Done.
Did someone say gorgeous?

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Which means fucking goats while rubbing wine all over face and puking periodically in vomitorium?

Done.

You got it. And don't forget the bath houses.

The Commander

I'm voting for Enrico.  At least, on the condition that I become leader of the new Praetorean Guard.

And that I get to have pie.

The Commander
DIA
The Commander
DIA