News:

It's like that horrible screech you get when the microphone is positioned too close to a speaker, only with cops.

Main Menu

Things you HATE

Started by Richter, May 01, 2012, 02:53:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salty

People who won't STFU about *insert band here*, especially Tool.

People who overuse words like "phenomenal".

People who can't let go of their fears, people who can't change out of the habits that bring them to the same rodeo of emotional turmoil and rank self-pity, people who listen to MOTHERFUCKING ENYA.

People.

ETA: Cilantro. And Peanuts. And bees and bears. Fuck bears.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Sir Squid Diddimus

My boss's voice
People who chew with their fucking mouths open and smack their food
Old people
dogs

navkat

Also: It's not really a "box of wine" if the wine itself is contained in a bag, now is it? It occurs to me that you're already beyond being pretentious about your drunkardly ways. Why don't you save yourself like 50 more cents and stop adding the cardboard lie to the landfill also?

trippinprincezz13

Quote from: Sir Squid Diddimus on May 01, 2012, 01:34:48 PM
People who chew with their fucking mouths open and smack their food

This. Including/especially over the phone. DO YOU THINK I CAN'T HEAR YOU!?!?!

Selfish, inconsiderate people.

People who refuse to/are unable to learn the simplest tasks because they care that little, so instead create more work for you, which is the complete opposite of what they were supposed to do.

People who insist that they are special little snowflakes so the "rules" can't possibly apply to them because "my situation's different".

Diagonal walkers and people who can't put the carriage in the carriage thing even though it's RIGHT THERE!

Also, Alty, Tool's a pretty phenomenal band, so I don't know what you're problem is. Especially if you play one of their songs over an Enya track.
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Doktor Howl

People who miss a golden opportunity IRL to SHUT UP.  When you see me in the hall by the copy room, you should SHUT UP.  When we pass each other in the parking lot, you should smile and SHUT UP.  If the U of A won a game, the best way to celebrate is to SHUT UP.  Unless you are on fire and likely to ignite me, you should SHUT UP.  Even then, scream quietly and TO YOURSELF.

Just SHUT UP.  It's not that fucking hard of a concept.
Molon Lube

Cain

I used to like Tool until they made the same album
That they made the last time they made the same album
Every time they make a damn album its the same album, really
And only stoners listen to their music, it's silly

Bu🤠ns

The portrayal of the role of the Father in the media as some bumbling idiot who can't iron, can't cook,  and is a waste of flesh who evokes zero respect from his family and displays the same amount of value as if he was six feet under the ground.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: ZL 'Kai' Burington, M.S. on May 01, 2012, 03:23:47 AM
A certain inability or unwillingness in some people to notice simple (not a product of muscle memory) behavioral mistakes and make equally simple corrections to said behaviors, thus not repeating the mistake.

People who are unwilling to regulate the volume of their voice.

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS

Also, housemates who want to "share food", but what that means in practice is that they eat all of your but get weird and territorial about theirs.

Also, housemates who do things like drop your toaster and nice enameled cast iron bakeware, denting the toaster and chipping the bakeware, but won't take responsibility for it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Oysters Rockefeller

Quote from: Alty on May 01, 2012, 05:01:21 AM
People who won't STFU about *insert band here*, especially Tool.

GAH, Tool fans are the worst.

Also!

Reality TV
People who watch reality TV
People with deeply held sacred beliefs. The Universe doesn't give a fuck, neither do I.
red lights
Being told what to do
When women listen to music that objectifies women. Nikki Minaj is pretty popular right now.
Broccoli
Well, my gynecologist committed suicide...
----------------------
I'm nothing if not kind of ridiculous and a little hard to take seriously.
----------------------
Moar liek Oysters Cockefeller, amirite?!

Triple Zero

- people that tell me they have "nothing to hide"
- people that nod, but still believe they have "nothing to hide", really
- that guy at the Young Researchers when he makes lewd remarks about young student girls in short skirts
- the amount of sweat I produce after minimal physical exercise, such as quickly washing and toweling off to dry myself
- that my head gets so tired from too much input so much quicker than it does for most people
- that guy in front of the supermarket that is there playing accordion every day and still manages to really suck and not improve even a tiny bit and plays the same tune every 15 seconds
- bike thieves, also laptop thieves, probably burglars in general and also robbers
- people that buy stolen bikes on the street that feel entitled to it because their bike got stolen
- people on cocaine
- ... I could probably make this list really really long, but I've other stuff to do now :)

Quote from: navkat on May 01, 2012, 03:08:26 AMYour pedestrian taste buds

you know, as opposed to motorised taste buds ... :? ;-)

Quote from: v3x on May 01, 2012, 03:17:36 AManyone who badmouths Brussels sprouts.

you hate children? :)

(children are often more sensitive to the sulphur compounds in Brussels sprouts, there's not a lot of "then you must never have had them prepared right" about it)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I have taught my children that it's fine to not like something, but to go on about how "gross" it is, especially to someone who enjoys that food, is incredibly rude.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Salty

People who beat their children or significant other. People in public who seem that abusive but I can't be sure so I don't beat them in the face with a tire iron.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Doktor Howl

Eating steamed veggies for my lunch.   :argh!:
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Posting rants, anymore.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube