News:

It's funny how the position for boot-licking is so close to the one used for curb-stomping.

Main Menu

An apology from Captain Utopia

Started by Faust, April 20, 2012, 08:21:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Placid Dingo

Just to say, I'm with Trip in terms of sincerity. But CU did leave it to the Admins so meh.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Placid Dingo on April 22, 2012, 05:59:56 AM
Just to say, I'm with Trip in terms of sincerity. But CU did leave it to the Admins so meh.

I do think he wants to rejoin PD without drama. I'm just not convinced he's able to yet. I mean, yeah, it was a year ago, but he did hijack EBG for a really crazy reason. And it was a really crazy method. Even if I considered Dok a mortal enemy, I wouldn't have listened to him. It was just nuts. And anyone in their right mind would have known that was a bit too far. He crossed a line and initially got very frustrated with the fact that no one wanted to listen to a crazy dude with a vendetta, and then resigned himself to not being taken seriously. And I'm not exactly sure why we would take him seriously now (rhetorical). I mean, if you frame it in the terms of a relationship, crazy dude takes over your life for a day or two, smacks you around, and then a year later goes, "Sorry baby, I didn't mean to. I won't do it again. Can I eat you out?" Um. No. And if your friend were the female in question, you'd go, "Um. No. That doesn't make up for it. Don't respond to the call."
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Mangrove

I was absent for all this drama and I've only skimmed parts of this thread. However, from what I did read, all I want to do is chant:

AIR LOCK! AIR LOCK! AIR LOCK! AIR LOCK!

I have no vested interest in this issue. It's just that 'air lock' is a catchy phrase.

(Sorry, I realize this isn't helping)

What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on April 22, 2012, 07:27:33 AM

I do think he wants to rejoin PD without drama. I'm just not convinced he's able to yet. I mean, yeah, it was a year ago, but he did hijack EBG for a really crazy reason. And it was a really crazy method. Even if I considered Dok a mortal enemy, I wouldn't have listened to him. It was just nuts. And anyone in their right mind would have known that was a bit too far. He crossed a line and initially got very frustrated with the fact that no one wanted to listen to a crazy dude with a vendetta, and then resigned himself to not being taken seriously. And I'm not exactly sure why we would take him seriously now (rhetorical). I mean, if you frame it in the terms of a relationship, crazy dude takes over your life for a day or two, smacks you around, and then a year later goes, "Sorry baby, I didn't mean to. I won't do it again. Can I eat you out?" Um. No. And if your friend were the female in question, you'd go, "Um. No. That doesn't make up for it. Don't respond to the call."

Twid has the correct motorcycle.

In fact, even though people still tend to be more protective of women (not being anti-feminist here, the fact is that we tend to have less muscle mass and upper-body strength, on the average) you could REVERSE the sexes and say that PD is the guy and CU is the psycho bitch who slashed his tires, piled his clothes on the porch and made a bonfire, ripped her shirt and said he tried to "rape" her, texts all the time and leaves creepy notes under his windshield wipers and STILL arrive at the same conclusion.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on April 22, 2012, 06:04:01 PM
Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on April 22, 2012, 07:27:33 AM

Twid has the correct motorcycle.

In fact, even though people still tend to be more protective of women (not being anti-feminist here, the fact is that we tend to have less muscle mass and upper-body strength, on the average) you could REVERSE the sexes and say that PD is the guy and CU is the psycho bitch who slashed his tires, piled his clothes on the porch and made a bonfire, ripped her shirt and said he tried to "rape" her, texts all the time and leaves creepy notes under his windshield wipers and STILL arrive at the same conclusion.

That's probably even more accurate, actually.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

navkat

Disagree. This is the internet, not a trusted relationship.

I don't really become involved in people's inter-personal drama on that level here and I do realize that it takes a lot to get banned from here (personal threats, abuse of privileges, etc) and I don't generally feel righteous about...well I don't feel righteous about anything. It's not my shit getting fucked with so I don't judge. However, he was a pretty cool guy on here at one time as I remember and I think his contributions and "atta boys" should outweigh his "oh shits."

Everyone fucks up. Everyone has their weaknesses and everyone needs some time to pull their head out of their asshole. Power-mongering turned out to be his. I am of the firm belief that we should be willing and at the ready with a bottle of lube, a shit-eating grin and a shoe begging to fill the new hole. None of us should be so jaded or full of ourselves that we're not willing to accept an apology. Beat the crap out of him and then buy him a pint.

But it's up yo y'all. That's just my tuppence.

Triple Zero

well if you put it that way ...

but right now anyone could convince me of anything remotely reasonable sounding.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

AFK

I don't care if he comes back or not.  I really don't think it's a big deal either way.  I mean, this place does seem to crave the drama cycles at times, maybe having him back would be a good thing. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: navkat on April 25, 2012, 09:47:07 AM
Disagree. This is the internet, not a trusted relationship.

I don't really become involved in people's inter-personal drama on that level here and I do realize that it takes a lot to get banned from here (personal threats, abuse of privileges, etc) and I don't generally feel righteous about...well I don't feel righteous about anything. It's not my shit getting fucked with so I don't judge. However, he was a pretty cool guy on here at one time as I remember and I think his contributions and "atta boys" should outweigh his "oh shits."

Everyone fucks up. Everyone has their weaknesses and everyone needs some time to pull their head out of their asshole. Power-mongering turned out to be his. I am of the firm belief that we should be willing and at the ready with a bottle of lube, a shit-eating grin and a shoe begging to fill the new hole. None of us should be so jaded or full of ourselves that we're not willing to accept an apology. Beat the crap out of him and then buy him a pint.

But it's up yo y'all. That's just my tuppence.

I would agree with you if it weren't for the fixation on and stalking/harassment of a specific member here. That member has expressed discomfort with him coming back for that reason, and as many of us have stated, that is a dealbreaker.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Freeky

There's a big difference between sticking your head up your ass and creating drama and going Bayshit crazy and stalking someone. Nav, just because you don't think it is a big deal doesn't mean that nobody else does.

Or, what Nigel said.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Also, "this is the Internet" doesn't come close to describing a forum on which people have collaborated for years, communicated daily, formed close friendships, spent time together in person, and in some cases even live together.

Freeky

AFK

We should send him on some epic quest through the wilds of the Internet, and pending the outcomes of said quest, we could potentially welcome him back to the fold. 

Embed with some other internet society for, say, a year, become one with the culture, try to sneak in some Discordia, and note the results. 

In fact, CU, if you are reading this, you should go do that anyway. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Reverend What's-His-Name? on April 25, 2012, 03:56:31 PM
We should send him on some epic quest through the wilds of the Internet, and pending the outcomes of said quest, we could potentially welcome him back to the fold. 

Embed with some other internet society for, say, a year, become one with the culture, try to sneak in some Discordia, and note the results. 

In fact, CU, if you are reading this, you should go do that anyway go fuck yourself.

Also, what Nigel said. On all counts.

Shit on me once, shame on you, Shit on me twice, shame on me.

If it's ok to have CU come back and go all obsessive stalker on Dok, it's only fair to let everybody else's "fan club president" back in.

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Phox

Well, I remember that incident pretty clearly, Nav, and I gotta say it wasn't "just the Internet". I received a few PMs at the beginning of CU's craziness and I wasn't really okay with some of the content of them.

However, I already personally forgave CU, and in a position as a regular member, I wouldn't mind him, but hey it seems, like the consensus from the people who have the say is "no", and I have no real reason to try to convince them otherwise.