News:

Heaven is a sausage party.

Main Menu

Two Important Questions

Started by NewSpag, April 25, 2012, 08:13:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Insanity on April 26, 2012, 07:07:36 PM

Why are you all assuming that I'm pretending to be mentally ill?  I made no such claim.  I merely claimed to be insane.  Until you know how I define "sanity" (and thus "insanity") there's a 105% chances (with a 4% margin of error) that you are misunderstanding me.

No it doesn't get me a lot  of poontang, but it does get me tangspoon which is pretty much the same thing and tastes much better imho.

Until you explain what meaning you have assigned to words that already have meanings, we kind of have to operate on the original meaning of the word.

Molon Lube

Nephew Twiddleton

:looks at list: doesnt mean or need actual definition of word.... Ah yes.

:chekov:
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

NewSpag

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 26, 2012, 07:13:08 PM

Why are you all assuming that I'm pretending to be mentally ill?  I made no such claim.  I merely claimed to be insane.  Until you know how I define "sanity" (and thus "insanity") there's a 105% chances (with a 4% margin of error) that you are misunderstanding me.

No it doesn't get me a lot  of poontang, but it does get me tangspoon which is pretty much the same thing and tastes much better imho.

Until you explain what meaning you have assigned to words that already have meanings, we kind of have to operate on the original meaning of the word.
Well then I shall pretend you asked me how I define sanity!  I (currently) define sanity as follows: having contact reality.  Thus insanity would be loss of contact reality.  And while I have a long ways to go before I completely loose touch with reality I consider myself more insane than most.
QuoteOne day I realized life was pointless.  I've been celebrating ever since.
There's beauty in everything so lets destroy it all together.
Sometimes Always is Never.  For everything else there's Mastercard.

Salty

Quote from: Insanity on April 26, 2012, 07:31:35 PM

Well then I shall pretend you asked me how I define sanity!  I (currently) define sanity as follows: having contact reality.  Thus insanity would be loss of contact reality.  And while I have a long ways to go before I completely loose touch with reality I consider myself more insane than most.

So when you step off a 7 story building how soon before you recontact reality?
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Doktor Howl

Well then I shall pretend you asked me how I define sanity!

There doesn't seem to be any communication going on here.

Enjoy.
Molon Lube

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

AFK

What process, event, or events has caused/is causing you to lose contact reality?  Self-inflicted?  Environmental?  Chemical imbalances? 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

NewSpag

Quote from: Alty on April 26, 2012, 07:33:10 PM

So when you step off a 7 story building how soon before you recontact reality?

Well if I am to believe those damned physicists (assuming 7 stories is approximately 50 meters) I'd guess about 3.2 seconds.

Quote from: Reverend What's-His-Name? on April 26, 2012, 07:36:34 PM
What process, event, or events has caused/is causing you to lose contact reality?  Self-inflicted?  Environmental?  Chemical imbalances? 

I assume self-inflicted.  Reality is so ... limiting

AFK

How can you be sure that your self-inflicted "insanity" isn't just another flavor of reality? 

NewSpag

Quote from: Reverend What's-His-Name? on April 26, 2012, 07:44:47 PM
How can you be sure that your self-inflicted "insanity" isn't just another flavor of reality?
I can't and it probably is.  So what?

AFK

Just trying to understand how it is you are defining your "insanity". 

Freeky

Okay, I'll bite.  In what way, without any flowery language, metaphors, or similies, or any other "Saying one thing to illustrate another, or to sound deep and like it was an enlightening experience," have you lost contact with reality?

NewSpag

Quote from: The Freeky of SCIENCE! on April 26, 2012, 08:03:26 PM

Okay, I'll bite.  In what way, without any flowery language, metaphors, or similies, or any other "Saying one thing to illustrate another, or to sound deep and like it was an enlightening experience," have you lost contact with reality?

On the far to rare occasion that I get my grubby hands on some psychedelics.  Every time I take a trip I come back a little less sane

navkat

Quote from: Reverend What's-His-Name? on April 25, 2012, 07:58:14 PM
There's 7-8 Billion monkey-ants running around this giant blue space rock.  Many of them have computers. 

Chances are a lot better that it's just another "insane" weirdo.

I seem to remember a conversation between Rog, Nigel, LMNO and myself wherein we/LMNO elucidated the concept that it's all well and good to toy with the novelty of being "insane" but that shit suddenly loses its fun as soon as you find yourself in the bed-shitting throes of finding out what real crazy is.

Freeky

Quote from: Insanity on April 26, 2012, 09:05:48 PM
Quote from: The Freeky of SCIENCE! on April 26, 2012, 08:03:26 PM

On the far to rare occasion that I get my grubby hands on some psychedelics.  Every time I take a trip I come back a little less sane

See, people here have actually gone insane.  You know, the kind where you think your loved ones are trying to kill you, hearing voices that aren't there, getting gripped by crippling and seemingly endless depression.  It isn't fun or funny, so that's why nobody is impressed.

And for the record, that's what I assumed you meant when you said you'd gone insane.