News:

TESTEMONAIL:  Right and Discordianism allows room for personal interpretation. You have your theories and I have mine. Unlike Christianity, Discordia allows room for ideas and opinions, and mine is well-informed and based on ancient philosophy and theology, so, my neo-Discordian friends, open your minds to my interpretation and I will open my mind to yours. That's fair enough, right? Just claiming to be discordian should mean that your mind is open and willing to learn and share ideas. You guys are fucking bashing me and your laughing at my theologies and my friends know what's up and are laughing at you and honestly this is my last shot at putting a label on my belief structure and your making me lose all hope of ever finding a ideological group I can relate to because you don't even know what the fuck I'm talking about and everything I have said is based on the founding principals of real Discordianism. Expand your mind.

Main Menu

"Human waste", the War on Drugs and the judicator State

Started by The Johnny, May 02, 2012, 10:33:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Johnny

This is pretty much a riff on Zygmunt Bauman's "Wasted lives..." and Loic Wacquant's "The prisons of misery"...

Capitalism creates "human waste" as a byproduct of its "progress"; human waste is -following a metaphor of how industrial waste is created in order to generate profit- that which will not be used, for "recycling" (integrating elements to the productive cycle) is costly and is overlooked.

Human waste is the reserve army of cheap labor, but now there is no way to get rid of them as it was done in past times, such as marginalizing them towards unpopulated regions, or some desert island, now they are left to fare off in political situations of wars and massacres of ethnic cleansing (see Africa); theres also the bio-segregation in "refugee camps" in which they will never be acknowledged as "exilees" for that would imply that they cannot go back to where they came from, but thus remaining in political limbo, not having rights and access to society nor being able to return to their homeland. There is also prisons, where after "paying its debt to society" and tries to return to work and reintegration, runs into how almost nobody wants to hire an ex-inmate, exacerbates its previous condition of exclusion and forces the person to participate in illegal activities to make a living and ends up in prison again.

The neoliberal project and politics fragilize salaried work and worker protection, which creates situations of misery for a great segment of the population... this situation is controlled by measures such as "Tolerance Zero" and "The War on Drugs"(tm) but how?

Prisons are a way to segregate the "dangerous population" and to put them in a position whereby their labour can be exploited thru the prison work system... there is statistical correlation between the mass unemployment and the raising of the time of court penalties... for example, in France, the inmate population is basicly composed of inmigrants and street drug dealers...

So on Wacquants (translated) own words "the invisible hand of capitalism now wears an iron glove"
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Telarus

Well constructed. I haven't run into either author yet, but I could follow you. Some of it may need some polishing or expansion to make readers more aware of these trends. Nice job.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I think you've got a pretty good handle on most of North America's social situation.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

hirley0

despite the new tall tower of hope?
My guess is the iron age has had its day.
The future is one of biological warfare,
& the cost's of it?

Quote from: Joh'Nyx on May 02, 2012, 10:33:24 PM
"waste human"  \
"dangerous population" "the invisible hand of capitalism now wears an iron glove"

The Johnny

Quote from: Telarus on May 03, 2012, 04:28:35 AM
Well constructed. I haven't run into either author yet, but I could follow you. Some of it may need some polishing or expansion to make readers more aware of these trends. Nice job.

thanks i barely know them either, both are sociologists, one is french and the other polish, i learnt about them on an exclusion course

and yeah, its a bit short cz im going from my notes and typing on a mobile device is awful   :fnord:
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

The Johnny

Quote from: Nigel on May 03, 2012, 06:14:08 AM
I think you've got a pretty good handle on most of North America's social situation.

well the situations alluded to supposedly are firstworld trends not just Usa. Australians ran off some people to an island, theres "refugee camps" in differnt parts in europe that have people escaping african guerrillas or arabian dictatorships. the "unrecycled" people that are not integrated to the system manifest themselves, for example in mexico as the large percentage of persons living off of informal economy style jobs (were talking 60% or more) or in the USA how there doesnt seem to exist enough jobs for everyone because high tech takes their place or are moved overseas. its a general trend in capitalistic societies that simply dont give their populace a proper place or situation to survive.

-B.F. Skinner

The Johnny

Quote from: hirley0 on May 03, 2012, 11:57:57 AM
& the cost's of it?

"waste human"  \
"dangerous population" "the invisible hand of capitalism now wears an iron glove"

im sure a lot of people can tell that hope is just how a donkey sees a carrot on a stick, always just barely out of reach; totalitarism seems to be the order of the day or century

and surely biological warfare to cut down on population isnt out of the imagination of the states, but there seems to be more benefits from having "excess population", like a willing force of cheap labour, or having scapegoats for the built in failures of the system. just say, shifting the blame from economic policies to immigrants.

-B.F. Skinner

Doktor Howl

Quote from: hirley0 on May 03, 2012, 11:57:57 AM
& the cost's of it?

"waste human"  \

There will always be time for bullets, Hirley0.
Molon Lube