News:

PD.com: You wont believe our bullshit

Main Menu

Remake Timothy Leary's Mindmirror

Started by Gopul, May 01, 2012, 11:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gopul

Hi there, I'm new in the forums and I'm searching for anyone with some programming skills to help me remake Leary's Mindmirror. For those who don't know what Mindmirror is here's a brief description: "Mind Mirror allows the performer to digitize (scope) any thought, compare it with other thoughts and compare thoughts with others, and to engage in simulation of various roles."
I recommend everyone to try it, you can download it here

It's better to familiarize with Leary's 8-circuit model of consciousness first. Here's a video of Leary talking about mind mirror.

Okey, what I'm planning to do with the game is to modernize the whole interface and make it more "user friendly". The game is based in plain text but it could have lots of images and links to explain certain concepts or ideas. Then it would be nice to expand the possibilities of the game by making more game modes available and by relating Leary's ideas to RAW's, Antero Alli's, the enneagram, and others. That are the basic ideas I've got. I have got few programming skills in Pascal, C++, Python and java, and would really need some help with the graphic interface.

If anyone's willing to help, that would be welcome.

Sorry for my cavemen-english.

Freeky

This seems like a relatively interesting idea.

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Telarus

Posting so that I can watch the video later (& check out the executable).

I have modern engine experience (Unreal3/UDK)..... a new "game" based around the 8 Circuit model sounds interesting and I've never run into mention of Leary working on one.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Kai

Quote from: Gopul on May 01, 2012, 11:59:03 PM
Hi there, I'm new in the forums and I'm searching for anyone with some programming skills to help me remake Leary's Mindmirror. For those who doesn't know what Mindmirror is here's a brief description: "Mind Mirror allows the performer to digitize (scope) any thought, compare it with other thoughts and compare thoughts with others, and to engage in simulation of various roles."
I recommend everyone to try it, you can download it here

It's better to familiarize with Leary's 8-circuit model of consciousness first. Here's a video of Leary talking about mind mirror.

Okey, what I'm planning to do with the game is to modernize the whole interface and make it more "user friendly". The game is based in plain text but it could have lots of images and links to explain certain concepts or ideas. Then it would be nice to expand the possibilities of the game by making more game modes available and by relating Leary's ideas to RAW's, Antero Alli's, the enneagram, and others. That are the basic ideas I've got. I have got few programming skills in Pascal, C++, Python and java, and would really need some help with the graphic interface.

If anyone's willing to help, that would be welcome.

Sorry for my cavemen-english.

if you related this to Alli's stuff, I might be interested.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Gopul

Quoteif you related this to Alli's stuff, I might be interested.

My intention is to relate it to Alli's Angel's Tech, mainly.

Kai

Quote from: Gopul on May 02, 2012, 03:47:46 AM
Quoteif you related this to Alli's stuff, I might be interested.

My intention is to relate it to Alli's Angel's Tech, mainly.

That's what I meant.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Rococo Modem Basilisk

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.