News:

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

Main Menu

Two Important Questions

Started by NewSpag, April 25, 2012, 08:13:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

Quote from: Reverend What's-His-Name? on April 25, 2012, 11:56:09 AM
A MUCH BIGGER MESS THAN IS REASONABLY NECESSARY--OH HEY YUMMY THIS BIT'S NOT COMPLETELY DIGESTED YET NOMNOMNOM WHEEEEE SHIT POOP SPLATTER I CAN WRITE MY NAME WITH MY NOSE ON THE WALL HEY GUYS YOU KNOW WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A JAR OF SAND AND GARGLE GARGLE GARGLE

There was a reason we used to have the spoken, unspoken 50 post rule.  We haven't "followed" that in ages. 

Honestly, and this is just one spag's opinion, I think the board ends up partially creating some of these monsters.  I mean, I know if I were to go on to a new board, and I start getting "the treatment" after 5 posts, I'll be thinking to myself.  "Okay, they want to play?  I'm gonna play!"

It's the internet.  Aside from the words we see on the screen, we don't know what's going through this person's head.  We don't know if it is really snark or someone's attempt to be silly and goofy, to mingle with the natives.  The natives that show pretty early on that this place requires boxing gloves, steel-toe boots, and a helmet. 

I dunno, if this place is honestly interested in growing, getting activity up, rebuilding membership, I think we need to start thinking about our responses to noobs.

If, however, we want to be what EB&G became, then sure, let's keep putting the heat to folks after 5 posts or less. 

Because I think that is going to do WONDERS for activity here.

Well, okay maybe.

But it'll all end in tears, I'll have you know!

Quote from: Triple Zero on April 25, 2012, 06:12:14 PM
Quote from: Triple Zero on April 25, 2012, 10:43:12 AM
Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on April 25, 2012, 09:23:39 AM
Also, I kinda like Twiddles. But only from females. Odd.

The Twiddlerat0r.

Bruce Twillis.

The Chronicles of Twiddick.

Twiddler Durden.

Judge Twidd.

Twid Dieselton.

Twiddlegheddon.

Demolition Twid.

Twiddle Recall.

Twid Monkeys.

Twiddledock Saints.

Twitch.

Twiddle With A Shotgun.

Twambo.

Twiddle X.

This Is Spinal Twid.

Doctor Strangleton.

BAMP!

Also, BOMP!
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Freeky

Dude's got This is Spinal Twid's hackles up?  :drama1:

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Triple Zero on April 25, 2012, 06:14:43 PM

Quote from: Reverend What's-His-Name? on April 25, 2012, 11:56:09 AM
A MUCH BIGGER MESS THAN IS REASONABLY NECESSARY--OH HEY YUMMY THIS BIT'S NOT COMPLETELY DIGESTED YET NOMNOMNOM WHEEEEE SHIT POOP SPLATTER I CAN WRITE MY NAME WITH MY NOSE ON THE WALL HEY GUYS YOU KNOW WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A JAR OF SAND AND GARGLE GARGLE GARGLE

There was a reason we used to have the spoken, unspoken 50 post rule.  We haven't "followed" that in ages. 

Honestly, and this is just one spag's opinion, I think the board ends up partially creating some of these monsters.  I mean, I know if I were to go on to a new board, and I start getting "the treatment" after 5 posts, I'll be thinking to myself.  "Okay, they want to play?  I'm gonna play!"

It's the internet.  Aside from the words we see on the screen, we don't know what's going through this person's head.  We don't know if it is really snark or someone's attempt to be silly and goofy, to mingle with the natives.  The natives that show pretty early on that this place requires boxing gloves, steel-toe boots, and a helmet. 

I dunno, if this place is honestly interested in growing, getting activity up, rebuilding membership, I think we need to start thinking about our responses to noobs.

If, however, we want to be what EB&G became, then sure, let's keep putting the heat to folks after 5 posts or less. 

Because I think that is going to do WONDERS for activity here.

Well, okay maybe.

But it'll all end in tears, I'll have you know!

Quote from: Triple Zero on April 25, 2012, 06:12:14 PM
Quote from: Triple Zero on April 25, 2012, 10:43:12 AM
Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on April 25, 2012, 09:23:39 AM
Also, I kinda like Twiddles. But only from females. Odd.

The Twiddlerat0r.

Bruce Twillis.

The Chronicles of Twiddick.

Twiddler Durden.

Judge Twidd.

Twid Dieselton.

Twiddlegheddon.

Demolition Twid.

Twiddle Recall.

Twid Monkeys.

Twiddledock Saints.

Twitch.

Twiddle With A Shotgun.

Twambo.

Twiddle X.

This Is Spinal Twid.

Doctor Strangleton.

BAMP!

Also, BOMP!

Boondock Saints happens in Boston, so I may have to go with that one.

Also, Hobo With A Shotgun is a fantastic movie and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

NewSpag

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on April 25, 2012, 05:44:51 PM
Insane people don't know they're insane.

You fall under the category of outlandish.
Insanity is whatever I say it is.  I am insane because I refuse to be sane.  Shall we agree to disagree?

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on April 25, 2012, 05:46:52 PM
Also, I never said you weren't Discordian, and I've done nothing to prevent you from posting. You sound like a teabagger complaining about their first amendment rights being violated when someone points out they said something stupid.

Also, I never said you said I wasn't a Discordian, nor about you preventing me from posting.  My rights can never be violated because I have a right to everything.  Stupid is as stupid does, and you sir do stupid well.  AMPER&FUCKING&SAND.  Never forget that I own you.

Well, I started this thread to bring some new discord into the world and I succeeded.  I'm moving on to the green pastures of Or Kill Me.  Farewell, and may your senses always be preceded by non.
QuoteOne day I realized life was pointless.  I've been celebrating ever since.
There's beauty in everything so lets destroy it all together.
Sometimes Always is Never.  For everything else there's Mastercard.

Cain

Discordians trolling Discordians.

Well, I have to admit, gentleman, this is an entirely new phenomenon.

Telarus

Y'know... normally we turn those skills on Cabbages....

Insanity didn't bring "new discord" into anything... this has been played out before, was fairly predictable, and if I was able to graph it would closely match the curves of many others who are no longer around.*

We can only judge what you present to us. Any hallucinations that we're judging "you" are your own karmic chains to deal with.

I wonder what this dude's word cloud will look like.

*I still think the Irish bloke who broke the record with 11+ reflexive-cabbage-behaviors-we've-seen-before ( in what.. 2 days?) was Epic, and deserves to live in the Myths forever. Insanity here's only hit a few so far.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Insanity on April 25, 2012, 07:38:26 PM

Insanity is whatever I say it is.  I am insane because I refuse to be sane.  Shall we agree to disagree?

No.

Also, I never said you weren't Discordian, and I've done nothing to prevent you from posting. You sound like a teabagger complaining about their first amendment rights being violated when someone points out they said something stupid.

Also, I never said you said I wasn't a Discordian, nor about you preventing me from posting.  My rights can never be violated because I have a right to everything.  Stupid is as stupid does, and you sir do stupid well.  AMPER&FUCKING&SAND.  Never forget that I own you.

Well, I started this thread to bring some new discord into the world and I succeeded.  I'm moving on to the green pastures of Or Kill Me.  Farewell, and may your senses always be preceded by non.

A) I'd like to see the results of exercising your right to everything.
B) I'm not going to give your stupid comment much credence on the grounds that you claim to be insane.
C) I'd like to see your receipt.
D) Not a big fan of gratuitous nonsense. I find that it makes it difficult communicating with bipeds.

AFK

Thanks for the "helpful" response but I've already read the PD as well as a few other Discordian and (Subgenii) texts a couple of times.  I found this site through the rants of the Good Reverend Roger.  The rest, as they say, is history/mystory/mystery.

To everyone (or no one):  I am here.  I am insane.  I am Discordian, and I don't care what you think.  Call me what you will but you will not keep me from posting my e-pinions.  I've spent an hour on the forum, sorry for not understanding "how its supposed to work" (oh wait, no I'm not  >:D ) but for some crazy INSANE reason I think our lady will accept me even if you don't.

Oh, THAT guy.  Well, good luck to you all the same. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

AFK

Quote from: Insanity on April 25, 2012, 07:38:26 PM

I always thought Or Kill Me had more of a pungent brown feel. 

Anna Mae Bollocks

Dollars to donut holes we already know this asshole from somewhere.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on April 25, 2012, 07:54:11 PM
Dollars to donut holes we already know this asshole from somewhere.

Wouldn't be surprised if it was.

AFK

There's 7-8 Billion monkey-ants running around this giant blue space rock.  Many of them have computers. 

Chances are a lot better that it's just another "insane" weirdo. 

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Reverend What's-His-Name? on April 25, 2012, 07:58:14 PM
There's 7-8 Billion monkey-ants running around this giant blue space rock.  Many of them have computers. 

Chances are a lot better that it's just another "insane" weirdo.

Oh sure. Just saying I wouldn't be surprised if it was, especially considering that one monkey-ant keeps is like herpes rather than some one off troll.

Telarus

Oh you spags. Now the scores are even.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Q. G. Pennyworth

I think we need a shoe throwing contest.