Main Menu

Two Important Questions

Started by NewSpag, April 25, 2012, 08:13:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salty

Quote from: Insanity on April 25, 2012, 08:31:25 AM
Quote from: Alty on April 25, 2012, 08:20:19 AM
:lolchix:
Wait a minute ... that's not a sentence ... that appears to be two Japanese girls laughing at some poor fellow behind me.

:lol:
There is at least one girl per question.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

NewSpag

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on April 25, 2012, 09:04:01 AM

Interesting thing.

No one owns me. Not even myself. But the thing is once you mentioned cauliflower I knew you were full of shit. I don't eat that. Ever. So I do realize and you should stop being a fucking pinealist and making assumptions about people you just met.

I am not landing in your Discordia. I am just catching a connecting flight. Please tell your immigration officers to fuck off because I'm just passing through.
Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on April 25, 2012, 09:12:02 AM

Actually I prefer to see the face.

However, I've already decided this dude is totally useless in under 5 posts. Now mind you, while I am still a Doktor, I have opted to return to the semi-serene Nephew lifestyle. But even a Nephew can make a quick judgment call. This person must redeem themself already, and change their fucking name. Insanity my ass. My dad was insane. It's not fucking funny.

Fuck this guy. Seriously.
Thank you and good day.
QuoteOne day I realized life was pointless.  I've been celebrating ever since.
There's beauty in everything so lets destroy it all together.
Sometimes Always is Never.  For everything else there's Mastercard.

navkat

Patience, Dok Twiddles. Everyone started out as a twink here. I recommend you Tx with a bottle of Astroglide and a written referral to the Offices of Howl and Nigel, MD.

No need to force it and cause fissures, we'll have this one stretched out and prolapsed in no time.

NewSpag

Quote from: Alty on April 25, 2012, 09:14:42 AM
:lol:
There is at least one girl per question.

I think you and I are going to get along just fine.
QuoteOne day I realized life was pointless.  I've been celebrating ever since.
There's beauty in everything so lets destroy it all together.
Sometimes Always is Never.  For everything else there's Mastercard.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: navkat on April 25, 2012, 09:17:02 AM
Patience, Dok Twiddles. Everyone started out as a twink here. I recommend you Tx with a bottle of Astroglide and a written referral to the Offices of Howl and Nigel, MD.

No need to force it and cause fissures, we'll have this one stretched out and prolapsed in no time.

I didn't start out as a twink. I actually got a very warm welcome, along with Rhiz (who posts rarely but we both oddly have some sort of connection.) Maybe I'm losing my patience but what the fuck?

Also I'm generally friendly by default. If you think I should be friendlier, I'll accept that. But the fact that I'm not should be a bit of a red flag.

Also, I kinda like Twiddles. But only from females. Odd.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

navkat

I dig it. I shall call you "Uncle Twiddles" and occasionally sit on your lap in a Catholic Elementary School-girl jumper.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: navkat on April 25, 2012, 09:27:07 AM
I dig it. I shall call you "Uncle Twiddles" and occasionally sit on your lap in a Catholic Elementary School-girl jumper.

I...

Uh...

Suddenly wish my girlfriend was bi....
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Triple Zero

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on April 25, 2012, 09:23:39 AM
Also, I kinda like Twiddles. But only from females. Odd.

The Twiddlerat0r.

Bruce Twillis.

The Chronicles of Twiddick.

Twiddler Durden.

Judge Twidd.

Twid Dieselton.

Twiddlegheddon.

Demolition Twid.

Twiddle Recall.

Twid Monkeys.

Twiddledock Saints.

Twitch.

Twiddle With A Shotgun.

Twambo.

Twiddle X.

This Is Spinal Twid.

Doctor Strangleton.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

navkat

AFK

Hi there Insanity, nice to see you.  Don't mind the natives.  The board gets hungry every now and again and needs to feed.

I think you will find that Discordia is hard to boil down into one sentence.  But, if I were to boil it down into one sentence anyway, this is the one I would choose:

A conclusion is simply where you stopped thinking. 

And there probably isn't much in the way of purely independent thought.  All of us have our thoughts, ultimately, influenced by some degree by outside stimuli and by elements of our socieities.  However, I think a particularly determined fellow can become aware of this, and do certain exercises to maintain as much automonmy as is possible for a human. 

That, or taking up residence in a shack in the woods.  But even then, I'm sure the raccoons and owls would exert some level of influence, especially after you go mad and become convinced they are communicating to you in songs written by Randy Newman. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Reverend What's-His-Name? on April 25, 2012, 10:54:41 AM
Hi there Insanity, nice to see you.  Don't mind the natives.  The board gets hungry every now and again and needs to feed.

ummmmm sorry but that sounds kind of dismissive of "the natives", are you trying to imply Twid's reaction was unreasonable?

really?

a n00b that starts with a troll question, and follows up in quick succession with pineal, "I own you", passive-agressive and butt-hurt in the span of just six posts ??

is he worth it, RWHN? apologize for the behaviour of those restless unkempt "natives".

I don't understand why you have to do this man. You know where this one is going. You've been here long enough, longer than me! Name me ONE new poster in the history of PD that started out with "hey guys what is this Discordia thing all about?" and did NOT end up being a butt hurt troll? Read his posts again:

Quote from: Insanity on April 25, 2012, 08:13:27 AMHi.  I'm new here.  Can someone please tell me what discordianism is?

Quote from: Insanity on April 25, 2012, 08:41:54 AMAnd then the thread was deleted and he faded away into nothingness.

A happy ending, no?

Quote from: Insanity on April 25, 2012, 08:55:29 AM
Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on April 25, 2012, 08:47:30 AMYeah, you have no idea how this place works. Welcome. I don't recommend bending over.

Maybe I do, maybe I don't.  But guess what?  I own you.  And your cauliflower too.  The funniest part is that you don't even realize.

Welcome to my Discordia   :)

This guy came here for no other reason than to simply stir shit.

Assuming that, after all these years, you must recognize this just as easily as I do, what am I supposed to make of you, apologizing to a n00b troll about "the natives sometimes get hungry"?

You saw the guy, stirring shit, and you thought, hey that seems fun! his hands are all brown and sticky SO LETS JOIN HIM AND CREATE A MUCH BIGGER MESS THAN IS REASONABLY NECESSARY--OH HEY YUMMY THIS BIT'S NOT COMPLETELY DIGESTED YET NOMNOMNOM WHEEEEE SHIT POOP SPLATTER I CAN WRITE MY NAME WITH MY NOSE ON THE WALL HEY GUYS YOU KNOW WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A JAR OF SAND AND GARGLE GARGLE GARGLE
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Placid Dingo

A lot of people start out with the pineal stuff before going through a bit of an evolution into a more personalised Discordia. Personally I'd like to see more of a benefit of the doubt offered.

Troll question? Yeah kind of. He's probably just trying to have a playful banter. Sure he's missed it by a mile, but the solution to that's isn't nessacaraly flinging dung.

Twid has a point with the use of 'Insanity' but apart from that it seems it's all a bit over the top.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

navkat

I just got TOLD (Oh my! Goodness ME!) on the subject of Being A Discordian by someone intent on schooling me in the art of "pointing out the hypocrisy of the Discordians" being the "ULTIMATE discordian act."

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Point out the hypocrisy in your MOM.
Point out the hypocrisy in your FAAAAAYCE-AH!

Please, don't try to reason with me while I am shitting into my hand and getting ready to throw it at your pulpit. Consider this like a Ghallager show in reverse...BETTER BRING A RAINSLICKER, BUCK-O!

Cain

Fuck you, my mom died from hypocrisy in the face  :cry:

AFK

Quote from: Triple Zero on April 25, 2012, 11:32:20 AM
Quote from: Reverend What's-His-Name? on April 25, 2012, 10:54:41 AM

ummmmm sorry but that sounds kind of dismissive of "the natives", are you trying to imply Twid's reaction was unreasonable?

really?

a n00b that starts with a troll question, and follows up in quick succession with pineal, "I own you", passive-agressive and butt-hurt in the span of just six posts ??

is he worth it, RWHN? apologize for the behaviour of those restless unkempt "natives".

I don't understand why you have to do this man. You know where this one is going. You've been here long enough, longer than me! Name me ONE new poster in the history of PD that started out with "hey guys what is this Discordia thing all about?" and did NOT end up being a butt hurt troll? Read his posts again:

Quote from: Insanity on April 25, 2012, 08:13:27 AMHi.  I'm new here.  Can someone please tell me what discordianism is?

Quote from: Insanity on April 25, 2012, 08:41:54 AMAnd then the thread was deleted and he faded away into nothingness.

A happy ending, no?

Quote from: Insanity on April 25, 2012, 08:55:29 AM
Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on April 25, 2012, 08:47:30 AMYeah, you have no idea how this place works. Welcome. I don't recommend bending over.

Maybe I do, maybe I don't.  But guess what?  I own you.  And your cauliflower too.  The funniest part is that you don't even realize.

Welcome to my Discordia   :)

This guy came here for no other reason than to simply stir shit.

Assuming that, after all these years, you must recognize this just as easily as I do, what am I supposed to make of you, apologizing to a n00b troll about "the natives sometimes get hungry"?

You saw the guy, stirring shit, and you thought, hey that seems fun! his hands are all brown and sticky SO LETS JOIN HIM AND CREATE A MUCH BIGGER MESS THAN IS REASONABLY NECESSARY--OH HEY YUMMY THIS BIT'S NOT COMPLETELY DIGESTED YET NOMNOMNOM WHEEEEE SHIT POOP SPLATTER I CAN WRITE MY NAME WITH MY NOSE ON THE WALL HEY GUYS YOU KNOW WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A JAR OF SAND AND GARGLE GARGLE GARGLE

There was a reason we used to have the spoken, unspoken 50 post rule.  We haven't "followed" that in ages. 

Honestly, and this is just one spag's opinion, I think the board ends up partially creating some of these monsters.  I mean, I know if I were to go on to a new board, and I start getting "the treatment" after 5 posts, I'll be thinking to myself.  "Okay, they want to play?  I'm gonna play!"

It's the internet.  Aside from the words we see on the screen, we don't know what's going through this person's head.  We don't know if it is really snark or someone's attempt to be silly and goofy, to mingle with the natives.  The natives that show pretty early on that this place requires boxing gloves, steel-toe boots, and a helmet. 

I dunno, if this place is honestly interested in growing, getting activity up, rebuilding membership, I think we need to start thinking about our responses to noobs.

If, however, we want to be what EB&G became, then sure, let's keep putting the heat to folks after 5 posts or less. 

Because I think that is going to do WONDERS for activity here. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.