News:

Endorsement: "I could go so far as to say they simply use Discordianism as a mechanism for causing havoc, and an excuse for mischief."

Main Menu

The cause of Bush's victory, or, the death of the Dems.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, November 03, 2004, 07:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CannedLizard

Quote from: agent compassionNah I wore out Radiohead in college. Now it's Franz Ferdinand and System of a Down.

Franz Ferdinand does indeed rule; but for sheer, word-weary angst, I prefer my wail of Thom Yorke.
POEE Pre-Chaplain Neon Irwin of the Bahumbug Pre-Cabal, CG, UE, KoBaSN

Prickly

Quote from: Turd Ferguson
Quote from: LMNOThe division was so sharp, and so even, that there can only be one solution:

The blue states cede from the red.  We get The Northeast, California & Hawaii.  Y'all motherfuckers can have the south & The midwest.

Cf: Mad Dog, Texas in Illuminatus!  That's our gameplan.  Let's get to it.

It's not like they'd want us around, anyway.

unfortunately, there's no way in hell they'd let Cali go, or New England (except maybe Maine, but we'd be fucked on our own anyway)...but Washington and Oregon could probably pull it off if there was enough collective resolve, which of course, there never will be.... 8)

*cough* New Hampshire *cough*

*in drunken French accent* Viver la revolishun!
Pope Prickly the Pielyamorous Porcupine of the Bent Quarter Cabal and, more recently, the Sunrise If You Dare Cabal

Before the beginning, there was a 50/50 chance of either something or nothing existing. So, something and nothing decided to flip a coin to decide which of them would exist. However, in order for there to be a coin to flip, something had to have already won the toss. Therefore, you only exist because something is a cheating bastard.

Trollax.

Gone but not forgotten. I do have this to say. and seeing as how my time is short I'd like to give you my thousand words in an image...

Beware!

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Prickly
Quote from: Turd Ferguson
Quote from: LMNOThe division was so sharp, and so even, that there can only be one solution:

The blue states cede from the red.  We get The Northeast, California & Hawaii.  Y'all motherfuckers can have the south & The midwest.

Cf: Mad Dog, Texas in Illuminatus!  That's our gameplan.  Let's get to it.

It's not like they'd want us around, anyway.

unfortunately, there's no way in hell they'd let Cali go, or New England (except maybe Maine, but we'd be fucked on our own anyway)...but Washington and Oregon could probably pull it off if there was enough collective resolve, which of course, there never will be.... 8)

*cough* New Hampshire *cough*

*in drunken French accent* Viver la revolishun!

no offense, but I view New Hampshire as an unfortunate strip of land that I have to pass through on my way to Boston....your entire state has betrayed it's motto...the only saving grace you have is that your liquor store is wicked, wicked awesome...but you are NOT living free, and yet, you still live...that said, it is (un)certainly not a reflection on you as a person...all those with a revolutionary bent are welcome in the NSRA...especially those who live less than a 6 hour drive from me... 8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

fluffy

archPope Rocket P Llama

Eris needs to fuck Jesus. That would take care of both parts of the problem.

But rike everything erse, this whore goddam erection was just a rot of crock. Goddamn Mongorrians taking over the erection.

Tank you fo calling Shitty-Prez, you take my orders preaze.
His Empirical Majesty archPope Rocket P. Llama, King of the Jews, GTKoRO, aka RevRev. Tokeval D. Kroenik KHG
-Bastard Children of Andy Warhol Cabal-(BCOAW)
"Buck buck buck BCOAW"

Colonel Failure

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger<snip>

This, to me, signals the beginning of the end for my party. Fact is, the Dems have been going downhill since 1963...

<snip>

Any thoughts?

I'm still struggling with the concept of you admitting to an actual party affiliation. You always struck me as a 'don't stick no label on me, dammit' kind of a guy...

-CF
All I knew, all I believed
Are crumbling images
No longer comforting me.
Scramble to reach higher ground,
Order and sanity,
Something to comfort me.

I take what is mine, and hold what is mine,
Suffocate what is mine, and bury what's mine.
Soon the water will come
And claim what is mine.
I must leave it behind,
And climb to a new place now.

This ground is not the rock I thought it to be.

Tool, Flood

----------------
Do you believe
In the lies, the lies, the lies that shape your world?
Do you believe
In your own, your own, fictitious immortality?

The world won't end while you walk the earth
And when you realize that your life don't matter
You'll turn to something to help you forget
That you're only young once, old forever

And we become what we hate
(Don't think of us)

-Screeching Weasel, What We Hate[/size][/color]

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Colonel Failure

This, to me, signals the beginning of the end for my party. Fact is, the Dems have been going downhill since 1963...

<snip>

Any thoughts?

I'm still struggling with the concept of you admitting to an actual party affiliation. You always struck me as a 'don't stick no label on me, dammit' kind of a guy...

-CF

When you have a force for evil like the GOP, you'd better support whatever group has the best chance of beating them.

Besides, the Dems are FUNNIER.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Colonel Failure

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
Quote from: Colonel Failure

<snip>

Any thoughts?

-CF

When you have a force for evil like the GOP, you'd better support whatever group has the best chance of beating them.

Besides, the Dems are FUNNIER.

1. Point. Not exactly the Party of Lincoln anymore, huh? Hell, the party of Lincoln wasn't the party of... well, you know.

2. Well, duh... The dems have Barney Frank. The funniest guy the GOP has is the Idiot in Chief, and he doesn't mean to be... and anymore, I can't enjoy laughing at him, cause it's just gotten so pathetic...

5. Even so, though I might vote democratic more often than not, I wouldn't consider them 'my' party... I mean, it's not like they're actually going to be part of the solution. That notwithstanding, you get no argument from me about laying the current state of affairs squarely at the Grand Old Party's feet.
Are crumbling images
No longer comforting me.
Order and sanity,
Something to comfort me.

Soon the water will come
And claim what is mine.
I must leave it behind,

Tool, Flood

----------------
Do you believe
Do you believe

(Don't think of us)

agent compassion

I just registered Democrat so I could vote in primaries too. I take "Vote early, vote often" very seriously you know.  :lol:

'I'll take you out for a meal with Mr. and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche. Do you want some?' - ++++++ Moon

Colonel Failure

I live deep in GOP country in SW FL. The dems don't have primaries here. They try not to draw the short straw.
Are crumbling images
No longer comforting me.
Order and sanity,
Something to comfort me.

Soon the water will come
And claim what is mine.
I must leave it behind,

Tool, Flood

----------------
Do you believe
Do you believe

(Don't think of us)

agent compassion

Ah, Florida, America's Wang...

See, this is why we need a MASSIVE overhaul of the elections system in the US. Every time I turn around I find a new example of stupidity. So, in FL, Democrats don't have primaries?

And in OR, where I am, only Dems and Reps get to vote in Presidential primaries - if you're any other party, your ballot doesn't have that race on it.

And what's weirder, last spring, when people tried to go from Green to Dem or Independent to Dem so they could vote in the Pres primary, their registrations got "lost" or "goofed," a friend of mine got a ballot with the outer envelope having her current address, her ballot having an address she hadn't lived at in like, 7 years, and her party as Green, when she had sent in a card changing to Democrat, they said "oh we must have been working from old information there" and she said "then explain how you have my new ADDRESS but not my new PARTY" and they advised her to destroy the incorrect ballot, she said "Oh no, that's EVIDENCE." She still has it.

It's totally fucked, when every state can set its own rules and none of them have to jive with each other. France is laughing at us you know, because we have so many different methods of voting in all our different states and then we wonder why we have screwy elections...

'I'll take you out for a meal with Mr. and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche. Do you want some?' - ++++++ Moon

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

The Commander

i know it sucks that Bush got elected, but I hardly see this as the death of the democratic party.  Almost half of the population expressed displeasure with Bush.  this was by no means a landslide for him.  

the pendulum has swung in the direction of the GOP, but this will not always be the case.  The more things get fucked up in Iraq, the harder it will be to conceal it.  When this happens, the GOP will get the boot and the Dems will take over for awhile.  

there is nothing the GOP can do that we can't undo.

In some ways, I wouldn't mind seeing the Dems die, but only if it meant true multi-party reform was the end result of such a demise.

The Commander
DIA
The Commander
DIA
Discordian Intelligence Agency

Bob the Mediocre

Quote from: The Commanderi know it sucks that Bush got elected, but I hardly see this as the death of the democratic party.  Almost half of the population expressed displeasure with Bush.  this was by no means a landslide for him.

Yes, but that's saying they disliked Bush, not that they liked Kerry, or what's happened to the Democrats. Things are becoming too entrenched. I'd like to see a third party, too.
"we are building a religion
we are making a brand
we're the only ones to turn to when your castles turn to sand
take a bite of this apple
mister corporate events
take a walk through the jungle
of cardboard shanties and tents
some people drink pepsi
some people drink coke
the wacky morning dj says democracy's a joke
he says now do you believe in the one big song
he is now accepting callers who would like to sing along"

I AM A COMPLETE AND UTTER FUCKING IDIOT!