DEA casually leave 24 y/o UCSD student in cell for 5 days to drink own urine

Started by navkat, May 02, 2012, 02:57:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

navkat

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/calif-student-who-drug-agents-accidentally-left-in-cell-for-5-days-says-he-drank-own-urine/2012/05/02/gIQA2xtcvT_story.html

QuoteSAN DIEGO — A San Diego college student who federal drug agents forgot and left in a holding cell for five days without food, water or access to a toilet said Tuesday that he drank his own urine to survive.

Daniel Chong also said that he bit into his glasses to break them and tried to use a shard to scratch "Sorry Mom" into his arm, according to U-T San Diego (http://bit.ly/JRlSr8).

The 24-year-old University of California, San Diego, engineering student was swept up as one of nine suspects in an April 21 drug raid that netted 18,000 ecstasy pills, other drugs and weapons.

Chong said federal Drug Enforcement Administration agents told him he would be let go. One agent even promised to drive him home from the DEA field office in Kearny Mesa, he said.

Instead, he was returned to a holding cell to await release. DEA spokeswoman Amy Roderick said he was accidentally left there.

Lovely:
Quotehe could hear the muffled voices of agents outside his five-by-10-foot windowless cell and the door of the next cell being opened and closed. He kicked and screamed as loud as he could, but apparently, his cries for help went unheard....

..."When they opened the door, one of them said 'Here's the water you've been asking for," Chong said. "But I was pretty out of it at the time."

Here's the part I love the best:
QuoteChong also ingested a white powder DEA agents said was left in the cell accidentally and later identified as methamphetamine.

They're so fucking cavalier about it. "We accidentally left him there...and we accidentally left some meth in the cell too." Yeah, and the accidentally didn't hear him screaming "WATER!" and "HELP!" for five days but someone walked in and said "Here's the water you've been asking for?" Were they aware he was in there or not?

Doktor Howl

You have to expect some casualties in The War on Drugs.

"Oh, we accidentally left him in a cell with meth for 5 days."  Eggs, omelets.

I for one, am glad that we are doing all we can to stomp out the scourge of drugs in America, even if it means that we have to essentially bury people alive with said drugs.  As a lesson to the others.

Yes, prohibition is the only possible route.  We have to show these little fuckers who the boss is.

Or they might hurt themselves or something.
Molon Lube

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Forsooth

Quote from: The Twiddlerat0r on May 02, 2012, 03:17:25 PM
Is he going to sue the dea?

if he does, they'll probably throw the book at him. If not, they might just fine him and try to hide this as much as possible

an unofficial plea bargain

Cain

Ah, but the kid now is clearly a dangerous meth addict.

The DEA have their guy!

navkat

Quote from: Cain on May 02, 2012, 03:56:11 PM
Ah, but the kid now is clearly a dangerous meth addict.

The DEA have their guy!

My thought exactly. It just fell into their lap! you know, accidentally.

Thurnez Isa

Quote from: navkat on May 02, 2012, 02:57:09 PM

They're so fucking cavalier about it. "We accidentally left him there...and we accidentally left some meth in the cell too." Yeah, and the accidentally didn't hear him screaming "WATER!" and "HELP!" for five days but someone walked in and said "Here's the water you've been asking for?" Were they aware he was in there or not?

He obviously didn't full out the proper forms
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on May 02, 2012, 04:39:34 PM
Quote from: navkat on May 02, 2012, 02:57:09 PM

He obviously didn't full out the proper forms

And there's no doubt he had the wrong values.  He should consider himself lucky to have gotten off so lightly...Most times, they don't pull you out of the oubliette.  They just sweep the bones up every other generation or so.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Hell, speaking as a Subgenius, getting locked in a box with drugs?

SIGN ME UP!  I know there's no food, but after enough meth, I can always eat the bugs I pick from under my skin.
Molon Lube

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 02, 2012, 04:46:29 PM

SIGN ME UP!  I know there's no food, but after enough meth, I can always eat the bugs I pick from under my skin.

:puts sandwich down:
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Bruce Twillis on May 02, 2012, 04:53:35 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 02, 2012, 04:46:29 PM

:puts sandwich down:

You're just not ready for this century, are you?
Molon Lube

Cain

And if anyone else got thrown in the holding cell, you could help them with the bugs beneath their skin.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on May 02, 2012, 05:24:53 PM
And if anyone else got thrown in the holding cell, you could help them with the bugs beneath their skin.

I don't think they put more than one person in each oubliette.
Molon Lube

Cain

They should.  Two or more, one bag of meth, and then take bets.

They could even use a phone to video the whole thing and upload it to Youtube.