You have [3] new messages in your inbox

Main Menu

Two Important Questions

Started by NewSpag, April 25, 2012, 08:13:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

navkat

Quote from: Cain on April 25, 2012, 11:51:39 AM
Fuck you, my mom died from hypocrisy in the face  :cry:

No worries. I have rented a port-o-loo for her funeral and there will be ex-lax cookies and sledgehammers handed out at the door.

SIGN THE GUESTBOOK.

Faust

Quote from: Insanity on April 25, 2012, 08:13:27 AM
Hi.  I'm new here.  Can someone please tell me what discordianism is?  One sentence would be best but I'm willing to read two.  Also what is independent thought and where can I buy it?

Disco + accordian music.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

navkat

That...is actually the best goddamned description of what's going on inside my head that I've ever heard. Add shaved monkeys in glitter body paint and a giant cotton-candy machine for my enemies to run like a hamster-wheel until they float away and you've pretty much have me diagnosed, mister.

AFK

So Insanity,

Because I'm genuinely curious, and I think this is good information for us to have here, how did you find our little dingy corner of the interweb? 

Were you searching for us or did you accidentally upon us looking for something else? 

Also, also, if you are interested in learning more about Discordia there are all kinds of resources at your fingertips.  The main site, if you didn't notice already, has the "bible" of this whole thing, The Principia Discordia.  It also has The Black Iron Prison which was something a bunch of us threw together a few years ago.

You might also check out the BIP wiki:  www.blackironprison.com 

Be sure to question everything including your own opinions of what you are reading. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

hirley0

11 AHAU   4:15:14.13

Quote from: Reverend What's-His-Name? on April 25, 2012, 01:07:10 PM
So Insanity,

NOT KNOWING that U have been sold to TRafficers

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: hirley0 on April 25, 2012, 01:14:29 PM
11 AHAU   4:15:14.13

So Insanity,

NOT KNOWING that U have been sold to TRafficers

:eek:

I don't know much about Discordianism, but I can tell you that this here thread is 100% Discord.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Reverend What's-His-Name? on April 25, 2012, 11:56:09 AM
Quote from: Triple Zero on April 25, 2012, 11:32:20 AM
Quote from: Reverend What's-His-Name? on April 25, 2012, 10:54:41 AM
Hi there Insanity, nice to see you.  Don't mind the natives.  The board gets hungry every now and again and needs to feed.

ummmmm sorry but that sounds kind of dismissive of "the natives", are you trying to imply Twid's reaction was unreasonable?

really?

a n00b that starts with a troll question, and follows up in quick succession with pineal, "I own you", passive-agressive and butt-hurt in the span of just six posts ??

is he worth it, RWHN? apologize for the behaviour of those restless unkempt "natives".

I don't understand why you have to do this man. You know where this one is going. You've been here long enough, longer than me! Name me ONE new poster in the history of PD that started out with "hey guys what is this Discordia thing all about?" and did NOT end up being a butt hurt troll? Read his posts again:

Quote from: Insanity on April 25, 2012, 08:13:27 AMHi.  I'm new here.  Can someone please tell me what discordianism is?

Quote from: Insanity on April 25, 2012, 08:41:54 AMAnd then the thread was deleted and he faded away into nothingness.

A happy ending, no?

Quote from: Insanity on April 25, 2012, 08:55:29 AM
Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on April 25, 2012, 08:47:30 AMYeah, you have no idea how this place works. Welcome. I don't recommend bending over.

Maybe I do, maybe I don't.  But guess what?  I own you.  And your cauliflower too.  The funniest part is that you don't even realize.

Welcome to my Discordia   :)

This guy came here for no other reason than to simply stir shit.

Assuming that, after all these years, you must recognize this just as easily as I do, what am I supposed to make of you, apologizing to a n00b troll about "the natives sometimes get hungry"?

You saw the guy, stirring shit, and you thought, hey that seems fun! his hands are all brown and sticky SO LETS JOIN HIM AND CREATE A MUCH BIGGER MESS THAN IS REASONABLY NECESSARY--OH HEY YUMMY THIS BIT'S NOT COMPLETELY DIGESTED YET NOMNOMNOM WHEEEEE SHIT POOP SPLATTER I CAN WRITE MY NAME WITH MY NOSE ON THE WALL HEY GUYS YOU KNOW WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A JAR OF SAND AND GARGLE GARGLE GARGLE

There was a reason we used to have the spoken, unspoken 50 post rule.  We haven't "followed" that in ages. 

Honestly, and this is just one spag's opinion, I think the board ends up partially creating some of these monsters.  I mean, I know if I were to go on to a new board, and I start getting "the treatment" after 5 posts, I'll be thinking to myself.  "Okay, they want to play?  I'm gonna play!"

It's the internet.  Aside from the words we see on the screen, we don't know what's going through this person's head.  We don't know if it is really snark or someone's attempt to be silly and goofy, to mingle with the natives.  The natives that show pretty early on that this place requires boxing gloves, steel-toe boots, and a helmet. 

I dunno, if this place is honestly interested in growing, getting activity up, rebuilding membership, I think we need to start thinking about our responses to noobs.

If, however, we want to be what EB&G became, then sure, let's keep putting the heat to folks after 5 posts or less. 

Because I think that is going to do WONDERS for activity here.

I usually like the 50 post rule but I gotta agree with Trip here. It's not like we haven't seen this sort of thing before.

Also, I'm a nice dude. Cainad said so, so I have to accept that. I'm all for giving everyone a chance but with this one I don't expect anything more than a troll or an idiot. I don't know which and don't care to.

Also, cauliflower sucks.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

AFK

Fine, you can be bad cop, I'll be good cop. 

But, I get the taser.

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Reverend What's-His-Name? on April 25, 2012, 05:06:47 PM
Fine, you can be bad cop, I'll be good cop. 

But, I get the taser.

Sweet, that means I get the nightstick.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Reverend What's-His-Name? on April 25, 2012, 11:56:09 AM
Quote from: Triple Zero on April 25, 2012, 11:32:20 AM
Quote from: Reverend What's-His-Name? on April 25, 2012, 10:54:41 AM
Hi there Insanity, nice to see you.  Don't mind the natives.  The board gets hungry every now and again and needs to feed.

ummmmm sorry but that sounds kind of dismissive of "the natives", are you trying to imply Twid's reaction was unreasonable?

really?

a n00b that starts with a troll question, and follows up in quick succession with pineal, "I own you", passive-agressive and butt-hurt in the span of just six posts ??

is he worth it, RWHN? apologize for the behaviour of those restless unkempt "natives".

I don't understand why you have to do this man. You know where this one is going. You've been here long enough, longer than me! Name me ONE new poster in the history of PD that started out with "hey guys what is this Discordia thing all about?" and did NOT end up being a butt hurt troll? Read his posts again:

Quote from: Insanity on April 25, 2012, 08:13:27 AMHi.  I'm new here.  Can someone please tell me what discordianism is?

Quote from: Insanity on April 25, 2012, 08:41:54 AMAnd then the thread was deleted and he faded away into nothingness.

A happy ending, no?

Quote from: Insanity on April 25, 2012, 08:55:29 AM
Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on April 25, 2012, 08:47:30 AMYeah, you have no idea how this place works. Welcome. I don't recommend bending over.

Maybe I do, maybe I don't.  But guess what?  I own you.  And your cauliflower too.  The funniest part is that you don't even realize.

Welcome to my Discordia   :)

This guy came here for no other reason than to simply stir shit.

Assuming that, after all these years, you must recognize this just as easily as I do, what am I supposed to make of you, apologizing to a n00b troll about "the natives sometimes get hungry"?

You saw the guy, stirring shit, and you thought, hey that seems fun! his hands are all brown and sticky SO LETS JOIN HIM AND CREATE A MUCH BIGGER MESS THAN IS REASONABLY NECESSARY--OH HEY YUMMY THIS BIT'S NOT COMPLETELY DIGESTED YET NOMNOMNOM WHEEEEE SHIT POOP SPLATTER I CAN WRITE MY NAME WITH MY NOSE ON THE WALL HEY GUYS YOU KNOW WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A JAR OF SAND AND GARGLE GARGLE GARGLE

There was a reason we used to have the spoken, unspoken 50 post rule.  We haven't "followed" that in ages. 

Honestly, and this is just one spag's opinion, I think the board ends up partially creating some of these monsters.  I mean, I know if I were to go on to a new board, and I start getting "the treatment" after 5 posts, I'll be thinking to myself.  "Okay, they want to play?  I'm gonna play!"

It's the internet.  Aside from the words we see on the screen, we don't know what's going through this person's head.  We don't know if it is really snark or someone's attempt to be silly and goofy, to mingle with the natives.  The natives that show pretty early on that this place requires boxing gloves, steel-toe boots, and a helmet. 

I dunno, if this place is honestly interested in growing, getting activity up, rebuilding membership, I think we need to start thinking about our responses to noobs.

If, however, we want to be what EB&G became, then sure, let's keep putting the heat to folks after 5 posts or less. 

Because I think that is going to do WONDERS for activity here.

BALLS!!!!

When I got here I caught a LOAD of bullshit from the 'natives', and I don't recall ANYONE jumping to my defense. And you know what? I got over being a spag and became a spag. So either this Insanity, (SUCH AN OUTLANDISH NAME!!!), is really here for Discordia and not to just stir up Strife and Butthurt, then it will get over it.

NewSpag

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on April 25, 2012, 04:24:04 PM

I usually like the 50 post rule but I gotta agree with Trip here. It's not like we haven't seen this sort of thing before.

Also, I'm a nice dude. Cainad said so, so I have to accept that. I'm all for giving everyone a chance but with this one I don't expect anything more than a troll or an idiot. I don't know which and don't care to.

Also, cauliflower sucks.

I have to say I'm with Twid on this one.  This guy is obviously a troll or an idiot.  If the dude's sense of humour doesn't immediately match Twid's (I mean come on, this guy totally should have carefully combed the forum to digest what "discordianism really is" before he had the audacity to post.  Doesn't he know the RULES of being a Discordian?)

So Insanity,

Because I'm genuinely curious, and I think this is good information for us to have here, how did you find our little dingy corner of the interweb? 

Were you searching for us or did you accidentally upon us looking for something else? 

Also, also, if you are interested in learning more about Discordia there are all kinds of resources at your fingertips.  The main site, if you didn't notice already, has the "bible" of this whole thing, The Principia Discordia.  It also has The Black Iron Prison which was something a bunch of us threw together a few years ago.

You might also check out the BIP wiki:  www.blackironprison.com 

Be sure to question everything including your own opinions of what you are reading.

Thanks for the "helpful" response but I've already read the PD as well as a few other Discordian and (Subgenii) texts a couple of times.  I found this site through the rants of the Good Reverend Roger.  The rest, as they say, is history/mystory/mystery.

To everyone (or no one):  I am here.  I am insane.  I am Discordian, and I don't care what you think.  Call me what you will but you will not keep me from posting my e-pinions.  I've spent an hour on the forum, sorry for not understanding "how its supposed to work" (oh wait, no I'm not  :evil:) but for some crazy INSANE reason I think our lady will accept me even if you don't.
QuoteOne day I realized life was pointless.  I've been celebrating ever since.
There's beauty in everything so lets destroy it all together.
Sometimes Always is Never.  For everything else there's Mastercard.

Don Coyote

Nephew Twiddleton

Insane people don't know they're insane.

You fall under the category of outlandish.

Nephew Twiddleton

Also, I never said you weren't Discordian, and I've done nothing to prevent you from posting. You sound like a teabagger complaining about their first amendment rights being violated when someone points out they said something stupid.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Triple Zero on April 25, 2012, 10:43:12 AM
Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on April 25, 2012, 09:23:39 AM
Also, I kinda like Twiddles. But only from females. Odd.

The Twiddlerat0r.

Bruce Twillis.

The Chronicles of Twiddick.

Twiddler Durden.

Judge Twidd.

Twid Dieselton.

Twiddlegheddon.

Demolition Twid.

Twiddle Recall.

Twid Monkeys.

Twiddledock Saints.

Twitch.

Twiddle With A Shotgun.

Twambo.

Twiddle X.

This Is Spinal Twid.

Doctor Strangleton.

BAMP!
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.