News:

In my heart I knew that rotten testicles and inflamed penises were on the way.

Main Menu

Two Important Questions

Started by NewSpag, April 25, 2012, 08:13:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Placid Dingo on April 27, 2012, 08:15:10 AM
Provided everything goes to plan I should be back to uni soon.

I'd love to go back. I'm 3 inches away from being a junior. The problem that happened for me was that my last semester was just before the economy tanked completely and Dr. S gave me the boot. Then I had to accept both hours and pay cuts for my current position, and of course that was a shitty time to find a new job anyway.

Truth be told, I really enjoyed working for Dr. S, and not just because it was good pay. Out of all the jobs I worked, that one was my favorite so far, demanding as it was.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

AFK

Quote from: Insanity on April 27, 2012, 06:18:34 AM

Someone mentioned blackironprison.com but that seems to be down. 

Aww fuck!  I'll have to see if I can track down Syn and see what's up.  The site was working not too long ago. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

NewSpag

One moar question: What's a spag?  I tried to figure it out from context but you seem to use it to refer to a lot of things. I even poked around in google a bit but the definition still eludes me.
QuoteOne day I realized life was pointless.  I've been celebrating ever since.
There's beauty in everything so lets destroy it all together.
Sometimes Always is Never.  For everything else there's Mastercard.

Cain

It's an offensive term we use to make fun of people with Italian heritage.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Insanity on April 27, 2012, 07:18:44 PM
One moar question: What's a spag?

Spag (n)

1) Spelling Punctuation And Grammar - A spag can mean someone who types in all lower case, uses the non-word "moar" in a non-satirical manner, or in some other way offends people who have a command of written English.

2) A jackass, usually - but not always - meant in a friendly, jibing manner.

3) Twid.
Molon Lube

NewSpag

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 27, 2012, 07:23:24 PM

Spag (n)

1) Spelling Punctuation And Grammar - A spag can mean someone who types in all lower case, uses the non-word "moar" in a non-satirical manner, or in some other way offends people who have a command of written English.

3) Twid.
i c wat u did thar
QuoteOne day I realized life was pointless.  I've been celebrating ever since.
There's beauty in everything so lets destroy it all together.
Sometimes Always is Never.  For everything else there's Mastercard.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Insanity on April 27, 2012, 07:46:37 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 27, 2012, 07:23:24 PM

Spag (n)

3) Twid.
i c wat u did thar

:regret:
Molon Lube

Q. G. Pennyworth

One moar question: What's a spag?  I tried to figure it out from context but you seem to use it to refer to a lot of things. I even poked around in google a bit but the definition still eludes me.

From the usage I've seen around here, it's nearly identical to the Chan use of the word "fag," without the cultural baggage.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on April 27, 2012, 08:21:53 PM

From the usage I've seen around here, it's nearly identical to the Chan use of the word "fag," without the cultural baggage.

I think Cram coined it... it is meant to be a meaningless word that sounds potentially offensive, yet isn't, used to refer to people. Like "What are you spags up to?" Or "What a bunch of spags!" or "What time are the spags getting together?" or "Fuck off, you spag!"

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

EK WAFFLR

Quote from: navkat on April 27, 2012, 07:21:50 AM
Twiddles: Man who is weirdly big.

<3

I can't believe nobody's done this yet:

:lmnuendo:
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Telarus

I just learned from Alton Brown that Spaghetti Bolognaise is referred to in rhyming slang as "spagBol". Any brits back that up?
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

navkat

When I was in HS on Long Island, kids used the word "sped" as a derrogatory term for retard becaue it was a portmantau of SPecial EDucation. Special ed. Sped.

I kind of always believed "Spag" was a portmantau of that and "Fag."
Sped + Fag = Retarded Fag. Spag.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Reverend What's-His-Name? on April 27, 2012, 10:48:04 AM
Quote from: Insanity on April 27, 2012, 06:18:34 AM

Someone mentioned blackironprison.com but that seems to be down. 

Aww fuck!  I'll have to see if I can track down Syn and see what's up.  The site was working not too long ago.

Yeah I do hope it comes back up. It's where we keep loads of our stuff! :)

But then, it's been offline occasionally before.

If you talk to Syn, ask him if he's still okay with hosting that Wiki, cause, well, I really don't want to lose all the content we have there. It's one of the very few places that contains curated PD content (still a tiny fraction of all the awesome that can be dug up in our archives, but still).

(I don't even know if I have a DB backup--I'll make a point of getting one in the futare)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.